Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK specific] Software Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR here with 26.1, which arrived fairly early on after release (19th July). I had declined the 20.9 update due to the Sat Nav arrow bug and went straight to this one.

No sign of another update to mine, and I haven’t noticed any particular problems either - although admittedly I haven’t tried looking at the on board manual to see if it’s still set to English.
I’m now on 26.7 as of 8.30 this morning.

Guess I’ve found a bug in 26.6 as I cannot view sentry recordings from the car anymore. The screen is blank and isn’t loading.
Seems to be recording fine still…
Tried a 2 button that didn’t help
Anyone else?

Guess I’ve found a bug in 26.6 as I cannot view sentry recordings from the car anymore. The screen is blank and isn’t loading.
Anyone else?
Presume you mean 26.7

checked one event yesterday and it was ok on all 4 cameras.
A service request should be able to solve it remotely for you

Last edited:
Anyone else?
Pop it in a pc and check. It might just have too many recordings. Found that out when there was a storm and a nearby tree blowing around set it off a few thousand times overnight 😂

Pop it in a pc and check. It might just have too many recordings. Found that out when there was a storm and a nearby tree blowing around set it off a few thousand times overnight 😂
Doesn’t it automatically overwrite? Every drive will inevitably become full over time with “too many recordings” but it’s a bit crap if it just gives up and stops recording new footage. Or if supposedly recorded footage can’t be played back. And if it worked properly (in my experience it’s hit and miss - mostly miss) you wouldn’t have to “pop it into a pc” to check. Lots of people these days don’t even have a PC.

No mine still records fine, I popped it in my PC to check indeed. It's the onboard player that's broken. Bit of a pain when you just want to to a quick review of the footage. Well hopefully .7 fixes that if you guys don't have any issues with it, so I'll just have to be patient.

Sentry recordings gets overwritten when disk is full, oldest first of course, but saved dashcam footage always remains until deleted. So Sentry works with the remaining space of the drive.
So if like me you have the 'on honk' recording enabled, every 6=12 months you have to plug your USB on a computer and delete a good chunk of it or there's no space left for sentry/dashcam and it will stop recording.

Good grief, how often do you honk?😳
Having reviewed the footage it all happens in London where its customary. I suppose, much less in Cheshire 🙃

Since a near miss a couple months ago with a white van running a red light AND giving me the finger, I've decided to now submit the most serious ones to the Met via their online form. ( National Dash Cam Safety Portal for the rest of the UK).
They don't keep you updated, unless it goes to court, but I certainly hope I got a few inconsiderate drivers prosecuted with points through this...

Having reviewed the footage it all happens in London where its customary. I suppose, much less in Cheshire 🙃

Since a near miss a couple months ago with a white van running a red light AND giving me the finger, I've decided to now submit the most serious ones to the Met via their online form. ( National Dash Cam Safety Portal for the rest of the UK).
They don't keep you updated, unless it goes to court, but I certainly hope I got a few inconsiderate drivers prosecuted with points through this...
I didn’t know this was a thing. Will they be interested in one of their colleagues driving round a roundabout whilst drinking coffee? 🤷‍♂️

IMG_8501.jpeg

Doesn’t it automatically overwrite? Every drive will inevitably become full over time with “too many recordings” but it’s a bit crap if it just gives up and stops recording new footage. Or if supposedly recorded footage can’t be played back. And if it worked properly (in my experience it’s hit and miss - mostly miss) you wouldn’t have to “pop it into a pc” to check. Lots of people these days don’t even have a PC.
Yeah it overwrites old ones but if you have a huge drive and lots of sentry motion/honks you’ll eventually just create so many recordings the onboard player can’t handle it. Should still record, it’s just directory/file emulation that is barfing in the player due to the volumes.

• Informative
Reactions: WllXM
Slightly OT but you might wish to know that save on honk might not be beneficial as it attempts to write as you honk. If you need to honk a few times because perhaps someone is backing into you then you may lose the clip recording as it is trying to write.

save on honk might not be beneficial as it attempts to write as you honk

I didn't watch the video, but personally I think Honk is undesirable as my understanding is that that triggers the recording, whereas my preference is to let the incident unfold / complete and then trigger the recording, to capture any aftermath.

I didn't watch the video, but personally I think Honk is undesirable as my understanding is that that triggers the recording, whereas my preference is to let the incident unfold / complete and then trigger the recording, to capture any aftermath.
Exactly this. I have record on honk disabled as I’ve seen examples of people hitting the horn as they’re about to have an impact and this immediately triggers the save, momentarily stopping recording just as the collision occurs. This completely undermines its purpose. It really should have a 10s delay before saving.

That is what the video suggests as her "honk honk honk" meant the incident was not captured at all, and I removed record on honk for that reason.

Noticed this in the last couple of days, sorry if it’s been addressed elsewhere, but… when checking for software updates it would only let me check once in a 24 h period. However, when coming to check today (10th Aug) at several times of the day it wouldn’t check, stating software is up to date as of 9th Aug @ 07:40am. Does anyone know whether the software check delay has been increased even further?

Noticed this in the last couple of days, sorry if it’s been addressed elsewhere, but… when checking for software updates it would only let me check once in a 24 h period. However, when coming to check today (10th Aug) at several times of the day it wouldn’t check, stating software is up to date as of 9th Aug @ 07:40am. Does anyone know whether the software check delay has been increased even further?
Mine is still stuck on last check July 30. Two button reset does nothing either. M3 Dec 2022 with 2023.20.9 software version

Reactions: diddy84