Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which came out as the temps started to drop ;)

As Mr B mentions above this is related to temperature. There was a thread last winter that went into this in detail. IIRC some of us did some testing to replicate the issue.

It’s been doing it since the 2018.44.2 cold weather improvements update so all UK Model 3/Y etc. Back then when I first noticed it I took some photos. Below show a post it note applied when the car had been exited when below the threshold and windows had automatically dropped - its this drop that people are hearing.

The photo shows the position of the post it after the window had raised back to its normal (non cold) position. The small drop is enough to allow window to clear the top trim (without allowing water ingress) if the window gets frozen when door needs to be opened. It actually happens on all door windows, at least did in 2019 when these photos were taken.

Unfortunately when it did it for us, we got windows not closed notifications but that was subsequently resolved - iirc couple of windows needed to be recalibrated.

1670571133020.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: init6
Did two 150 mile journeys yesterday on 2022.44.2 - best the car has been for a while. Not a single phantom brake and what impressed me was at one point doing near 70 on the A1, approaching a stationary truck in a lay-by, the truck turned on the indicator to pull out; my M3 immediately slowed and it felt like it pulled out a bit in case the truck was about to pull onto the highway. It’s the first example for me where it seemed like Vision had reacted to a visual clue in a way which was genuinely impressive. First journey in morning, low sun, dazzling & dappled light, wipers worked perfectly - no dry wiping! Return in the evening, AHB also worked perfectly as did the wipers. Autopilot behaved itself well.

This has rendered autopilot completely useless for me. I admittedly have a phobia of dry windscreen wipers and if they go off when the screen is dry I have to shut then down immediately. So simply cannot use TACC any more. Frankly this, alone, would stop be buying another Tesla!
very much this. my evening commute last night TACC seemed to think the moon is a blot on the windscreen and attempted with thei highest degree of vigour to remove it. In the process smudging the windscreen with grit and crap and to make matters worse, my windscreen skooshers were frozen! Had to pull over and empty my water bottle over the windscreen. Such a piece of sh!t software coding excuse that still has not been fixed.

I have a quick question, I'm not yet 100% sure if I am going more crazy then normal.
But I swear that the passenger window is doing things when the driver door is being open and or closed.
I've only heard this sound since MY updated to 2022.44.2
For example I thought I heard the passenger window move when I got in the car this morning on the way to work, and again when I got back from work, but not when I went out during lunchtime.

Can anyone else confirm this, or am I just going totally mad?
Yesterday morning I put the passenger window down to get the condensation off. It wouldn't go back up. After around 5 attempts with the driver side controls it went up 90%, stopped then went back down all by itself - almost as if detecting a blockage. It took me around 20 attempts to get the window fully up. Coincidence or bizarre... not sure.

Did two 150 mile journeys yesterday on 2022.44.2 - best the car has been for a while. Not a single phantom brake and what impressed me was at one point doing near 70 on the A1, approaching a stationary truck in a lay-by, the truck turned on the indicator to pull out; my M3 immediately slowed and it felt like it pulled out a bit in case the truck was about to pull onto the highway. It’s the first example for me where it seemed like Vision had reacted to a visual clue in a way which was genuinely impressive. First journey in morning, low sun, dazzling & dappled light, wipers worked perfectly - no dry wiping! Return in the evening, AHB also worked perfectly as did the wipers. Autopilot behaved itself well.

Mine did similar yesterday as well, but just on cruise control. Someone indicated to pull into our lane and the car behaved brilliantly, started to gently slow almost as soon as i noticed it and well before it was actually in our lane. I wondered if something had changed or if it was just luck.

Reactions: Burley
Mine did similar yesterday as well, but just on cruise control. Someone indicated to pull into our lane and the car behaved brilliantly, started to gently slow almost as soon as i noticed it and well before it was actually in our lane. I wondered if something had changed or if it was just luck.
That’s fantastic, but my Audis have been doing this flawlessly for over 10 years. Nice to see that Tesla might finally be catching up.

"Turn signals are automatically deactivated when a lane change, branch or merge has been completed." Isn't that how every car has worked since the 1970s?
Only when the steering wheel moves by more than a certain amount. You can do the soft press which only flashes a few times on the motorway, but if you did a hard press when changing lanes on the motorway, the indicator would stay on. I read this change as the car is smart enough to cancel it for you even if you do a hard press.