Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone ordered the Taptes mats for RHD model 3? £106 but they look to have the high sides so any mess stays within the mat. Would be handy for work especially in the winter time. Would be interested in what the quality and fit are like? Also mentions possibility of a group buy if anyone else is interested.
I’ve got the Taptes mat but only for the rear, it’s a shame you have to buy them as a full set. I like the rear mat as it does the job well and as mentioned cleans up well. I’d be interested if there was a group but as would keep the rear section as a spare.

Reactions: seadog
Sorry for appearing slightly thick but if you get a new fancy M3 with the USB-C and Wireless charging, what do you need the hub for?

I was considering getting a hub so that I could connect the wireless charger to it and still have space for a memory stick for the dashcam but as it now appears my car will have wireless charging built in, I'd assumed that the hub would be pointless?

As mentioned above, it's great for tidying up the storage area and hiding the SSD / Endurance SD.

The included wireless charger still uses the USB C port as far as I'm aware, so the hub would enable you to then plug in a games controller, or another USB lead (if you maybe like me have a work phone that is from the dark ages) without unplugging anything else.

A Chinese restaurant in Fulham/Chelsea Kings Road was once called 'Ho Lee Fook'.
If you can't find the book you're looking for then you're probably in the..........

wong-fook-hing-book-store-36303000.png

Looking for recommendations for

Matte black exterior badges, to match either NP or AO matte black de-chrome (I saw NP do one, but it looks like you can still see chrome at the side.)

Car seat cover for kids seats (maxi Cosi axiss and a Graco nautilus)

I have many more stuff to get, but these are top priority.

Thanks,

Jim

Looking for recommendations for

Matte black exterior badges, to match either NP or AO matte black de-chrome (I saw NP do one, but it looks like you can still see chrome at the side.)

Car seat cover for kids seats (maxi Cosi axiss and a Graco nautilus)

I have many more stuff to get, but these are top priority.

Thanks,

Jim

I bought my matt black exterior badges from Greendrive however they appear to be out of stock. You can check Torque Alliance for these or alternatively much cheaper here if you don't mind waiting for shipping:

Tesla Logo For model-3 Carbon-Fiber Front-Logo ABS For Tesla Model S Model 3

For seat covers, I picked up 2 of these from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018ZZKR04?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

They fit and protect well, don't slide and weren't too expensive.

With car seats though I found it very difficult (and my kids even more so) to buckle the seat belts in as the sockets are very short. I ended up buying some good quality seat belt extenders:

https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/tesla-model-3-seat-belt-extender/

Maybe see how you get on without them first? Delivery was about 10 days from Hungary

• Helpful
Reactions: j1mgg and Roy W.
I have the Taptes wireless charger and the splitters , and then I have 2 x Sandisk usb with a formatted 128gb micro sd card. One I’d hoped to use for dashcam and one maybe for music.

what am I doing wrong when I plug it all in with the splitters I can only get one of the sandisk/sd to work so that covers dashcam etc . But then I can only get one half of the Taptes wireless charger to work.

I have the Taptes wireless charger and the splitters , and then I have 2 x Sandisk usb with a formatted 128gb micro sd card. One I’d hoped to use for dashcam and one maybe for music.

what am I doing wrong when I plug it all in with the splitters I can only get one of the sandisk/sd to work so that covers dashcam etc . But then I can only get one half of the Taptes wireless charger to work.
It's nearly a year since I got my car but I'm sure, unless things have changed, that you can only have 1 storage device and if you want to store music you need a separate folder to sentry. I don't store music as I prefer Apple Music from my phone.

USB splitters won’t usually allow data to be used on both devices simultaneously, they are more for charging multiple devices. You need a full USB hub that allows data on multiple channels to use 2 devices with data. You have to be careful though, some of USB hubs sold as hubs are still just splitters in fancy boxes.

It's nearly a year since I got my car but I'm sure, unless things have changed, that you can only have 1 storage device and if you want to store music you need a separate folder to sentry. I don't store music as I prefer Apple Music from my phone.

Thats not my experience. I use a 2 port SD card reader with 2 x 128MB media cards, one for TeslaCam and one for music. They both coexist quite happily however, whether dual media is the reason or not I do not know, the format option is greyed out.

