Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK specific] Software Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installing for me now. No mention of auto headlights in the release notes.
Confirm no sign of auto headlights with wipers in settings, but haven't driven yet.

Managed to pair a PS4 wireless controller successfully.

Four-way live camera working in the app.

Other notable change is that the navigation card is back on the right hand side when something is hiding the map, which is good!

Confirm no sign of auto headlights with wipers in settings, but haven't driven yet.

Other notable change is that the navigation card is back on the right hand side when something is hiding the map, which is good!
Any improvement to Spotify UI and on-start connectivity?

I hope that the “auto headlights with wipers“ only applies in countries that mandate it, or it does come with the option to permantly decline that. It is annoying enough to have to reset the lights to off at the beginning of each drive, so that I can make a reasonable judgement as to when they really need to be switched on.

Reactions: ACarneiro
I hope that the “auto headlights with wipers“ only applies in countries that mandate it, or it does come with the option to permantly decline that. It is annoying enough to have to reset the lights to off at the beginning of each drive, so that I can make a reasonable judgement as to when they really need to be switched on.
Surely the issue is lights not coming on when they need to rather than lights being on when you don’t need them?

I can’t say I have ever had issues with the lights not being on at the right times except in heavy rain and fog during daylight hours.

Lights automatically coming on with wipers is a positive and useful improvement (N.B. my auto wipers actually work well 99.9% of the time). I’d suggest it’s a bit of an ask to do fog automatically…

I’ve actually never felt the need to intervene with the auto light setting other than turning the lights on in fog or heavy rain conditions.

Reactions: Mik3LR
You would assume that it would already be implemented in countries where it's mandated

2023.26.1 updated overnight & I've got a 260 mile trip tomorrow.

Wipers were pretty bad last week driving to/from Suffolk but auto headlights have been OK for quite a while so lets see what linking the two will do (if indeed that happens).

2023.26.1 updated overnight & I've got a 260 mile trip tomorrow.

Wipers were pretty bad last week driving to/from Suffolk but auto headlights have been OK for quite a while so lets see what linking the two will do (if indeed that happens).
My wipers have been ok recently even with the showery weather they have responded as I would expect. That's not to say they won't go mental at some point but I'm kind of hoping they may be fixed??? Or at least improved....

Edit: I'm on 2023.20.8

Last edited:
Surely the issue is lights not coming on when they need to rather than lights being on when you don’t need them?

I can’t say I have ever had issues with the lights not being on at the right times except in heavy rain and fog during daylight hours.

Lights automatically coming on with wipers is a positive and useful improvement (N.B. my auto wipers actually work well 99.9% of the time). I’d suggest it’s a bit of an ask to do fog automatically…

I’ve actually never felt the need to intervene with the auto light setting other than turning the lights on in fog or heavy rain conditions.
Could be interesting when it does one of those one off dry wipes. Maybe it'll time it just as your driving past some road with a car waiting to pull out. They'll go because you flashed them and then maybe cause an accident as you aren't aware you are letting them out so don't slow down.

Unlikely but I think in theory this is a sound idea but only when the wipers are turned on when they are really needed, that isn't always the case currently.

My wipers have been ok recently even with the showery weather they have responded as I would expect. That's not to say they won't go mental at some point but I'm kind of hoping they may be fixed??? Or at least improved....

Edit: I'm on 2023.20.8
Last week on the M6 (20.8) on more than one occasion the wipers did not come on with heavy spray and darkening skies (nor did the lights) so I had to use the LH stalk button, exit Autopilot and manually activate the wipers. The lights then came on automatically, as they should.

Looks like 2023.26.1 has started to be pushed out according to Teslafi.

Release notes
I got 2023.26.1 on one of our Y’s. The others weirdly got 2023.20.9 and 2023.20.8 same day. 🤷‍♂️

Tesla app is updated to latest.

However, powerwall is stuck on 23.12.2…seems a few people on Reddit did get 23.12.10 though. I’ve tried forcing the update via installer mode, but no luck so far.

(Im)Patiently waiting!