Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you go into the car menu and hit the notification icon at the top there should be a log item displayed saying it’s crashed
I had something similar I was just using ACC / EAP and it started saying unavailable then I noticed there was nothing on the right of the screen - I was just trying to set my cruise control so didn’t notice then screen went white and reloaded and it started working again?

I guess a simple memory leak

I've waited nearly a week since getting 2024.2.6 before posting this but so far the car has behaved perfectly well.

Using AP on A roads it is slowing for corners and when approaching roundabouts or T-junctions etc (before I disengage) so no issues there*, screen visuals have not been lost, no bogus schedules from the car to interfere with charging, IO has charged to its schedule on all three occasions and the car has coped OK with any rain (although I haven't driven in spray yet). No dry wiping and AHB is exactly as before. As I've stated before, I'm used to Tesla Vision and it's no longer an issue for me.

I must sound like some sort of acolyte but I will be the first to openly criticise when something is awry. All I can assume is that maybe the latest software is OK with the Ryzen processor in my relatively new car and the particular set of 'alert but do not action' settings I have always used avoid the dramas that others regularly mention.

(*about 120 miles driven, mixture of roads & including AP, I always still reboot including pressing the brake pedal after every update)

Reactions: thax1
An obseervation from a drive this morning which I presume others get. I've had a lot of "Lane departure not available" messages for a while, seemed to start late last year, and while I'm not a big AP user I gave it ago today to see if its any different to before.

AP engaged and worked ok whilst I was still getting "lane departure not available" type warnings. That doesn't really compute to me as surely Lane departure and staying in lane are two sides of the same coin? Or.. maybe... Tesla use completely different software engines from first principles (raw video feed into each maybe) to work each out and lane departure is less tolerant for some reason. Just seemed a bit of weird to me that the one you'd expect to be more dangerous if it got it wrong (AP keeping in lane) was happier to give it a go compared to the safety system that would only ever kick in if the driver drifted out of lane.

#FridayMusingOverAnInconsistency

Are others able to use AP even when getting LDW? I’d understand if you didn’t want to try, I only did for a shortish bit of quiet dual carriageway but it worked

I get the feeling they could fix the LDW issue if they were bothered to try

Are others able to use AP even when getting LDW? I’d understand if you didn’t want to try, I only did for a shortish bit of quiet dual carriageway but it worked

I get the feeling they could fix the LDW issue if they were bothered to try
Autopilot does work with LDW. If you have auto-lane change, that fails much of the time when the warning is displayed. And because the LDW warnings can pop up every few seconds when driving on the motorway it’s a 50-50 gamble if your lane change will work or not. The frustration it causes is immense.

Seriously how the hell can they build a car where on almost every drive the vehicle throws up warnings or moans about something or another. There should be no warnings 99% of the time.

The cameras should not moan if it’s sunny, dark, cold or rainy. It’s pathetic.
For the same reason it says "contents may be hot" on a cup of coffee. Idiots + Lawyers :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Adopado
It’s quite appalling to find how many aspects of a car that I’ve owned for almost 4 years, no longer work consistently or flawlessly. Particularly when some of those aspects used to perform well.

One has to wonder how, serving so many changes in vehicle architecture, software updates or parts thereof, are compatible across models.