Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.38

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installing now
1000007166.jpg

Can anyone check if the annoying EU speed warnings are included in this update?
According to the article copied below, there are four levels of warning that manufacturers can choose from - and all can be overridden. The 'lightest level' just shows the speed limit in the car - which my M3 has done since I bought it.
Anyway, I have 2023.38 installed, live in France and, as normal, nothing seems to have changed apart from some game, something to do with location sharing and an advisory that my windows might move slightly during updates.

Anti-speeding Tech

Reactions: Burley
After a round trip of about 15 miles this morning on A roads, there was not a lot of visible difference. There are no blue dots to indicated new features, at least as far as I can see. The screen visualisations seem to have become more detailed again - in one two-lane roundabout queue it was showing 15 to 20 other vehicles.. It did (wrongly) pick up a side road speed limit that it's never picked up before and it did lose connectivity where it never has done before, but whether these are changes or just blips is anybody's guess. I need to do some motorway miles to assess Autopilot but haven't currently got any motorway journeys planned before Monday.

does it break teslamate?? still holding off 32.9... :/

Is the result of the official API changes? I know TeslaFi are looking at the shift to using it, but current implementation is currently less rich than the 'unofficial' one so I got the impression that not ready for general consumption. I'm expecting it to eventually cost something to official api consumers. Not sure where that will eventually leave TeslaFi, TeslaMate etc.

The screen visualisations seem to have become more detailed again - in one two-lane roundabout queue it was showing 15 to 20 other vehicles..
My car has always done this, seemingly randomly. Most of the time it only shows a few vehicles, or those immediately surrounding me at a junction/roundabout/traffic lights. But then on occasion it will render a screen full of cars for no apparent reason. Last time I remember noticing it was maybe a couple of weeks ago (on 2023.32.x)

Reactions: bneg
I'm on 32.9 and I haven't noticed any degraded functionality in Teslamate. What's supposed to be broken?
Something has changed in the way the drives are reported/logged and the current version of TeslaMate can’t parse the data. It appears to be a simple fix, but the TeslaMate developer seems to be AWOL… There are ways to patch the current version of TeslaMate, if you are able to apply the patch.