Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just double checked and my “Your delivery date is being calculated” text also arrived on the 22nd Nov, so most likely all on the same ship. Out of curiosity what colour did you guys order?
Although I’m hoping she’s on Horizon Leader or Hyperion Ray (both due at Southampton early December) I think the most likely boats are Grand Dahlia or Paradise Ace - both of which are currently approaching the Suez Canal and will be at Southampton between the 10th-13th of December. I’m betting this means delivery will be in the new year but I’m hoping for sooner 🤞🏼

Just got my delivery date through for the week before Christmas. Hope you did too!

Reactions: Advocate
5 more sleeps to go until I collect on Saturday afternoon at Southampton. I'm beginning to actually get stuff ready - yesterday I drilled a hole in the side of my house (utter git to do as flint walls) for a 60 metre network cable, connected it at the house end and left the rest coiled up outside. Today I laid it to the garage and configured an Apple Airport Express as a network extender. Took surprisingly long, because that device has been unused for at least 15 years and unbeknowest to me needed an update. Sorted now, connected and after 17 years I have WiWi in my garage (so the Tesla can phone home for all those juicy updates). Bonus, it gives full coverage to my back garden!

I've been um-ing and ahh-ing about the home charging solution I will use. A granny charger isn't going to be fast enough and my electrician has gone radio silent on me. Ultimately I will put a Zappi in but for now I am going to "go Commando". Will need new MCBs at the consumer and garage end at least becasue the existing ones are too small (32A but needs to be 50A as there are other things in the garage that might draw too much with the car plugged in). But like I said, TEMPORARY (and maybe a backup if the Zappi - when it finally arrives - ever plays up).

And today, some accessories arrived - a cup holder liner and cubby organiser for the front compartment. Yeah, I know, the little things, right? Anyway, long story short, I'm starting to get a bit excited.... 5 days ffs...

Last edited:
So, anyone want to help me out with expected timeframes from Tesla? As the leasing comapny (carsparison/ADL) is being pretty vauge and just telling me 'before Christmas'...

I ordered on the 10th and at that time I was told my car was on a boat due to arrive on the 25th of November, for delivery to me before Christmas (which seems like a long delay between arrival in the UK and delivery to me...). Yet I've still not had any texts etc from Tesla. The only hint I've had that tesla even know who I am is I was sent a 'finish setting up your tesla account' email on the 11th.

Is it normal to still have no contact from Tesla at this point?

Thanks

I also got the "your model 3 is available earlier than expected" only to look and see the available dates are no earlier than what I already have :(

Called CS... was hung up on 5 times and got through on the 6th attempt (persistence is key) and got it brought forward by 3 days, better than nowt I guess. CS confirmed it's still on a boat.

Reactions: Elmet
So, anyone want to help me out with expected timeframes from Tesla? As the leasing comapny (carsparison/ADL) is being pretty vauge and just telling me 'before Christmas'...

I ordered on the 10th and at that time I was told my car was on a boat due to arrive on the 25th of November, for delivery to me before Christmas (which seems like a long delay between arrival in the UK and delivery to me...). Yet I've still not had any texts etc from Tesla. The only hint I've had that tesla even know who I am is I was sent a 'finish setting up your tesla account' email on the 11th.

Is it normal to still have no contact from Tesla at this point?

Thanks
For myself I ordered through an EV scheme at work in October, got confirmation text from Tesla 11/11 saying to set up my account and a text saying your vehicle arrival is being calculated on 22/11.. . Seems pretty similar to a few people here who also got the same text on 22/11.

If you ordered 10/11 it's a little later than me and the Tesla website was showing February 2022 by that point. I don't know when my lease company raised the actual order though, so you could be around the same timing as a few of us on here. It seems a bit pot luck!

For myself I ordered through an EV scheme at work in October, got confirmation text from Tesla 11/11 saying to set up my account and a text saying your vehicle arrival is being calculated on 22/11.. . Seems pretty similar to a few people here who also got the same text on 22/11.

If you ordered 10/11 it's a little later than me and the Tesla website was showing February 2022 by that point. I don't know when my lease company raised the actual order though, so you could be around the same timing as a few of us on here. It seems a bit pot luck!
I think it was a car I've been allocated by the leasing company was already ordered (I was immeditely given a reg number, but no VIN) so I hope I don't have to wait until Feb!

For those people being contacted with earlier collection days, are you all picking up from Southampton, or are other locations also contacting people (he asked optimistically).
I got contacted and I am picking up from Thorpe Park. However I didn't get any earlier dates than what I saw the first time I booked an appointment. I ended up changing it to the 16th of December(I initially picked the 18th).

Reactions: robbo100