Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, while driving with a friend, we discussed the wipers. My friend suggested a control similar to a sliding "volume control" for adjusting them, or even controlling them through the steering wheel scrolling buttons. However, we agreed it's probably too sensible for Tesla to implement.

Today, while driving with a friend, we discussed the wipers. My friend suggested a control similar to a sliding "volume control" for adjusting them, or even controlling them through the steering wheel scrolling buttons. However, we agreed it's probably too sensible for Tesla to implement.
But you can toggle between the steps using the scrolling buttons on the wheel?

For me the Auto Wipers appear far less sensitive to the point they are no use .....again o_Oo_O
I agree. 2024.2.8 was horrible for auto wipers today, in a variety of rain conditions. I spent most of the time having to toggle between continuous and auto. I sure hope this isn’t the improved wipers that was mentioned on X…

I also had a bad lane change abort for seemingly no reason. Sigh.

I agree. 2024.2.8 was horrible for auto wipers today, in a variety of rain conditions. I spent most of the time having to toggle between continuous and auto. I sure hope this isn’t the improved wipers that was mentioned on X…

I also had a bad lane change abort for seemingly no reason. Sigh.
Yes, wiper sensitivity has dropped to a comically low level on *.8.

Maybe that's why AP was crashing on roundabouts - it confused it with rain.

On the lane change, accumulation of spray on the repeater camera can make it go unavailable and if that happens during a lane change it'll abort.

EDIT: Maybe *.8 was a straight rollback to a previous AP version? It came out pretty quick. It would explain the wipers.

It's too early to be sure anything has actually changed with the wipers & it's probably just placebo. However, since getting .8 earlier this week the wipers seem to choose intermittent far too often with steady rain rather than continuous (which it needs).

I don't recall that happening previously.

Reactions: Durzel
But the 3 options aren’t enough when the super duper clever neural network learning, galactic, wipers give up the ghost.
Before auto wipers came along, cars had three steps that I remember. Intermittent, slow and fast wiping. That’s all you really need for manual controls and you can switch between these with the steering wheel controls.

Of course we shouldn’t have to do this if it had good auto wipers but it does make it less inconvenient than reaching for the touch screen.