Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my delivery text!

Ordered early sept.
RN 16/09
Delivery text 08/11
Delivery date 02/12

I replied to the sms with my address, but didn’t get a response… is this normal?
Or do they usually reply again to confirm?

I’ve heard others say that sometimes they don’t get the replies and it doesn’t progress?
Congratulations :)

Makes me feel a teeny bit guilty for wondering when I'll get my VIN and M3 when there's folks who ordered WAAYY before me only just getting their delivery dates. I'll try and be a bit more patient :/

I got an Ohme Home Pro installed about a month ago (only date I could get) but was umming and ahhing between Pod Point and Ohme. In the end, not sure it matters much - the app reviews for both weren't great and the "smart charging" feature between hours is apparently built into the car anyway 😂 my installer was so good tho, managed to fit everything into my electricity meter box without drilling into the house!
thats good, to be fair the only reason I went Podpoint is because work paid for it, so was my only choice, installer was decent though, did a good job

thats good, to be fair the only reason I went Podpoint is because work paid for it, so was my only choice, installer was decent though, did a good job
Exact same situation as me. My podpoint is being installed in a few weeks.

What’s the new charge point housing look like? I hear they have streamlined the old “spare wheel” look down to look a lot better?!

Exact same situation as me. My podpoint is being installed in a few weeks.

What’s the new charge point housing look like? I hear they have streamlined the old “spare wheel” look down to look a lot better?!
I have the old one, I think they were in the middle of changing over, the old one looks fine to me. My installer said its just the faceplate of the charger that has changed, the housing that they screw onto the wall hasnt changed, just the front of it, so sizing probably isnt all that different.

I have mine on the side of the house anyway so its out of the way

• Informative
Reactions: Simonix
I had such a nightmare with charge points from the lease company. Was told that I would get this for free (installation included) when I signed up initially: https://www.projectev.co.uk/uploads/07S-SE.pdf

Then a day before I signed papers, they told me that it wasn't free anymore and would have to be included in my lease price... Didn't want the thing anyway because I'd never heard of ProjectEV before and it was bulky... so in the end just told them I'd use an OLEZ grant and get what I wanted - but them re-quoting me caused a delay of getting my car order in by about a week!

All good now though... 21 days to go...

Reactions: Shakb and jhnbssll
Yeah, it seems it depends on who you talk too.

Each person has their own risk appetite. But it’s important to know the facts.

In the event of non payment, your only way out is litigation. Given they can’t get their pre sales story straight, they don’t appear to me as a competent insurer. Even if it is underwritten by UKI, Peugeot still have to refer claims, which they can choose not to do before UKI even see it.
That is nonsense.

They are regulated by Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority and are part of a group that includes Direct Line, Privilege and many other well known 'legitimate' insurers.

If you think they are telling lies then report them to the regulator.

I had such a nightmare with charge points from the lease company. Was told that I would get this for free (installation included) when I signed up initially: https://www.projectev.co.uk/uploads/07S-SE.pdf

Then a day before I signed papers, they told me that it wasn't free anymore and would have to be included in my lease price... Didn't want the thing anyway because I'd never heard of ProjectEV before and it was bulky... so in the end just told them I'd use an OLEZ grant and get what I wanted - but them re-quoting me caused a delay of getting my car order in by about a week!

All good now though... 21 days to go...
Got my home charger installed today and also 21 days to go 🤞

Wow, I'm gone for a few hours and there's a whole new book been written on here...

While I was out I happened across a red 21 plate M3 in a parking lot - as my friends walked past it the lights flashed (sentry mode) so I gave a little dance infront of the car for the owner to see when he gets back.
I want to keep it a surprise so I haven't told me friends - but boy was it hard not to say anything when I saw that one. 😂

Even more hype for the delivery text now... has to be tomorrow!

Reactions: mrsniffles
That is nonsense.

They are regulated by Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority and are part of a group that includes Direct Line, Privilege and many other well known 'legitimate' insurers.

If you think they are telling lies then report them to the regulator.
Yes, well aware of insurance regulation, yes the ombudsman will help, but we’re not talking about a simple case of “you valued my car less than it was worth when it was written off” here.

Peugeot insurance being underwritten by the same underwriter as the other large insurers means very little. If it meant anything, they’d all offer the same insurance premiums.

The fact they don’t, and they’re all underwritten by the same underwriter (as Direct Line and Churchill, who give roughly consistent quotes with one another) is yet another oddity one cannot simply put down to “Peugeot Insurance is offering mad discounts”, given everything else we’ve seen.

Gonna leave this convo here now. Insure with them, don’t insure with them. Makes no odds to me, all info is good info!

Direct Line have insured me for a pretty reasonable £400 which includes National greenflag, motor legal, no claims protection and guaranteed hire car of the same class of vehicle. Greenflag came in at £350. For me it was an absolute no brainier.

Last edited by a moderator:
All this talk can be summed up simply.

Do your due diligence. Understand your risk appetite. Seek some reviews/feedback, and then make a decision.

CompareTheMarket and the likes has turned the whole insurance market into a game of find the cheapest. This isn’t necessarily a good thing. Dont be ripped off either, but definitely don’t pick an auto insurer simply based on cost.

They are the only thing that will protect you from financial ruin if you need them.
I’m going to pull the card after reading all of this…… my wife is a certified chartered Insurance broker and she chuckled as I showed her this.

