Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll start by apologising as i suspect I'm asking this is in the wrong place - but here goes...

Is there a height restriction to Cribbs Causeway? I'll have 2 Kayaks on my roof - i'm good for 2.1 meters but not 2m

Maybe drop a few PSI just to be safe :)

1664642371486.png

Reactions: debrooker
Still big hole in Worcestershire. Herefordshire, Gloucestershire along the M5 corridor. Strensham both sides is still an obvious place that should be done.
The problem at Strensham is a lack of grid capacity especially at the south bound side. That is the reason even ecotricity now grid serve don't have a rapid charger there...

At one time there were plans for a supercharger in the centre of Worcester, but they have disappeared now.

The problem at Strensham is a lack of grid capacity especially at the south bound side. That is the reason even ecotricity now grid serve don't have a rapid charger there...

At one time there were plans for a supercharger in the centre of Worcester, but they have disappeared now.
Always wondered why Strensham was split into North/South when there is a junction right next to it - they could have easily had a single site for both directions....

Always wondered why Strensham was split into North/South when there is a junction right next to it - they could have easily had a single site for both directions....
It has a very interesting history. The service station has been moved to make room for the M5/M50 junction. If you look at autoshenanigans on Youtube, they talk all about its history.

Reactions: Buzzliteyear
Lots of new sites appeared on the coming soon map. Brighton now has two coming soon sites, one next to Brighton and Hove Albion’s training ground and one at Brighton Marina.
At the moment I don't appear to be seeing the same listing (I did try to force a refresh on my browser).

I do see a couple of minor changes including two Brighton markers but they are both still at the railway station. In the UK text listing (rather than the map) one marker says "Adur" for the address which, I gather, relates to Shoreham-by-Sea. But nothing hinting at the Marina.

There's also a duplicate Taunton marker; conversely the Leavesden and Watford markers have disappeared but apart from that the other Coming Soon markers appear unchanged for me at least. I see the newly opened London - Sidcup Supercharger is now called Ruxley.

However, at time of writing the web listing is a bit of a mess: some Service Express entries are included (they shouldn't be on the Supercharger listings) and many of the addresses are missing or wrong (last time I checked, Oxford wasn't on the M74 in Scotland although I suppose Abington and Abingdon are only one letter different :rolleyes:). Maybe it's in the process of being updated and will settle down in a day or two.

1665086346344.png

Reactions: Roy B
Well, I am charging at Abington in Scotland right now and right beside and in front of the SC bays there is much digging and Heras fencing as if there is to be an expansion

ETA: just seen the covers around part of the fencing and it is marked with the name of an EV charging installation firm - so that is fairly positive as to what is going on!!

Last edited:
Lots of new sites appeared on the coming soon map. Brighton now has two coming soon sites, one next to Brighton and Hove Albion’s training ground and one at Brighton Marina.
I spoke to the Supercharger team as soon as this rash of info was revealed, and this was down to a change of system that mistakenly revealed exact addresses of ‘coming soon’ sites on the Find Us page. It was rapidly fixed but not before the details were revealed for many countries Including the U.K.
The risk of premature release of info is that competing networks may be able to get in contact with these sites and poach them, and site owners may have asked for confidentiality.
the good news is that there are lots of great sites on there!