Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone here will know because I can’t get an answer from anyone else it seems! 😂

Do lease companies tend to place orders for several vehicles at once or do they order them as and when people take out lease deals? I’m particular, of course, I’m asking about Teslas.

Someone here will know because I can’t get an answer from anyone else it seems! 😂

Do lease companies tend to place orders for several vehicles at once or do they order them as and when people take out lease deals? I’m particular, of course, I’m asking about Teslas.

The impression I get from other posts is that the lease companies (eventually) order the cars on demand. I can’t imagine any individual lease company has enough Tesla demand to pre-order, given the number of combinations possible.

Its been mentioned that lease companies have to provide a 14-day cooling off/cancellation period (as per distance selling) and as a result they may wait 14 days for that period to expire before actually putting your order into Tesla.
You might think you're in the Tesla queue when you apply for the lease but they don't apply for you until 14 days and *then* you'll get the RN. You can lose out on any offers/changes that might occur during that 14 days gap.

It's also been suggested that if you put down the deposit yourself first then transfer your RN to the lease people that will put you in the Tesla queue early.

Its been mentioned that lease companies have to provide a 14-day cooling off/cancellation period (as per distance selling) and as a result they may wait 14 days for that period to expire before actually putting your order into Tesla.
You might think you're in the Tesla queue when you apply for the lease but they don't apply for you until 14 days and *then* you'll get the RN. You can lose out on any offers/changes that might occur during that 14 days gap.

It's also been suggested that if you put down the deposit yourself first then transfer your RN to the lease people that will put you in the Tesla queue early.
Such a good point! I hadn’t considered that! Damn it!

Must be different for different lease companies then, I got my RN number text 2 days of confirming my order. I'm getting mine (LR) via a work electric car scheme, via dreamlease, not sure if dreamlease are the actual lease company or just an intermediary.

Ordered mine around the 13th of September, got my RN text on the 15th of Sept, and got a second text on 10th November saying

"Tesla Update - Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated. You will be notified when your vehicle is ready to be scheduled for delivery, in the meantime please familiarise yourself..."

Been told to expect delivery in Dec (after initially being told it would be late November when I ordered) by my leasing company.

If you are in a fixed deal currently it is best to stay on it. I am already with Octopus fixed at 16p/kW don’t think moving to Octopus Go will make it any cheaper. If at all I will be changing to Agile, but right now wholesale rates are way too high any time of the day making the switch uneconomical. And for the same reason I believe energy suppliers are not able to offer better pricing and are advising consumers to stay where they are. If you are not already with Octopus, I would suggest to delay your switch as you would not be gaining much (if at all)
I've been on both Agile and Go. If you actually use your car to do lots of miles, then Go is far superior. On Agile I never once got a negative days bill...and I don't forsee that happening anytime soon with the current cost of electricity and upcoming electricity shortages.

Currently I pay 1.1-1.2 pence per mile on Go.

Reactions: Field Marshall
Must be different for different lease companies then, I got my RN number text 2 days of confirming my order. I'm getting mine (LR) via a work electric car scheme, via dreamlease, not sure if dreamlease are the actual lease company or just an intermediary.

Ordered mine around the 13th of September, got my RN text on the 15th of Sept, and got a second text on 10th November saying

"Tesla Update - Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated. You will be notified when your vehicle is ready to be scheduled for delivery, in the meantime please familiarise yourself..."

Been told to expect delivery in Dec (after initially being told it would be late November when I ordered) by my leasing company.
It seems as though most lease companies provide the ‘best case scenario’ date for deliveries to get you to sign up… 😒

I've been on both Agile and Go. If you actually use your car to do lots of miles, then Go is far superior. On Agile I never once got a negative days bill...and I don't forsee that happening anytime soon with the current cost of electricity and upcoming electricity shortages.

Currently I pay 1.1-1.2 pence per mile on Go.
Octopus Go is a bit tricky in my case. It comes down to the individual circumstances I suppose. The default rate goes To 25p and 4 hours at 5p. Given my normal usage is also high, I calculated that any saving is easily eaten away by the occasional few days where one may have to charge beyond the 4 hour window.