• Informative
Reactions: m3gt2
Thats not my experience. I use a 2 port SD card reader with 2 x 128MB media cards, one for TeslaCam and one for music. They both coexist quite happily however, whether dual media is the reason or not I do not know, the format option is greyed out.
Ah ok, I seemed to remember something about only 1 data source but only used my ssd for sentry/dashcam so have never tried.

Reactions: MrBadger
It's easy enough to just have two folders on the one USB device, one titled TeslaCam and the other titled TeslaMusic (not sure the latter title is at all important, but the TeslaCam one seems to be). I just use a Samsung T5 with just those two folders, one full of music, the other for use by the dash cam and sentry mode. Seems to work reliably.

First time my original battered wedding ring has been off in over 40 years - it was tight & getting uncomfortable so I treated myself to this from Hansshow... got a good exchange rate & 20% discount too.

It paired instantly with the car so the key card will no longer be needed as a backup for the phone. Quality of finish (cubic zirconium) looks to be very high especially the subtly engraved Tesla logo (& LED illuminated box was a nice touch).

cnIiWIi.jpg

Reactions: Gatsojon and Roy W.
First time my original battered wedding ring has been off in over 40 years - it was tight & getting uncomfortable so I treated myself to this from Hansshow... got a good exchange rate & 20% discount too.

It paired instantly with the car so the key card will no longer be needed as a backup for the phone. Quality of finish (cubic zirconium) looks to be very high especially the subtly engraved Tesla logo (& LED illuminated box was a nice touch).

cnIiWIi.jpg

Cool! do they do a c**k ring by any chance?

It would definitely be a little more entertaining when unlocking the car.

Thought about starting a new thread but here’s a few things that I can give feedback on in case it helps others

Charging - really glad I stuck with switched/interlocked Commando-based charging. I use a mixture of the UMC and a Juice Booster 2 to charge at home - with both being interchangeable in case I get a fault. Living in a rural area I really needed redundancy and so far this plan has proven to be right for me. The Juice Booster product is superbly engineered and service was great from Switzerland. Cost around £1200 on top of electrical works.

UMC commando 16A and 32A adaptors - would list these as essential accessories - great service from Tesla UK/Netherlands

Tesla Key Fob - again for me would list as essential - reckon this is good value at £150, some may disagree but gives great convenience and works in all pocket types. I also paid for the Tesla silicon holder/key ring but not essential as you can buy cheaper from ebay/amazon etc.

Abstract Ocean all-weather RHD floor mats - fantastic product, the material looks good in the car and no rubber odours. Some sort of all-weather mats are essential in this car unless you always park in the dry/get in from the dry IMHO.

Integral USB 3.0 > SD adaptor and Lexar 128GB “professional” SD card - gives Sentry/Dashcam for just over £50

Amazon/Basenor boot and frunk mats - again, excellent, although cost quite high at £120 for the pair

Abstract Ocean Matte screen protector - my first purchase mistake - should have waited until I had the car - I haven’t even opened it as love the look of the screen and don’t feel the need to turn it into matte look - others may disagree. Once I’ve fitted it’s replacement - a Spigen equivalent from Amazon - will list for sale on here.

Large extra soft “screen clean” microfiber cloths - again another essential from my point of view - find them on amazon or your opticians etc.

Tesla sun shades - the front one I love and would list as essential if like me you are tall and therefore sit further back, meaning midday sun causes glare in your upper eye-line. The rear one doesn’t do it for me - hangs down too much away from from the edges and makes the car feel meh. They are not cheap but you do get a label with the word Tesla on it.

Jack pucks - I bought a pair, would assume they are essential but hoping I don’t get to find out why.

Storage bags - I bought a selection from Montrose Bags following recommendation from a forum member - lovely quality product and great value for a waterproof bag. I bought a bright yellow one for Frunk storage in case I am at the roadside so I have something brightly coloured to warn at front of car. Not essential but useful and practical for waterproof lugging of chargers, cables etc if you so require.

Baby wipes - I guess anything will do- but non-fragranced works for me and co-op do a big pack for about £1.20 with a good sealer clip panel. Important they stay moist for those sensitive wiping moments.....

Door open button stickers - I thought these would be essential but after the first 2 times of having to remember the button location it’s second-nature, not sure I will get round to fitting them.

Felt pads self-adhesive - essential for dealing with rattles if they bother you, they were really handy for the front sun shade clips which would have vibrated against the roof glass.

If I think of any more will add some further thoughts. Hope it helps someone.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Gatsojon and samdc