Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK]2022.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve steered a wide birth from the V11 UI debacle. Can anyone tell me what’s missing/buried from V10 that’s now back in place with 2022.4.5? Or what is stil missing/buried?

It is up to you whether you want to download the V11 update or not - I am not wading in to your personal preferences.

But someone with 9000 posts and 6000 likes and a well known member, who still may or may not comment or opine on the new software without even trying is slightly unfair for other members in the forum who uses the V11 daily. So I think in the interest of fairness you should try! But as I said earlier it is up to you to make that decision.

Hey. I just asked a simple question. I'm not asking opinions as to whether to install it or not. I just lost track as to what and what has not been reinstated in the UI and would have liked some input so I can make up my own mind. There is more than my consideration involved in whether the UI changes are worth installing at this point in time. I am not the main driver of the vehicle and I need to ensure that the transition to the new UI is as seamless as its going to get, which is probably 'not very', but at least Tesla appear to be listening to some feedback and V11 seems to be in its early stages, so I'm happy to kick that tin further down the street.

As to questioning whether I can post on particular subjects or not, I think you will find that I have been pretty quiet on the V11 front and that those that I probably have commented on reflect on my past involvement in the transport research (including autonomous vehicle and UX testing) and safety industry.

I got 30.11 very early on too. Bit of a waste of space since mine is a 2020 with a resistive heater.
I’ll probably open a can of worms but I prefer it. My car is toastie in under 5 minutes and no heat pump issues!
I thought we might get .13 but that seems to have dried up. I imagine us 11’s will have to wait for a subsequent version. …I dont think it will be long in coming…
Agree - I am to keep my 2019 Model 3 for the foreseeable and recently I've thought that I'm happy not to have the heat pump because it's likely to last longer.

Reactions: Adopado and Dilly
Agree - I am to keep my 2019 Model 3 for the foreseeable and recently I've thought that I'm happy not to have the heat pump because it's likely to last longer.
I read here somewhere that the fault with the heat pump is that in ultra cold places (Canada) the external air vent gets frozen open, so can’t close and the pump gets overwhelmed with cold air and so it shuts down. And the software fix is to ignore its shutdown sensor....so eventually it will die...at least that’s how I remember it🤷‍♂️

I read here somewhere that the fault with the heat pump is that in ultra cold places (Canada) the external air vent gets frozen open, so can’t close and the pump gets overwhelmed with cold air and so it shuts down. And the software fix is to ignore its shutdown sensor....so eventually it will die...at least that’s how I remember it🤷‍♂️
Although I have no doubt that the vent freezing problem was real, it appears one problem (the main problem?) was to do with a software bug in terms of how the car controlled one of the valves in the heat pump system.

Reactions: Bouba
Wow this version of the software sleeps - 3 days the first to me.and now 6 days - both times only woken to charge.
I log the data with teslamate, teslalogger and my own js
Previously only woke once every 24hrs, best I had previously was on the p100d that managed 48hrs after the MCU2 bugs were sorted
Yes, I’m seeing the same. 1d 22h since mine updated and went to sleep, previously it would wake at least once every 24 hours. I’ll be using it later so won’t get a chance to see how long it would have slept for.

Reactions: goRt
Although I have no doubt that the vent freezing problem was real, it appears one problem (the main problem?) was to do with a software bug in terms of how the car controlled one of the valves in the heat pump system.

A mobile Tesla technician did a recap on my 21 M3P this week as part of another fault, where they insulated the heat pump pipes.

Hey. I just asked a simple question. I'm not asking opinions as to whether to install it or not. I just lost track as to what and what has not been reinstated in the UI and would have liked some input so I can make up my own mind. There is more than my consideration involved in whether the UI changes are worth installing at this point in time. I am not the main driver of the vehicle and I need to ensure that the transition to the new UI is as seamless as its going to get, which is probably 'not very', but at least Tesla appear to be listening to some feedback and V11 seems to be in its early stages, so I'm happy to kick that tin further down the street.

As to questioning whether I can post on particular subjects or not, I think you will find that I have been pretty quiet on the V11 front and that those that I probably have commented on reflect on my past involvement in the transport research (including autonomous vehicle and UX testing) and safety industry.
It would be nice if there is a statement saying your involvement in autonomous vehicle and still being on v10. As someone of your influence can easily sway forum readers opinion unfairly if you do not disclose your conflicts of interest.

• Funny
Reactions: DJP31
Much prefer the profile and wifi etc being at the top. Still not a fan of something so relatively important as dashcam taking a slot in ‘quick access’ if you want to save clips, but better than nothing before and now I don’t need to honk. I might try the voice commands for clip saving though so I can focus the quick access on audio sources (now that I can’t jump between sources as easily because its a drop down menu)

Still think they can experiment more with the physical controls they already have - maybe some inventive use of the steering wheel buttons? eg double click the button to trigger a shortcut/app/other. Or let me cycle through wiper speeds with the wiper button on the stalk by continuing to press while the menu is up

Reactions: goRt
I’ve steered a wide birth from the V11 UI debacle. Can anyone tell me what’s missing/buried from V10 that’s now back in place with 2022.4.5? Or what is stil missing/buried?
Can only speak as an S driver. As far as I can tell - nothing is back. The burying of the seat heaters and demist/rear screen are the biggest PITA consequences of V11. All 2022.4.5. brought me was the ability to move the dashcam button down to the task bar or whatever you're supposed to call it.

IMO debacle just about sums it up nicely.

I think they're letting china get all the changes first.. someone on reddit posted a list of the UI team at Tesla (no idea how they got it) and it was 90% chinese names.. so I suspect they're based there now, which would explain it.

Top row is improved, they've restored the audio sources menu, and the supercharger list is back.

But no movement on the headers/demist buttons yet, or the cards for trip/tyres.

Can only speak as an S driver. As far as I can tell - nothing is back. The burying of the seat heaters and demist/rear screen are the biggest PITA consequences of V11. All 2022.4.5. brought me was the ability to move the dashcam button down to the task bar or whatever you're supposed to call it.

IMO debacle just about sums it up nicely.

dashcam button on bottom bar if you choose, profiles back on the top row (when in park) so you can switch quickly, wifi icon shows when connected.

if they let you set anything as a favourite, and then put those on the bottom row wiht more than 4 allowed (so like my old BMW radio presets which could be anything not just radio stations) that might go some way to helping

. I might try the voice commands for clip saving though so I can focus the quick access on audio sources (now that I can’t jump between sources as easily because its a drop down menu)
Slight problem with voice commands … they don’t understand me lol. I’ve had to change my wife’s name in phone book just to stand a chance of calling her using VC. This isn’t just a Tesla thing though it’s VC in every car I’ve owned that has it. Oh the joys of a Yorkshire accent is nearly as good as a Scottish one (in a lift …. 11,11,11🤦‍♂️).
My next car will be having physical buttons for driving controls (unless Tesla make selection of controls in favourites).

It’s probably looking for 22.4.6. ;)

Its not had to wait long for an update, but not 2022.4.6...

Software version 2022.4.5.2 was just detected on a Tesla Model Y Long Range in Alberta Canada. The highest previous version was 2022.4.5. Follow the 2022.4.5.2 release at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

1644739427353.png