Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates on black MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my black on black on Sat in Dedham MA. There was some minor panels alignment issues but more major paint issues. I did accept delivery because they said the next blacks won’t be coming until Sept. They had a dark grey I could switch to but I like the black better. It will be going back in for paint repairs.

Attachments

• 465F83B0-188F-4129-ABF7-698C0D64F004.jpeg
    465F83B0-188F-4129-ABF7-698C0D64F004.jpeg
    706.6 KB · Views: 79
was supposed to pick up this baby an hour ago. upon inspection, many misalignments, power trunk wasn't working properly..
when i pressed the trunk close button, water leaked out from it lol..
they told me to wait 2hrs for them to fix some things
These are just some more major items. panel gaps, paint imperfections, i know they'll fix it with scheduled appointment
VIN : 125XX

Attachments

• IMG_20200621_110417.jpg
    IMG_20200621_110417.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20200621_110525.jpg
    IMG_20200621_110525.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20200621_110045.jpg
    IMG_20200621_110045.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20200621_110331.jpg
    IMG_20200621_110331.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20200621_105502.jpg
    IMG_20200621_105502.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 64
So last Sunday, I got the text saying my car will be built in the next 7 days meaning either today or Tuesday (if they don't include weekends) which has me excited, BUT, how truthful is that text? I see some people getting updates like this and others not. I guess my big question is, has anyone else got an update like this and if so, did it ACTUALLY happen in the time frame? 3 weeks ago, I did get the text blast saying mine would be ready in 2-4 weeks so things are lining up, but I also know how it's the end of the month and Tesla is trying to match as many as possible with people ready to take delivery.

So last Sunday, I got the text saying my car will be built in the next 7 days meaning either today or Tuesday (if they don't include weekends) which has me excited, BUT, how truthful is that text? I see some people getting updates like this and others not. I guess my big question is, has anyone else got an update like this and if so, did it ACTUALLY happen in the time frame? 3 weeks ago, I did get the text blast saying mine would be ready in 2-4 weeks so things are lining up, but I also know how it's the end of the month and Tesla is trying to match as many as possible with people ready to take delivery.

I wish I had some communication :/ Ordered 1/31/20. Have yet to get any text or correspondence from them. Have tried calling local center and all they say is that people are getting matched quickly.

Hope I hear something soon.

Do you have a VIN assigned yet? I've observed that Teslas are generally delivered within about 1 - 3 weeks after the owner receives the VIN. The variability depends on how soon in the build process the owner discovers or is informed of the VIN, the transportation time from Fremont to the delivery center, and potential rework at the delivery center. In my case, I learned of my VIN in the source code the day it was assigned (car just started production), was officially notified of the VIN a week later, and received delivery near Los Angeles a week after that. Your timing may vary.

Do you have a VIN assigned yet? I've observed that Teslas are generally delivered within about 1 - 3 weeks after the owner receives the VIN. The variability depends on how soon in the build process the owner discovers or is informed of the VIN, the transportation time from Fremont to the delivery center, and potential rework at the delivery center. In my case, I learned of my VIN in the source code the day it was assigned (car just started production), was officially notified of the VIN a week later, and received delivery near Los Angeles a week after that. Your timing may vary.

Still no VIN. I’ve checked source code and nothing there. Located in Ohio.

Still no VIN. I’ve checked source code and nothing there. Located in Ohio.
Without a VIN, unless you get a car that someone else rejected or for some reason decided not to purchase (e.g. financing fell through) I don't think you'll be getting a car within a week. Keep checking for your VIN in the source. I think I was checking twice a day until I got mine so I knew which day a VIN was assigned to my car and confirmed that with a Tesla rep. You could try calling Tesla but they often don't have much info before the VIN is assigned.

Without a VIN, unless you get a car that someone else rejected or for some reason decided not to purchase (e.g. financing fell through) I don't think you'll be getting a car within a week. Keep checking for your VIN in the source. I think I was checking twice a day until I got mine so I knew which day a VIN was assigned to my car and confirmed that with a Tesla rep. You could try calling Tesla but they often don't have much info before the VIN is assigned.

To confirm, I should be checking the source code for something that starts with 5YJ, correct? That's what I've read on everything.

To confirm, I should be checking the source code for something that starts with 5YJ, correct? That's what I've read on everything.
More specifically, 5YJY. 5YJ denotes just the manufacturer, Tesla. The second Y designates the Model Y. Earlier, before my VIN showed up, I got excited and then confused when I found a 5YJX (Model X VIN) in my source code. But then I realized it was just a commented-out place holder in the code.