Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody done insurance with the just the VIN
I did as Tesla don’t register the car with the DVLA until collection so they couldn’t find the car by reg

Attachments

• 056CB26F-D6B5-4D1C-974E-5A492ED58B26.jpeg
    056CB26F-D6B5-4D1C-974E-5A492ED58B26.jpeg
    386.8 KB · Views: 80
Worry not. Although SR+ VINs with J are ultimately the 305 range (already being delivered in EU), it’s likely the UK J VINs have software that keeps the range and speed as listed. I’ll let you know exactly what my J does soon after I take delivery on 26 Nov.

I was hoping for an A just so I can “boast” about having a performance motor 😂

So not only will I not have the rear performance motor, I’m not likely to have the 305 range either!
It sucks. Though, there’sa chance we will not suffer as badly from battery degradation.

Reactions: Eco Boy
I did as Tesla don’t register the car with the DVLA until collection so they couldn’t find the car by reg
Insurance companies will give you a quote without a reg, but they will not activate the insurance without a reg. You need to call them to get it activated.

My text from Tesla for arranging collection does not have this wording in it.

Insurance companies will give you a quote without a reg, but they will not activate the insurance without a reg. You need to call them to get it activated.

My text from Tesla for arranging collection does not have this wording in it.
I’m collecting the car on Saturday so received this text yesterday. You’re right my insurance quoted me but insurance goes live on morning of the collection. Insurance company couldn’t identify the car on their system from the reg which makes sense now I know they don’t complete registration process with DVLA until collection day. But all sorted easy enough though with admiral.

Has anybody done insurance with the just the VIN

You can’t. A reg is needed. You can get a quote but you can’t activate it.
Yes you can. I got my car in September and sorted out the insurance with Churchill a few weeks in advance of collection. They put it all in place so that you have a policy and a start date all locked in. They require you to notify them of the VRN before you start to use it. That is not a problem as you will get a text from Tesla about a week before pickup with your VRN and VIN.

Insurance companies are now well used to how this works.

HTH

Yes you can. I got my car in September and sorted out the insurance with Churchill a few weeks in advance of collection. They put it all in place so that you have a policy and a start date all locked in. They require you to notify them of the VRN before you start to use it. That is not a problem as you will get a text from Tesla about a week before pickup with your VRN and VIN.

Insurance companies are now well used to how this works.

HTH
You’ve said what I said in more words. You can get a quote but it isn’t scheduled to activate until you provide them with a VRN.

Ordered on 6th October, RN received on the 12th October - ordered as a company car via ALD. A guy at Tesla had let me know a week or so ago that i'd had a reg provisionally assigned. Spoked to CS tonight who said I'm down for 29th Nov delivery. Very exciting! Just need PodPoint to pull their finger out and sort out an install date after 3 weeks of chasing them.
If you’re up north I posted a recommendation here a few days ago for a guy I’ve just used to sort mine out. He came out and did a survey the day I got in touch with him.

The dots are related to amount of regen available. The less dots the better the regen.
It's impacted by both state of charge and more importantly battery temperature, i.e. if a lower batter temp and/or high state of charge the less regen is available to be gained when driving.

Below is a useful link on how it works:

I've been trying to learn as much about the car as possible lol.
I got my delivery confirmation text today which gave me a link to some quick but good videos introducing you to all the features and UI of the car. tesla.com/support/meet-your-tesla

I got my delivery confirmation text today which gave me a link to some quick but good videos introducing you to all the features and UI of the car. tesla.com/support/meet-your-tesla
I weirdly see a 404 - page not found error for that page... you sure that's the right link?

If it is, then I guess you need to be at a certain stage of your order before the link is accessible.

Whoop! I just got my vin in source code this afternoon: LRW3F7FA3. Ordered my SR+, blue/white, 19”, EAP, Tesla Lease and part ex on 28 Sept. No other communication from Tesla, no other info in my Tesla account and no idea on delivery, but I feel it’s close! 😎🥳

Reactions: jhnbssll