Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't get too excited about this layout - I've seen plenty of people with charge ports on the opposite side of a Tesla complain that even with the V4 chargers the cable doesn't reach comfortably to the other side, so they just take the cable from the closest stall to their charge port - you then still end up with a sub-optimal mix of people using the stalls on either side of the bays - it works so much better when the stall is in the centre of the bay, so everyone knows which stall they are supposed to use.

That only because they tail (like Tesla’s usually do) in rather than nose in. If they went nose in, they’d use the ‘correct’ stall.

A Tesla can also go nose in with this layout and also take from the ‘wrong side’, the cable will reach if you drive far enough into the space, e.g. front wheels up to the curb.

That only because they tail (like Tesla’s usually do) in rather than nose in. If they went nose in, they’d use the ‘correct’ stall.

A Tesla can also go nose in with this layout and also take from the ‘wrong side’, the cable will reach if you drive far enough into the space, e.g. front wheels up to the curb.
Fair point, but either way it requires a bit of diligence on the part of the non-Tesla driver to understand that they should be using the stall on the left-hand side (from a tail-in position, or right-hand side from a nose-in position), which is not immediately obvious unless they pay close attention to the overall site layout rather than just picking the closest stall.

The tip to nose-in a Tesla though may prove useful in some cases: V4s still offer some hope! Though there's still plenty of opportunity for stall blocking, if people leave their cars in suboptimal ways.

Fair point, but either way it requires a bit of diligence on the part of the non-Tesla driver to understand that they should be using the stall on the left-hand side (from a tail-in position, or right-hand side from a nose-in position), which is not immediately obvious unless they pay close attention to the overall site layout rather than just picking the closest stall.
I don’t disagree but it is what it is.

The tip to nose-in a Tesla though may prove useful in some cases: V4s still offer some hope!
Not all sites will be able to nose in due to obstacles at the back of the bay but many V4’s I’ve seen are fine.

Though there's still plenty of opportunity for stall blocking, if people leave their cars in suboptimal ways.
I’ve seen many Tesla driver leave their cars in sub-optimal ways also.

Thankfully just looks to be connectivity issues.

Meanwhile, M62 Birch East has finally switched on! May this bode well for all the other Manchester area sites waiting to be switched on.
Yep, I noticed that too.

I wonder when the White City SC's will finally switch on? Look like they were completed months ago and you would think power supply shouldn't be an issue as there are about 12 Be.ev chargers next to them.

Bar Hill update: Lots of progress on the Service Centre building, but no superchargers as yet. At least the parking area where they are to go has been levelled and some kerbstones on hand to lay it out. Also evidence of HV cabling being installed to power them (hole in the ground is beside the road to intercept existing cables in the verge, with the other end popping up next to the green DNO enclosure).

Attachments

• barhill3.jpg
    barhill3.jpg
    608.5 KB · Views: 4
  • barhill2.jpg
    barhill2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • barhill1.jpg
    barhill1.jpg
    862.6 KB · Views: 3