Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Anyone else considering refusing delivery by of Model Y? (USS)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least for me, when i purchased Jan 23, they said the feature would be available at a later time. Up front with me. I like that better than we dont offer it at all and have to wait until next model year comes out in sept or whatever. This way they can make changes and still keep cars flowing.
RedY23, but did they take your money, or indicated that once the features are available you will be charged the balance? Its Fraud whichever way you look at it and this issue will remain imbedded in buyers for many years to come.

• Disagree
Reactions: DanDi58 and boombap
RedY23, but did they take your money, or indicated that once the features are available you will be charged the balance? Its Fraud whichever way you look at it and this issue will remain imbedded in buyers for many years to come.

So you think Kickstarter projects are fraud as well? You give money for products that are being worked on but there's no promise that you'll definitely receive anything. You can shout "fraud" all you want, but this isn't that. Tesla are very clear at the time of purchase: "The activation and use of these features are dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers as demonstrated by billions of miles of experience, as well as regulatory approval, which may take longer in some jurisdictions. As these self-driving features evolve, your car will be continuously upgraded through over-the-air software updates. Please read the Owner’s Manual for further information."

Reactions: boombap
Please post the article. Just curiously. Thanks.
dvsd, As requested, I feel sorry and embarrassed for the owners picking a £50k plus new car up from a lorry, what an experience,.....WORLD CLASS >

Attachments

• Tesla.1.png
    Tesla.1.png
    229 KB · Views: 77
  • Tesla.3.png
    Tesla.3.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Tesla.2.png
    Tesla.2.png
    265.7 KB · Views: 44
So you think Kickstarter projects are fraud as well? You give money for products that are being worked on but there's no promise that you'll definitely receive anything. You can shout "fraud" all you want, but this isn't that. Tesla are very clear at the time of purchase: "The activation and use of these features are dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers as demonstrated by billions of miles of experience, as well as regulatory approval, which may take longer in some jurisdictions. As these self-driving features evolve, your car will be continuously upgraded through over-the-air software updates. Please read the Owner’s Manual for further information."
EV Meister .......... I agree with you but it was not a kickstart project, I test drove, I was [promised, I ordered, I paid and it was very clear what I was purchasing for my money. The sales team even demonstrated summons for me by pulling a car out of a tight parking space so that I could get into the vehicle with door fully opened, without struggling and twisting on my knee replacements. That for me was the selling point, which sadly has not been delivered. So yes totally let down and in my eyes FRAUD

Having a Model 3 without USS I also find how they did this to be annoying. They are using the Self Driving Computer which has been in Tesla's for a long time so they could have been silently training it (They probably where) and then remove USS and release at the same time. I do wonder if maybe this was their plan but they fell badly behind on development and had already cancelled ordering more USS sensors so they basically missed it all lining up.

I had a Land Rover delivered missing something I ordered and even had different trim and wheels than I specified. Companies will cut or change things to keep their production lines running. I wasn't told until collection day, before that was told everything was fine and getting my exact spec. I had to accept it as I'd have been without a car otherwise and it took a long time for it to be built as it was.

I kind of support Tesla's long term approach here. They fit the FSD computer to all cars regardless of if you pay for it. I've read that it along with cameras add around $2k to the cost of the car which is pretty significant when trying to be competitive. USS along with the cable harnesses for it apparently according to Sandy came to around $150 per car. It makes sense to make these savings if the FSD computer can do the same task.

You can see this in other places. Other EV's fit battery heaters where as Tesla uses the drive motors to generate heat and feed it into the battery. Saving another component.

Cars are moving to being software on Wheels and Tesla is way ahead here. Also due to their constant cutting of components they have better margins. They are in a good place because of this approach even if they annoy us sometimes. I support getting the price down so the less well off in society can also get an EV in the future if they wish.

Having a Model 3 without USS I also find how they did this to be annoying. They are using the Self Driving Computer which has been in Tesla's for a long time so they could have been silently training it (They probably where) and then remove USS and release at the same time. I do wonder if maybe this was their plan but they fell badly behind on development and had already cancelled ordering more USS sensors so they basically missed it all lining up.

I had a Land Rover delivered missing something I ordered and even had different trim and wheels than I specified. Companies will cut or change things to keep their production lines running. I wasn't told until collection day, before that was told everything was fine and getting my exact spec. I had to accept it as I'd have been without a car otherwise and it took a long time for it to be built as it was.

I kind of support Tesla's long term approach here. They fit the FSD computer to all cars regardless of if you pay for it. I've read that it along with cameras add around $2k to the cost of the car which is pretty significant when trying to be competitive. USS along with the cable harnesses for it apparently according to Sandy came to around $150 per car. It makes sense to make these savings if the FSD computer can do the same task.

You can see this in other places. Other EV's fit battery heaters where as Tesla uses the drive motors to generate heat and feed it into the battery. Saving another component.

Cars are moving to being software on Wheels and Tesla is way ahead here. Also due to their constant cutting of components they have better margins. They are in a good place because of this approach even if they annoy us sometimes. I support getting the price down so the less well off in society can also get an EV in the future if they wish.
FastLaneJB, Are they..... Mercedes have now level three in autonomous driving, wakey, wakey Tesla if you want to be in the leaders race. I love the Tesla Y it would meet all my expectations if EAP was delivered in full. But whatever happens its left a very bad taste of poor customer service with Tesla's arrogance take it or leave it attitude, sadly iI will opt for the latter.

They took my money because I gave them the money after I read what the car comes with and does not come with. They didnt charge me for USS and they indicated that park assist not available at this time. Not to mention it was on a $13,000 sale. Plus 7500 rebate. We stole the car from them. Like a bandit. There is nothing out there that can do 0/60 in 3.2 or so sec for this price. Usually more than 100k for that speed. Also it it was me I would charge for the incredible Supercharge Netowrk.. a monthly user fee at least. You get that for free. Again no one else even comes close in that dept.
I declined to pay for Autopilot until the issue is resolved. Legally there was no fraud. Also they didnt list USS as part of my car. Frankly one less part to break.
The forum drives high expectations and anxiety. There are hundreds of posts of how people want USS back and they will return or not take car. So far my cameras working well for park assist even with crappy weather. All just had to wait a little. Post covid people need to be a little more patient.

FastLaneJB, Are they..... Mercedes have now level three in autonomous driving, wakey, wakey Tesla if you want to be in the leaders race. I love the Tesla Y it would meet all my expectations if EAP was delivered in full. But whatever happens its left a very bad taste of poor customer service with Tesla's arrogance take it or leave it attitude, sadly iI will opt for the latter.
Tesla is technically beyond what they system can do even with the old 4 odd year old Autopilot we get in the UK. Yes they force you to touch the steering wheel for legal reasons but it works pretty well most of the time. While yes cannot get it in the UK we know Tesla has advanced a lot in the US.

Of course if I paid for EAP and FSD and didn’t have either I’d be extremely annoyed. I didn’t order either as the Tesla is my wife’s car and she wouldn’t use either of them. She doesn’t even use Autopilot.