Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To update - got an email and phone call from the ISA on 4/25/2018. Picking up the car in Fremont on 4/28/2018. Could've chosen tomorrow, 4/27/2018 but I think it would be too tight with my financing funds. So for all of you guys near the factory, the process is really quick once you get your VIN.
When is a good time to get the ball rolling on the financing? I have to sell my current car too (a lease), but not sure when I should sell. I have a dealership giving me a decent price on it. I configured 4/18 and was thinking of selling my car next weekend to get the lease closed out.

When is a good time to get the ball rolling on the financing? I have to sell my current car too (a lease), but not sure when I should sell. I have a dealership giving me a decent price on it. I configured 4/18 and was thinking of selling my car next weekend to get the lease closed out.
Not sure how you can sell your lease unless you buy it from the dealer first? It's always a good idea to get pre-approved first from whoever your lender is. I got the deal from San Francisco federal credit union .99% APR for up to 35 months. Closest to free money I could find.

Can Oregon be considered close to the factory please. Probably a 1 day haul for any decent trucker.

I hope so! I’m an Oregonian as well. 4/6 white/aero configuration waiting for my VIN. I saw a few of these trucks heading up I5 N a few weeks ago which is encouraging.

Attachments

• 8E5B2F9F-F038-429F-9018-BF5937149544.jpeg
    8E5B2F9F-F038-429F-9018-BF5937149544.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: UZJedi
I hope so! I’m an Oregonian as well. 4/6 white/aero configuration waiting for my VIN. I saw a few of these trucks heading up I5 N a few weeks ago which is encouraging.

Awesome. Yeah I might go dig through the spreadsheet and see what the average wait to delivery in OR is after VIN assignment. Based on the charts on here, you should be coming up real soon: http://model3charts.digitaltorque.com/

To update - got an email and phone call from the ISA on 4/25/2018. Picking up the car in Fremont on 4/28/2018. Could've chosen tomorrow, 4/27/2018 but I think it would be too tight with my financing funds. So for all of you guys near the factory, the process is really quick once you get your VIN.

Just got a call as well to schedule delivery, seems like I'm right behind ya in line. We could've scheduled it for tomorrow as well but we're pretty busy so we'll do it Tuesday. Enjoy your Model 3!