Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk specific] Software 2023.32

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes a driver has to indicate an intention to change lanes to ask other drivers to open up space, esp. in heavy traffic. If the car brakes hard, that's a dangerously bad design.

I might not have made it clear that the car was running on Navigate on Autopilot at the time and it might have been braking to get behind the car next to me as there was no room in front.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
I might not have made it clear that the car was running on Navigate on Autopilot at the time and it might have been braking to get behind the car next to me as there was no room in front.
That sounds as expected even on earlier versions. Certainly it will slow to pull in behind a car when initiating a lane change (by indicating) when the lane to change to is blocked and the car is not travelling at fast enough delta to pull in front. I find that behaviour very useful especially when heading toward an off junction. Not sure if it does it when on TACC only though - I don’t think it ever did but have feeling I’ve recently seen it slow when changing lanes - opposite of it speeding up when changing lane.

Screenshot_20231018_092235_Tesla.jpg

👍

Reactions: Whyone
Just returned from a 1400 mile trip to Scotland during which I was updated to 2023.32.6. Wipers still hopeless at dusk and in motorway spray conditions. Headlights still dipping for road signs.

Trip planning to superchargers appears to be broken. I left Perth with system showing arrival at Tebay predicted to be 23%. The nav info rapidly wound down to 9% whilst the energy screen still showed 23% predicted. However the graph showed a leap up in energy some miles before arrival. I wondered if this reflected a potential but unavailable recharge at Abington which is closed. After a few miles my destination changed to Eurocentral where I was able to charge sufficiently to get to Tebay.
I was towing on my northbound trip. The trailer was variously visualised as not being there, a car following very closely, or a truck. The car knows I am towing - why can’t it show some sort of trailer?
I has the same last night. Left Perth with 95% est at Tebay 25% over the next 30 miles the Tebay estimate lost 1% for every 3 miles driven.. ended up being 10% lowest.. then started to climb again I got there with 18% which is what ABRP predicted. I didn't get any rain to speak of, but the dry wiping was terrible.
This was the first long distance run with AP since August and I found the car very jittery .. hunting between the lines for the correct spacing with sudden small changes in direction. Almost every motorway junction with the 2 arrows on the road produced an indecisive brake and jerk to oneside needing to be counteracted. There was one.. I can't remember, somewhere in South Scotland where if I hadn't intervened, I'm sure we would have taken the exit the change in direction was so great.
I'm sure there must be something about those Scottish arrows, thicker or thinner as its almost exclusively in Scotland where I get that problem. Mostly M74 South of Glasgow.
Other than that, not too much phantom braking.. one biggie beside a truck which might have been drifting into our lane and another with a motorcycle going between cars. This was a tiring 550 mile drive, not at all relaxing like they usually are.. this latest iteration is a backward step overall for me although positives were the steering nagging pressure seemed lighter and the lane capture was not as violent.. or perhaps I've got used to positioning the car better? Fingers crossed the next one is soon and fixes the problems.. I'm heading north next week. Currently 32.7.

…. There was one.. I can't remember, somewhere in South Scotland where if I hadn't intervened, I'm sure we would have taken the exit the change in direction was so great.
I'm sure there must be something about those Scottish arrows, thicker or thinner as its almost exclusively in Scotland where I get that problem. Mostly M74 South of Glasgow.
Other than that, not too much phantom braking…
You are not alone! And the exit where it suddenly dives to the left is on that section from M80 to M74

You are not alone! And the exit where it suddenly dives to the left is on that section from M80 to M74
I wondered if the problem with the headlights and signs is that they may be set up for American signs and not recognise the UK ones... also the car doesn't recognise the small white light pattern on the front of trucks above the cab, the 4 pattern or 2 pattern above the cabs, and continually blinds the truck drivers not dipping early enough.

I has the same last night. Left Perth with 95% est at Tebay 25% over the next 30 miles the Tebay estimate lost 1% for every 3 miles driven.. ended up being 10% lowest.. then started to climb again I got there with 18% which is what ABRP predicted. I didn't get any rain to speak of, but the dry wiping was terrible.
This was the first long distance run with AP since August and I found the car very jittery .. hunting between the lines for the correct spacing with sudden small changes in direction. Almost every motorway junction with the 2 arrows on the road produced an indecisive brake and jerk to oneside needing to be counteracted. There was one.. I can't remember, somewhere in South Scotland where if I hadn't intervened, I'm sure we would have taken the exit the change in direction was so great.
Other than that, not too much phantom braking.. one biggie beside a truck which might have been drifting into our lane and another with a motorcycle going between cars. This was a tiring 550 mile drive, not at all relaxing like they usually are.. this latest iteration is a backward step overall for me although positives were the steering nagging pressure seemed lighter and the lane capture was not as violent.. or perhaps I've got used to positioning the car better? Fingers crossed the next one is soon and fixes the problems.. I'm heading north next week. Currently 32.7.

Interesting figures there Chris. We’ve been over in Guernsey with the MX and charged at Tebay on the way north today to 90%. Reached Perth on 26% (via A701 Devils Beef Tub road). That’s with a 100kwh battery. Got the call to download 32.7 in Guernsey but haven’t done it yet so the trip was on 32.6. No issues at all and a very relaxing drive the whole way apart from a bit of traffic delay round the M5/M6 intersection. Most of the journey on AP with no phantom braking, just the occasional slight slowing down when a lorry in the inside lane was wandering around a bit!

Reactions: exlatccatsa