Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just be aware though that ”unlimited” is not always unlimited! For example I’m on EE “unlimited“ which is nothing of the sort, being limited to 600Gb/month (including uploads). Not much for a families main (and only) broadband.
We’re talking about “unlimited” on a hotspot phone… the OP manages on 10GB normally! So family Wi-Fi consumption isn’t an issue in this case. I should have put unlimited in quotes in my post of course … because in the literal sense there’s no such data plan available to anybody!

Reactions: page3
Or London streets. Or Britain’s towns generally in my experience. (Apart from the Tesla vision incessant bonging and imaginary red cars ahead, I had a massive TACC phantom brake going under a railway bridge at 30 in a line of traffic yesterday…) I hope you continue to enjoy your car, you will need to be a lot more Zen than I am.
Not related to this last update, but before 2022.16.1.1 I done 2,100 miles road trip across France, Switzerland and Italy. Not a single phantom braking event. Not even in the worse weather condition. Last Sunday in London Streets, I attempted to use tacc on an nearly empty long lane…
The slam was so hard, that I thought I had hit something…just a phantom brake event. I’m happy they enhance the graphic and try to make the car a better experience, but the phantom braking events undermine the overall safety of the vehicle. They should only allow it on dual carriageway and motorway. Or at the very least trickle down to AP some of the technology being develop for the sooooon to be FSD.
Never use AP and/or TACC unless on motorway

Reactions: Peter 224
That’s what Tesla says in the manual I think. In any urban setting I can guarantee unwanted braking events on a regular basis. We just need a dumb speed limiter for that situation. I’m ever hopeful that future software updates will bring such a feature.
Yes it's what they say in the manual, and when you enable AutoPilot in the car for the first time, however given they have the ability to control which roads you can use it on it does seem ridiculous that people can enable it anywhere (there are lane markings). I guess this is Tesla's North American perspective, no rules to prevent, their liability is limited by statements, drivers choice.

No sign of the blended auto-braking at high SoCs, in the end. Pity, I quite like the idea of uniformity in braking. Always catches me out on the rare occasion I charge to 100%.

Yeah. I had assumed that since LFP cars weren't getting that part of the update (and regen options are limited in newer cars anyway) that earlier cars would instead. But I've just updated to 2022.16.1.1 and have the same release notes as in the screenshot posted by @speedyranger74

Tell me you're a new owner without telling me you're a new owner:
Still no update on my 22 M3P.
:)

Never thought I’d see the day I’d have FOMO over a software update on a car 🫤
You're not missing out on anything. Always wait for someone else to test the software first. There's a reason this forum is full of complaints about software ;)

First short drive with 16.1.1 on AP on my local ‘test track”
pleased to find that car is further to the right in a lane and away from the kerb again. Probably just a tad beyond the centre of the lane.
Much happier with that. Power/regen line is now also visible to the naked eye 😂
Someone will know. I think the speedo may have shrunk again to make for the line.
visualisations are better for what they’re worth. Over the last few updates their appearance has become sporadic. Wheelie bins yards from the kerb show up but not pedestrians in front of them. About 50% of oncoming traffic is displayed. There is no change to this.

Just come back from a long drive with the 2022.16.1.1 update.

my initial thoughts:

• The cars in the display no longer blend out at longer distances ahead, they just "appear"... this does give the impression that the car sees them (or just draws them) further away... not sure if it actually does.
  • Still has the issue on three lane+ highways with lorries on the inside lane phantom "drifting" to the middle lane when passing them :(
  • The highway exit changes are implemented, needing manual signal required.. an audible chime would be helpful here, as unless you are watching the screen, you will likely not see the very faded exit tentacle show you when you need to exit.
  • The graphics for traffic seem better.

Reactions: Niek
I have a 'stuck' notification of 2022.16.1.1 "available for download" but says it's 'waiting for wifi'.
It has downloaded stuff before but on tapping the LTE symbol it pops up with 'searching for wifi...' but isn't finding anything.
It last downloaded 2022.12.3.2 whenever that update was

I tried setting my phone as a hotspot and it can't find that either.
Any suggestions?

*** Scrub that. I just tried the two-button reset and it's found my wifi again. :)
(not had to do a reset for ages almost forgotten it was a cure for lots of things)

Last edited:
I have a 'stuck' notification of 2022.16.1.1 "available for download" but says it's 'waiting for wifi'.
It has downloaded stuff before but on tapping the LTE symbol it pops up with 'searching for wifi...' but isn't finding anything.
It last downloaded 2022.12.3.2 whenever that update was

I tried setting my phone as a hotspot and it can't find that either.
Any suggestions?
Have you rebooted the car?

Someone will know. I think the speedo may have shrunk again to make for the line.
Jeez. It was bad enough when they moved it all the way to the right, which in my driving position partially obscures it. Presumably the not-really-a-blind-spot display is still at the bottom right? I really couldn’t care less about wheelie bin displays, dancing traffic lights, vague visualisations of other vehicles around me. I just want the essential information that I need as a driver presented in a clear way. I have big glass window things for everything else.

Jeez. It was bad enough when they moved it all the way to the right, which in my driving position partially obscures it. Presumably the not-really-a-blind-spot display is still at the bottom right? I really couldn’t care less about wheelie bin displays, dancing traffic lights, vague visualisations of other vehicles around me. I just want the essential information that I need as a driver presented in a clear way. I have big glass window things for everything else.
The problem is that this is all the “influencers” fawn over, and all that Elon gets to hear.

It’s never going to improve unless we get some proper critique from people he listens to.