Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.20 Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The autopilot suspension seems to be just a strike is removed for every week of clean driving. The previous approach just continued to rot up so even a relatively good driver/user would end up being banned for a week
I'd argue about someone getting strikes being called "a relatively good driver", but that's a well worn argument at this point :)

Nothing for us re the new Cabin Camera Monitoring replacing the steering wheel nag in USA FSD? I would have hoped this would extend to regular AP users outside the US
Nothing explicit in the release notes, but it could be an undocumented change. Will give AP a try a bit later. Our nagging is more aggressive than they see in the States, I think.

Nothing for us re the new Cabin Camera Monitoring replacing the steering wheel nag in USA FSD? I would have hoped this would extend to regular AP users outside the US
Pretty sure it's US only and we won't get that. Didn't Ford have to get government approval for hands free BlueCruise? Tesla would have to do the same to allow us to take hands off steering wheel.

Sure it's one of those they probably could get approval for this but they won't care and won't apply for it in the UK.

2024.20.1 installing now.
Pretty unusual for a Saturday morning. I popped out this morning and when I got back, did a software check and the last check in the car was still 2nd June. Teslafi was still showing 100+ updates waiting. Then 5 minutes ago a notification popped up and Teslafi now showing 1300+ updates waiting.
No cornering lights on mine.
@AnthonyLR you too?

Reactions: Durzel
There’s a few people with this issue on the other thread, but my MYP appears to be refusing to check for updates. Admittedly it was parked up and not used for much of last week but the last check was June 2nd and, despite a reset, it won’t check again. I can only assume it’s something to do with the time it checked on the 2nd so will try it after 9pm tonight. Bit odd though.

Didn’t see this item mentioned in Durzel’s screenshots. Possibly requires a car with heat pump?

IMG_6183.png

2024.20.1 installing now.
Pretty unusual for a Saturday morning. I popped out this morning and when I got back, did a software check and the last check in the car was still 2nd June. Teslafi was still showing 100+ updates waiting. Then 5 minutes ago a notification popped up and Teslafi now showing 1300+ updates waiting.
No cornering lights on mine.
@AnthonyLR you too?
Yup just installed it

Reactions: Dilly
I had the update yesterday. The "NEW" icon in the settings showed against the switches for adaptive headlights (probably the cornering enhancement) and the speed camera chimes. The latter may be new to me because I subscribed to Premium Connectivity yesterday.

Can anyone with this update confirm the rumor/"undocumented change" of the car displaying an "expected range with a trailer"

There is supposedly code in the firmware for this, but who knows if it's enabled for us or what models. I tow a caravan with my Tesla, so this would be handy as currently the range estimates don't seem to adjust very much and then the car can panic and add a supercharger stop which is in a multistory car park or suchlike (obviously I plan around this anyway) when it's not hitting the expected range.

So it would be nice if it handled this a bit more gracefully.

Can anyone with this update confirm the rumor/"undocumented change" of the car displaying an "expected range with a trailer"

There is supposedly code in the firmware for this, but who knows if it's enabled for us or what models. I tow a caravan with my Tesla, so this would be handy as currently the range estimates don't seem to adjust very much and then the car can panic and add a supercharger stop which is in a multistory car park or suchlike (obviously I plan around this anyway) when it's not hitting the expected range.

So it would be nice if it handled this a bit more gracefully.
It would be bit pointless since the aerodynamic drag and weight of trailers will vary enormously.