Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.20 Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way of switching the animations off when you open the boot etc? When I pull up at work to charge, I open the boot and the charging flap from inside the car before getting out... but now it takes so long I don't bother.
Honestly you can just tap the charging flap with your hand to open it. It's quicker than triggering it from the touchscreen.

I've got S3XY buttons and knob, all good on my end.
Same here. No obvious issues here but there is so much that could potentially be incompatible it's hard to be sure nothing is impacted.

For example
1000001110.png

Agreed. That looks better than I was expecting.
The headlight assembly does have a couple of stepper motors that can move the whole LED matrix and projector in 2 axis, up/down and left/right I think. So as well as being able to switch on and off pixels individually, there is certainly scope for limited left/right rotation of the projector/matrix assembly. It's possible that's what we are seeing though it's hard to be sure without looking at the projector lens in situ as the steering wheel turns, which might be tricky if it's speed sensitive. Note, do not stare at the headlight directly!

Reactions: Niek
I didn’t think the UK was getting the cornering effect? Don’t know where I read that though…

Anyone had a play yet?
Yeah on the Tweet by Tesla it suggested only for US/Mexico and a few others, I was also disappointed but it landed yesterday and noticed it working this evening.

Seems decent, though can’t figure out if it’s doing the tracking by vision or steering yet, I need to go play on some darker country roads to figure it out, but overall another nice upgrade.

Reactions: goRt and M1tch
I need to go play on some darker country roads to figure it out
Police - "Sir why are you just driving back and forth on this dark single track country lane?"
boombap - "I just got the latest incremental update to my car and was testing whether a new feature is activated by steering or is vision based"
Police - 😐
boombap - "Look at the pixels changing on the bend!"
Police - 😐

I didn’t think the UK was getting the cornering effect? Don’t know where I read that though…

Anyone had a play yet?
From 2024.20.1 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates it shows cornering twice, "Headlights Adapt for Curves" is for markets that don't have Adaptive Headlights, like the USA. "Adaptive Headlight Improvements" includes cornering and is for markets that do have Adaptive headlights, like the UK.

Reactions: M1tch
Got 20.1 last evening, no chance to test the lights on the curves but did notice the a/c got going more aggressively when first getting in the car this morning. Checking for updates on the software screen has stopped again, says last checked 10 June even though it updated on 11 Jun. Suggests it’s not worth repeatedly polling that in the hope of encouraging an update.

Installed 2024.20.1 last night. Did the usual 2 button reset this morning but during a drive on a dual carriageway this afternoon on AP (EAP) the car simply refused to attempt any automatic change of lanes when the indicator was initiated. No traffic approaching from behind and it didn't show the blue area to the right of the car either. It's almost as if it no longer recognised I'd got EAP.
Anyone else seen this?
I'll try again tomorrow and check if NOA works.