Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My day finally came! Took delivery of mine this morning! Got a text from Anyvan when they were half an hour away and they turned up to the minute.

Was a bit of a weird experience once he got it off the truck, I just signed his pad and off he went after handing over the keycards!

Came with 58% charge and it took about 20 minutes for the email to come through that I had to sign for acceptance. It then took another 6 hours or so for the car to appear in my app.

Been out for a blast in it and if it’s dropped the half second I’ll be blown if I can tell! It shifts even as a SR+. Done about 30 miles in it and all the self driving cameras are fully calibrated and it works really well.

Setting the charge limit in the app to 100% estimates 270mi so stacks up with what I was told about the newer range.

Thanks @khew1988 for the checklist web app, amazing job man and it was perfect for my walk around. Paint looks good even on the sill but gonna have another proper look when I’m not as excited and eager to drive it! One thing I might get in touch with CS about is the front trunk, the alignment is ever so slightly out and it seems to take some doing to close it back up, feels a bit wrong. Apart from that though, all good.

I know this should probably go in the new delivery experience thread but figured you guys might appreciate this more since that thread is a bit quiet.

Stay strong and enjoy your toys when they come 😎

Attachments

• 101FF22E-57B4-4A46-B6E1-9933E47D9F1F.jpeg
    101FF22E-57B4-4A46-B6E1-9933E47D9F1F.jpeg
    980.9 KB · Views: 67
  • D0183C7E-149B-47F0-9A97-D52092FD160A.jpeg
    D0183C7E-149B-47F0-9A97-D52092FD160A.jpeg
    907.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 32CEAEDB-09F6-44C0-B3CB-EFBFAEF0BD21.jpeg
    32CEAEDB-09F6-44C0-B3CB-EFBFAEF0BD21.jpeg
    648.2 KB · Views: 54
My day finally came! Took delivery of mine this morning! Got a text from Anyvan when they were half an hour away and they turned up to the minute.

Was a bit of a weird experience once he got it off the truck, I just signed his pad and off he went after handing over the keycards!

Came with 58% charge and it took about 20 minutes for the email to come through that I had to sign for acceptance. It then took another 6 hours or so for the car to appear in my app.

Been out for a blast in it and if it’s dropped the half second I’ll be blown if I can tell! It shifts even as a SR+. Done about 30 miles in it and all the self driving cameras are fully calibrated and it works really well.

Setting the charge limit in the app to 100% estimates 270mi so stacks up with what I was told about the newer range.

Thanks @khew1988 for the checklist web app, amazing job man and it was perfect for my walk around. Paint looks good even on the sill but gonna have another proper look when I’m not as excited and eager to drive it! One thing I might get in touch with CS about is the front trunk, the alignment is ever so slightly out and it seems to take some doing to close it back up, feels a bit wrong. Apart from that though, all good.

I know this should probably go in the new delivery experience thread but figured you guys might appreciate this more since that thread is a bit quiet.

Stay strong and enjoy your toys when they come 😎
Glad the app worked well for you mate!

With the frunk, have a look online - it could just be the rubber pads on the underside and they only need rotating as they adjust like a washing machines feet.

Reactions: SpaceCowboy
I’m collecting my car from the Trafford Centre this Friday 3rd Dec.

I’ve just had a courtesy call from Alistair at Tesla confirming that the delivery is on track and asking if I’m ready. I am…!

My only questions were can it be charged as much as possible and is it there yet. He told me the car currently has 54% charge and may get some more at the collection centre, but they only have 3 slow chargers. He also said the car is due to arrive at 7pm on the 1st Dec, but depending on the drivers hours it may be first thing Thursday 2nd.

Great service, I thought. Top marks so far…👍

I just got my date!! 23rd December at 1430 - with it being a lease I thought they’d deliver but it’s a collection appointment. Not that I’m bothered I’m completely buzzing that it’s coming in time for Christmas!!!! :D
The message just arrived. Tuesday 21st December at 11.30 at Trafford Centre. Brilliant.
So time line is as follows.
Ordered LR Blue/Black Aero wheels, no extras on 12th November.
SMS on the 19th to say delivery to be scheduled.
Found a vin from the source code a day or so later.
No further contact until I called CS at the weekend who confirmed I had a vehicle allocated and to expect a delivery before the end of December.

Thanks mate, I’ll give that a go.

Out of interest, do you build native apps as well?
Sadly not. I work in IT infrastructure (servers etc) and just learnt HTML whilst messing about in my teens. That said the checklist app on glide is all fine through “what you see is what you get” editing…. The Beta at Tesla Inspect UK by Torquing Tesla however is purely HTML5 (hence it’s not as far completed).

I wish I could code properly for native apps though!!!

For those people being contacted with earlier collection days, are you all picking up from Southampton, or are other locations also contacting people (he asked optimistically).
Here's my timeline on delivery notices:
When I was first contacted about pick up ages ago I nominated Brent Cross, then on 18th Nov I get text to say due for delivery on Wed 8th (at this point I think I am now picking up from Thorpe Park as heard that was the new location). The text did ask me to reply with my full address but I figured this was a security confirmation more than anything.

Last Friday I get the text that available slightly earlier on 6th and did I want it earlier (such a silly question :)

Today I got text saying would be delivered to my house on 6th which is bonus as getting to Thorpe Park was going to be a problem. I dont know whether its luck or design that I now have a home delivery, but I know I am likely to spend most of the day looking out the front window in eager anticipation.

So if any of you get the same text put your home address down, and see what happens. Good luck

There are a few people saying texts are just coming through, what time do they work until?
I am really hoping for a delivery before Christmas but I think it's unlikely as when I ordered it said delivery in March. I spoke with someone as they was a problem with my part exchange, now sorted, and I asked about the possibility of a December delivery. The answer shocked me as she said I ordered a car not a lot of people order, RWD M3 blue with black interior with aero wheels. She said that combo wasn't very popular in rear wheel drive version

Ordered a M3 SR+ black with sport wheels and black interior on 3rd October, delivery to bluewater with a trade in. Got the text to schedule collection on 11th November. Scheduled for 11th December 10:30am. Saturday 27th received a text with my VIN and licence plate number. Today (29th November) got a text saying I can collect earlier. New dates are only the three days prior to original collection and can’t do any dates so sticking with the original!

less than 2 weeks to go now!

Reactions: LeSloth
To everyone getting their cars in the next few days/weeks, hope the days go by quickly (and smoothly) for you all! 🥳 Exciting times!!

Soon you will be saying goodbye to petrol stations, and one week on you will be doing countdowns 🤣

For now, guess you’ll be looking at Tesla videos on YouTube or window shopping on accessories 😂 (That’s what I did at least 😅)

Last edited:
Ordered a M3 SR+ black with sport wheels and black interior on 3rd October, delivery to bluewater with a trade in. Got the text to schedule collection on 11th November. Scheduled for 11th December 10:30am. Saturday 27th received a text with my VIN and licence plate number. Today (29th November) got a text saying I can collect earlier. New dates are only the three days prior to original collection and can’t do any dates so sticking with the original!

less than 2 weeks to go now!
I am due to collect from Bluewater on the 10th. I am tempted to call CS to see if I can move forwards to one of the slots that you can't make, but I suppose there are quite a few variables. It isn't just whether there is a collection slot, but also whether the car is actually at the collection location in time for an earlier pickup.

It is a shame the car isn't connected to the app yet, to see where it actually is :D

Reactions: LeSloth