If they offer a policy and sell a policy they are liable to provide that policy. There is zero ‘get out clause’

It is not Peugeot offering the policy, it is UK insurance limited who underwrite and take full responsibility.

So no, not a billion pound organisation at all.
Just a way for Peugeot to upsell insurance at point of sale to make a measly £20 admin fee.

Let’s not mention the Ombudsman and FCA either who wouldn’t even it let it get past the point of threatening court action.

Reactions: Field Marshall
Man this is starting to get depressing now I've my RN since 28th of August and still diddly squat in regards a vin.

Anyone (maybe a few of the Irish lads) order before then?
I just got my VIN in source yesterday for a 31st August order, I'm in UK so not directly comparable but there are a few of us with such long gaps and with delivery/payment in the quarter so important to Tesla, I'm sure you'll be OK

Reactions: BevyBoy
I’m going to pull the card after reading all of this…… my wife is a certified chartered Insurance broker and she chuckled as I showed her this.

If they offer a policy and sell a policy they are liable to provide that policy. There is zero ‘get out clause’

It is not Peugeot offering the policy, it is UK insurance limited who underwrite and take full responsibility.

So no, not a billion pound organisation at all.
Just a way for Peugeot to upsell insurance at point of sale to make a measly £20 admin fee.

Let’s not mention the Ombudsman and FCA either who wouldn’t even it let it get past the point of threatening court action.
Y’all missing my points 🤦

I said I’d give up. One last post.

Yes. I agree with all this. The points I am making is, you insure with a company based on their competence to insure. Peugeot demonstrate none given their pre-sales havent a clue whether you’re covered or not. What’s to say their claims department is any better?

Yes we have protections as consumers of insurance products. Do you really want to risk having to use those protections whilst already going through what’s likely a very stressful audeal if you’re having the claim. Yes you can always stand up for your rights. We know this. Next.

If you haven’t already bought an insurance product from them, knowing the facts about the inconsistent pre sales message is important, and given we don’t know how good their claim department is (and can only base on other correspondence), its helpful for people to make an informed decision to know the facts.

UKI or not, you do not deal with them. You deal with Peugeot. You rely on their competence to avoid any form of regulation complaint and/or litigation. The regulators are not a replacement for litigation, either. Even if an ombudsman rules in your favour, it doesn’t have to end there, you can then move on to trading standards etc, none of this is new to anybody.

The points I’m making aren’t one of questioning the validity of said insurance. We agree on this, and we have throughout the entire thread. Nothing points to not being valid in their formal paperwork and policy booklet.

It’s the risk and stress of having to enforce the validity in the event they refuse to honour a claim. Insurance is supposed to remove that burden.

I’m not saying they will or won’t. In reality the only indication of competency we have is their pre-sales show which demonstrates a total lack of it.

Let’s not pretend complaining to an ombudsman is an easy feat. Let’s not pretend they always get it right. Let’s not pretend everybody is in a position to litigate.

Until we see an honoured claim, that was honoured without difficulty, none of us know anything about how good of an insurer Peugeot are, or whether you risk a 50/50 chance of needing regulatory/legal support, just as it’s 50/50 luck of a sales advisor on the phone selling you the insurance in the first place.

Jeeeeesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an Ohme Home Pro installed about a month ago (only date I could get) but was umming and ahhing between Pod Point and Ohme. In the end, not sure it matters much - the app reviews for both weren't great and the "smart charging" feature between hours is apparently built into the car anyway 😂 my installer was so good tho, managed to fit everything into my electricity meter box without drilling into the house!
Just a heads up, they aren’t supposed to fit anything into your meter box. That’s a big no no.

Long time lurker, just to add to the dates

25/10/21 Ordered - lease company car
29/10/21 RN Text from Tesla
08/11/21 Email from ALD with Finance Agreement and REG
30/11/21 Stated as cars ‘Date First Registered’

Hopefully get delivery text soon

M3LR Red/Black
really? Seems to be Tesla give priority to those leasing through a third party then? I ordered on 3rd Oct and still don't have a confirmed (in writing) VIN or any delivery date at all. I have it all verbally but nothing in writing.

Just a heads up, they aren’t supposed to fit anything into your meter box. That’s a big no no.
He seemed confident in it - he put the mini consumer unit for the charger in there because it was small and would fit in the corner - do you know the reason it shouldn't be in there? My only concern was "people could switch my charger off at the mains" if they had a meter key 😁

Hi, been lurking for awhile.

Ordered my Tesla Long range on lease through my Ltd company on the 16/10. I spoke to customer services yesterday they informed me my car has been allocated with a vin and reg but they are awaiting lease authorisation so they won't tell me my delivery date at the moment.

Also I just spoken to Peugeot insurance and they 100% confirm they are insuring teslas and lady said loads of people have insured their tesla with them because they are very competitive at the moment.

Hi, been lurking for awhile.

Ordered my Tesla Long range on lease through my Ltd company on the 16/10. I spoke to customer services yesterday they informed me my car has been allocated with a vin and reg but they are awaiting lease authorisation so they won't tell me my delivery date at the moment.

Also I just spoken to Peugeot insurance and they 100% confirm they are insuring teslas and lady said loads of people have insured their tesla with them because they are very competitive at the moment.
Thank you!

Jacob, onto the next subject.