Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK specific] Software Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s an interesting thought, I haven’t tried pushing the left stalk away while the lights are off.
Pushing the stalk away if Auto high beam is already on turns it off. Push it again (or if Auto high beam is already off) and it turns back on, but also brings up the headlight control on the right split.

Despite this being a workaround, it should not be this way if there’s a design link between wipers and headlights, and if Tesla deem that for some reason the UK law isn’t clear enough then the choice to link the two should be given to the driver via a toggle.

Reactions: Dasher and Mrklaw
I've just completed a 755 mile five day trip on 2023.26.1 with four adults and the car very full of luggage, overall efficiency pretty good at 253Wh/m with a/c on all the time.

Almost all driving on the M6, M5, A417 and numerous other A roads was with (basic) Autopilot without any issues or phantom braking. Wipers & lights were also OK whenever needed.

My Sister-In-Law was impressed with the Tesla, especially the speed of the three SuC stops including free coffee and a friendly greeting at the Winchester SC - the only negative being the hard ride quality over particularly bad road surfaces. Although I basically ignore them, even the vision parking sensors seemed reasonably accurate to the point that my passengers assumed they were sensor based until I explained their usslessness on day three.

It's very easy to focus on the negative aspects of Tesla ownership but on this occasion the reaction of others, unaware of 'our' regular gripes reminded me that there can still be more to like than dislike.

It's very easy to focus on the negative aspects of Tesla ownership but on this occasion the reaction of others, unaware of 'our' regular gripes reminded me that there can still be more to like than dislike.
Judging by the response to @Drew57 it reminded me of this:)

Anyhow welcome home, Elon welcomes you with open hands.

is it just me or does anybody else not have this 2023.26 update? my current and latest software version is 2023.20.9. vehicle is model y 2023.
I follow updates with interest. There are a fairly small number of cars on .26 (perhaps 2K) at present and around 10K on 20.9.
There has been no significant movement on updates for quite a few days, which is unusual.

it may be because that one or other, or both, have broken summon in FSD cars and also caused a rumoured lock/P2D problem, and resolution is being sought.

Reactions: RajG
I have the .26.1 I suspect it was pulled shortly after limited release due to a couple of bugs, hence why the majority is on 20.9 instead.
Haven’t suffered any mishaps personally (so far), except some locale problems in the new Spotify, section headings are in a variety of languages like Swedish or Italian…

I see on Teslafi a 26.3 that might become the widespread release soon.

Only thing I appreciate so far is the BT controller support so I don’t have to have the odd cable coming out of the glovebox
nothing else to report.

Reactions: QuanTim and RajG
I have the .26.1 I suspect it was pulled shortly after limited release due to a couple of bugs, hence why the majority is on 20.9 instead.
Haven’t suffered any mishaps personally (so far), except some locale problems in the new Spotify, section headings are in a variety of languages like Swedish or Italian…

I see on Teslafi a 26.3 that might become the widespread release soon.

Only thing I appreciate so far is the BT controller support so I don’t have to have the odd cable coming out of the glovebox
nothing else to report.
.26 for me is only about the Spotify update. And if that's buggy, then I can certainly wait. I also hear it's not as good an update as first thought but we'll see.

Regarding switching on the Lights. For me it couldn't be easier than "Car Button" > "Light Button" then swipe the menu down, with the swiper being at basically the same spot as the light button. Probably two of the biggest, easiest to hit buttons that take less than one second to do and can be done in one fluid motion.

I think also this is why my app hasn't updated either, I see a few have had an update to theirs (only seen this on IOS though)
And would you believe it, as I write app update has just popped up, I wonder if the car software update will follow.... (on Android btw)

.26 for me is only about the Spotify update. And if that's buggy, then I can certainly wait. I also hear it's not as good an update as first thought but we'll see.
Indeed it's underwhelming, I can barely notice the layout refresh. The only real improvement is when you tap on an artist or album column on a playlist, it will now direct you straight to the Album page or Artist page, like on the app.
Only drawback when you are driving is that you have to be more precise now and tap specifically on the song title you want to play, so further away from us RHD owners..

interesting, as I clearly remember all the stories, on how awesome Tesla are as their OTA software updates changle the car, improves, yada yada.

for last year it was nothing like this at all.
But I've had plenty of small improvements that have added up over time in just the past 9 months of owenership. Plus the native software and UX is still better than most competitors. I do wish they'd document the minor changes more because I'm sure they make plenty of "under the hood" improvements that go unnoticed.

And no, I've not had any issues with wipers, lights, or AP.

I can only really complain about minor things personally.

But I've had plenty of small improvements that have added up over time in just the past 9 months of owenership. Plus the native software and UX is still better than most competitors. I do wish they'd document the minor changes more because I'm sure they make plenty of "under the hood" improvements that go unnoticed.

And no, I've not had any issues with wipers, lights, or AP.

I can only really complain about minor things personally.
Improvements? in last 9 months? which ones, please?!