Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Anyone else considering refusing delivery by of Model Y? (USS)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP, You clearly know what you want and exercised your rights as a consumer by voting with your wallet. I support your decision - well done!
I hope to see you happily driving a MY at some point in the future!
Sadly its not just your sale Tesla are loosing, with this USS shambles prospective buyers are looking elsewhere, one question I have been asked over and over, would I order a Tesla today and when the get a definite no, its swings the balance in favor of other vehicles that were on their list. I am aware of three collogues, keen on the Tesla Y but having concerns have gone for Polestar and Kia, This can only get worst when all those who have been fooled and take delivery of their Tesla without USS realise they have been duped the word will spread.

Shifting the goalposts now, aren't you? You said software development doesn't work like that and when I called you out for your BS you change the subject and throw insults.

Cool story, a lot of people on this forum do.

Ship to production and test later? Explains a lot about you, with that mindset no serious organisation would hire you.

And those development cycles are a set period of time, where the work is estimated to be completed within it.

Almost sounds like estimating how long a piece of work will take to complete.
Sorry load of crap, would agree with you if ETA was not advertised and money taken for the functions when placing the order. Its blatant Fraud to continue to advertise EAP and taking payment for functions knowing it will not be delivered at the Pont of vehicle handover. I also believe that Tesla have their rear end very exposed as they continue not to make it aware that 60% of EAP functions will not available and Tesla do not know when or if they will be restored with Vision or some sort of magic dust.

Lol well guess what? Update 2022.44.11 includes the new Tesla Vision Park Assist. So everyone that canceled/rejected their cars because of no USS can now get back in line to order.

Only is parking with USS was the only reason; which actually dose seem like a good chunk.

Isn’t there still issues with NOA/FSD for those without USS; for the time being?

Last edited:
I know that some of you might consider dropping the orders, each to they own. But I just wanted to drop this here :
1679327834763.png

I know it will take some time until is ready, and I know it is in the states only (and Canada) for the moment. Better or worse than the USS? Time will tell.

Lol well guess what? Update 2022.44.11 includes the new Tesla Vision Park Assist. So everyone that canceled/rejected their cars because of no USS can now get back in line to order.
I would not rush to get back into the que just yet. I was reading of the release version 2022.44.11, I understand that it will only available in North America who owners have purchased FSD, so although I have FSD in the UK it does not appear that I will get it any time soon. I also understand that whilst cars fitted with USS will continue to display accurate distances from objects rear and front, vehicles without USS will have very limited information as the front cameras will not be able to see past the bonnet and it appears if I have understood that there will be a grey area of guess work of 40 inches show as a shaded area from the front bumper to an object such as a wall.

Hope I am wrong as the car with park, park assist, summons and special summons restored would be a great restoration of confidence in Tesla, albeit paid full price for goods that to date have not been delivered.

I'd personally wait until a/ this is available on UK cars and b/ is shown to work at least as well as the USS based systems with both blinded and crud-coated cameras.

Reactions: Rob60
I would not rush to get back into the que just yet. I was reading of the release version 2022.44.11, I understand that it will only available in North America who owners have purchased FSD, so although I have FSD in the UK it does not appear that I will get it any time soon. I also understand that whilst cars fitted with USS will continue to display accurate distances from objects rear and front, vehicles without USS will have very limited information as the front cameras will not be able to see past the bonnet and it appears if I have understood that there will be a grey area of guess work of 40 inches show as a shaded area from the front bumper to an object such as a wall.

Hope I am wrong as the car with park, park assist, summons and special summons restored would be a great restoration of confidence in Tesla, albeit paid full price for goods that to date have not been delivered.
Cancelled my order of a MY LR QS with planned delivery on march 31st because of lack of USS or an at-par solution...
So this one will go into inventory and can make another one happy ;-)

The more I analyse this Tesla Vision, the more it is clear it is in part vaporware...
There's dead angles in front of the car (impossible to fully replace USS), it can't work in conditions with bad visibility (Fog, heavy rain, snowfall, dirty cameras, ...). Aside, you'll have to get out every time to clean the back camera when having driven in rain for example and wanting to park.

Next... Autopilot based on camera input alone can simply not work very well because it has so many restrictions in conditions with bad visibility.
The new Volvo EX platform implements 8 cameras, 16 USS (also on the sides), 5 radars, 1 LiDAR to create a complete vision of the surroundings in about any weather or visibility condition to obtain L2 autonomous driving.

This Tesla Vision (camera only) is simply a cost cutting excercise and has nothing to do with improvement.
Choosing for a European car maker again instead with better finish and customer service.

Of course, these are just my 2 cents...

P.