Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally, the accessories we've all been waiting for.

Anyone else ready to become the most shining sex in a vast sea of cars?

o_O

Screenshot_20200813-185334_AliExpress.jpg

Screenshot_20200813-185538_AliExpress.jpg

£15.70 | LUCKEASY Exterior modification Car color stickers for Tesla Model3 2017-2020 Decal Sticker for exterior decoration modification
US $19.9 |LUCKEASY Exterior modification Car color stickers for Tesla Model3 2017 2020 Decal Sticker for exterior decoration modification| | - AliExpress

Finally, the accessories we've all been waiting for.

Anyone else ready to become the most shining sex in a vast sea of cars?

o_O

View attachment 575839

View attachment 575840

£15.70 | LUCKEASY Exterior modification Car color stickers for Tesla Model3 2017-2020 Decal Sticker for exterior decoration modification
US $19.9 |LUCKEASY Exterior modification Car color stickers for Tesla Model3 2017 2020 Decal Sticker for exterior decoration modification| | - AliExpress

In a word...No hahaha

Reactions: DanAndTheBeard
Quick heads-up: Saw some TAPTES-looking hubs on eBay advertising that they are M3/MY compatible (UK stock) and nearly ordered, then asked the seller if they were 2xUSB-A or 1xUSB-A and 1xUSB-C. Turned out to be the former. Quite sure the seller wasn't trying to fool anybody and he went away to check and told me, so maybe the listing has been revised, but just putting this out there. Have now ordered one from TAPTES (why don't they offer expedited shipping to UK? I'd have been happy to pay the same again to get it quicker!).

Think the TAPTES is a splitter tbf, but that's OK for me :) The power would be the same anyway unless there is an external PSU (of course) and I only need one for data, using a tiny USB adapter for a micro-SD card, partitioned one for music and the other for dashcam/sentry.

Quick heads-up: Saw some TAPTES-looking hubs on eBay advertising that they are M3/MY compatible (UK stock) and nearly ordered, then asked the seller if they were 2xUSB-A or 1xUSB-A and 1xUSB-C. Turned out to be the former. Quite sure the seller wasn't trying to fool anybody and he went away to check and told me, so maybe the listing has been revised, but just putting this out there. Have now ordered one from TAPTES (why don't they offer expedited shipping to UK? I'd have been happy to pay the same again to get it quicker!).

Think the TAPTES is a splitter tbf, but that's OK for me :) The power would be the same anyway unless there is an external PSU (of course) and I only need one for data, using a tiny USB adapter for a micro-SD card, partitioned one for music and the other for dashcam/sentry.
Have you got a link to the eBay hubs? Only ones I've seen are from China

I believe the new Model 3/Y compatible hub from TapTes is an actual hub, rather than a splitter as all data ports are enabled, same as the Hub Pro for the old one.

It's a pre-order for Sept delivery by the looks of it.

For any of you with the new (fancy! :D) Model 3's with the built in USB-C and wireless, wanting a hub for it, you need this one:

TAPTES Tesla Model 3 & Model Y USB Hub

Please, don't order one from Jeda unless you like paying more money for things that don't arrive and they start ignoring you if you ever ask for a refund!

Sorry for appearing slightly thick but if you get a new fancy M3 with the USB-C and Wireless charging, what do you need the hub for?

I was considering getting a hub so that I could connect the wireless charger to it and still have space for a memory stick for the dashcam but as it now appears my car will have wireless charging built in, I'd assumed that the hub would be pointless?

Sorry for appearing slightly thick but if you get a new fancy M3 with the USB-C and Wireless charging, what do you need the hub for?

I was considering getting a hub so that I could connect the wireless charger to it and still have space for a memory stick for the dashcam but as it now appears my car will have wireless charging built in, I'd assumed that the hub would be pointless?

They provide a neat solution for holding (and hiding) a neat little SSD (for Sentry and Dashcam and Music) without it needing to dangle on cables in the bottom of the cubby hole. It also gives connectivity options for a games controller and/or alternative connections for phones that cannot take advantage of wireless charging.

Reactions: Neilio and Godsense
Anyone ordered the Taptes mats for RHD model 3? £106 but they look to have the high sides so any mess stays within the mat. Would be handy for work especially in the winter time. Would be interested in what the quality and fit are like? Also mentions possibility of a group buy if anyone else is interested.

Anyone ordered the Taptes mats for RHD model 3? £106 but they look to have the high sides so any mess stays within the mat. Would be handy for work especially in the winter time. Would be interested in what the quality and fit are like? Also mentions possibility of a group buy if anyone else is interested.
I have them. They're a perfect fit at the front. The middle section of the rear doesn't seem to sit flat though, seems like it should be pushed under the armrest some how.

They do show the dirt though but clean up well.

Happy to provide pictures but a little embarrassed currently due to the mess following a beach trip yesterday.

Oh, and they took around 3 months to arrive.

Reactions: seadog
I have them. They're a perfect fit at the front. The middle section of the rear doesn't seem to sit flat though, seems like it should be pushed under the armrest some how.

They do show the dirt though but clean up well.

Happy to provide pictures but a little embarrassed currently due to the mess following a beach trip yesterday.

Oh, and they took around 3 months to arrive.

That would be great thanks. Are they thick heavy duty rubber? They look like they're made from a stiff material in the website photos. Also, do they reduce the road noise any? Was hoping they might, the P does have a fair bit of road noise but probably to be expected with the wheel / tyre combo fitted.

That would be great thanks. Are they thick heavy duty rubber? They look like they're made from a stiff material in the website photos. Also, do they reduce the road noise any? Was hoping they might, the P does have a fair bit of road noise but probably to be expected with the wheel / tyre combo fitted.
I guess showing them dirty is probably a good real world review...

20200817_165457.jpg

20200817_165503.jpg

20200817_165553.jpg

20200817_165521.jpg

They're not thick but they are solid. Not driven the car without mats though so not sure if they suppress sound but doubt they do.

Attachments

• 20200817_165457.jpg
    20200817_165457.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Helpful
Reactions: seadog