I am also on Octopus fixed tariff and deciding on whether to change to Octopus go. Currently paying 15.82p it will go up to 23.77p on Go.

Not sure if there will be any actual savings? Unless you do all your heavy usage in the 4hr window eg washing machine,dryer, etc?

We just need to create our own thread..... "Ireland: The long lost forgotten island Tesla ships can't find" 😂
The lack of information from Tesla Ireland is awfully frustrating. Surely by now half ways through November they would have more firm idea of when in December I should roughly receive my car. Then getting told they dont know what ship its on etc etc :rolleyes:
Spoke to DA there last week- mid to early December seems to be the view for the promised delivery. That would mean it should be firmly on its way at the moment. No further details than that so I see what you mean.

Reactions: John_IE and Bandito
Spoke to DA there last week- mid to early December seems to be the view for the promised delivery. That would mean it should be firmly on its way at the moment. No further details than that so I see what you mean.
I'm hopeful of early December. The CS rep I spoke with this morning thinks mid to late December but he doesn't actually know. All he does know is that the car is enroute and I'm being told a generic month in case of potential delays in shipping. I've had my VIN now for 2 weeks so you would assume it's well on its way at this stage 😂

He also told me cars get delivered to Southampton and are then brought over here from the UK, either through Belfast or Dublin. Which goes against what we currently believe on this forum which is Irish cars come from Belgium.

Reactions: John_IE

The lack of information from Tesla Ireland is awfully frustrating. Surely by now half ways through November they would have more firm idea of when in December I should roughly receive my car. Then getting told they dont know what ship its on etc etc :rolleyes:

Yeah that fits in with what I was told last week too - that the next shipment arriving in Ireland on 08/12..... plus few days to prep etc. would be 10/12-15/12 deliveries 🤞

They said they would have more info and VINs allocated etc. 3 weeks before 08/12 which is this week (17/11), so we should hear something by the end of this week!

This all aligns with Nabucco passing through Suez Canal 16/11-17/11 coincidentally...... that could be our ship 🧐 Arrives in SOU 26/11 and ZEE 28/11.... I'd say the bit they are struggling with is the SOU/ZEE to DUB leg - those routes could be pretty full with 2022 other brand cars already

Reactions: Bandito
Yeah that fits in with what I was told last week too - that the next shipment arriving in Ireland on 08/12..... plus few days to prep etc. would be 10/12-15/12 deliveries 🤞

They said they would have more info and VINs allocated etc. 3 weeks before 08/12 which is this week (17/11), so we should hear something by the end of this week!

This all aligns with Nabucco passing through Suez Canal 16/11-17/11 coincidentally...... that could be our ship 🧐 Arrives in SOU 26/11 and ZEE 28/11.... I'd say the bit they are struggling with is the SOU/ZEE to DUB leg - those routes could be pretty full with 2022 other brand cars already
Hopefully yeah, he did tell me to expect to know more in the next 2 weeks 😂. They also need to wait until we clear the SEAI grant too which I have no idea timescale wise of. Another CS rep mentioned last week that the cars cant be registered until this happens

Reactions: John_IE
c2d~2.png

Just been told my trade in valuation has expired, I'm picking my car up on the 25th November. Was told by Tesla if I don't want to trade in with them then I need to let them know 2 weeks before pickup so they can draft a new contract and get the payment cleared once the contract is in my account.

Problem is, that now I've given them my updated odometer reading it's "recalculating" the valuation for my car, and I am now unsure if there's enough equity in the trade-in to cover the downpayment, but if I go to get a better deal elsewhere, and I tell Tesla I'm not trading in with them, there's likely not enough time for them to draft a new contract and get it in my Tesla account by Wednesday night so I can make the payment on time for delivery. Really really crap situation...
My valuation expired yesterday too. I'm probably not going to trade-in with Tesla but have updated the mileage reading and awaiting recalculated value, just incase they come back with an amazing offer ;)
Thanks tho' for the heads-up on the 2 weeks notice to cancel trade-in. My collection is 4th Dec so I have time.
Fingers crossed all works out well for you and your pick-up.