Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What features do you disable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of interest, having read myriad suggestions and concerns, I’m curious as to which features you disable, and which you leave on for all driving?

Admittedly Autopilot is rarely a ‘full trip’ tool, but based on issues with random braking, erratic auto steer and confusing sunlight/shadow anomalies have you ever trimmed it right down to near-ICE levels of manual driving, just with the feel good factor of owning a high performance electric?

Yeah the seatbelt alert is way too aggressive. Bong at me if I push the brake or try and put it in gear, not before.

I might run some of the other noises down - don’t know if it’s detailed enough to only turn off when autopilot cancels because I indicated as that’s irritating

I quite often fall back from AP to cruise if I’m changing lanes a fair amount - on a motorway too fast for lane 1 but too little traffic to stay in lane 2. If AP would stay on between manual lane changes I’d be more likely to use it for longer. Getting used to it though

What with the seat belt warnings? Are you saying that on your cars it starts bonging the moment you are in the drivers seat?

Ours it sometimes a bit sluggish to detect the end of a drive/park before it bongs the seatbelt warning, or a bit sensitive to leaning on the centre of the rear seat, but at start of a drive I am not aware that its over sensitive to expecting the seatbelt to be on. Yea, it will bong if you try to move the car without seatbelt on, but I don't see that as being a problem.

As for original question, I've have never enabled summon, Autopilot is turned off on my wifes profile, lane departure avoidance is set to 'rumble' not take evasive action, and I've recently turned off stop sign control after it activated on the motorway - its never been on for the wifes profile.

I was thinking the same. Can't recall it bonging if I'm just sitting in the seat.
Or me. While I do the community paper round, I don’t wear the belt (It’s a private road anyway). Unless I go over 10 or 12mph I don’t get a peep out of it.
in my wife’s Outlander if have gone too fast, it starts and doesn’t stop, even when I exit the car!
my Ioniq was equally as aggressive. My M3 barely bothers to nag.

Or me. While I do the community paper round, I don’t wear the belt (It’s a private road anyway). Unless I go over 10 or 12mph I don’t get a peep out of it.
in my wife’s Outlander if have gone too fast, it starts and doesn’t stop, even when I exit the car!
my Ioniq was equally as aggressive. My M3 barely bothers to nag.
You’re very lucky - my BMW M3 would slam on the brakes if it thought I was driving any distance without my seatbelt on.

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
I would like to be able to set the default lights setting as off. A new journey always sets them at auto even if I’ve switched them off previously. The daylights are always on anyway so there’s rarely a need for dipped lights during the day... yet I often find that the car has decided to switch them on.. maybe a shadow or driving past trees, or a distant cloud!

yet I often find that the car has decided to switch them on.. maybe a shadow or driving past trees, or a distant cloud!
And I find they don’t automatically seem to switch off when back in full bright sunlight.
My wipers (set to auto) seem to have a mind of their own also, they come on when I haven’t seen a drop of moisture for days... grrrrr

Same as the previous two posts. Switching auto lights off before almost every drive is as irritating as the randomness of the trip card.
Interesting thread, but i have not seen this problem. On my Model 3, lights come on in the garage, but auto-off soon after i move out into daylight. I would actually prefer auto-on feature to activate earlier in cloudy weather or in twiight. Perhaps a settable feature.

Interesting thread, but i have not seen this problem. On my Model 3, lights come on in the garage, but auto-off soon after i move out into daylight. I would actually prefer auto-on feature to activate earlier in cloudy weather or in twiight. Perhaps a settable feature.
I had immediate family in Marco Island throughout the 80s & early 90s & spent a lot of time in Florida so trust me when I say that our climate or intensity of sunlight is nothing like yours.

Likewise, Teslas auto lights & wipers are nothing like any other car I've driven.... & not in a good way either.

Reactions: Adopado
It means that (often, 'cos all the little "features" are random) the car is parked in the garage unlocked and I want something from it, I press the pax door handle, that doesn't present but the pax mirror unfolds. The driver's doesn't unfold.

I've tried to reduce as many bing-bongs as possible. The Tesla has to be the bingiest/bongiest car in history. Warning yiu haven't put your seat belt on immediately. Warning yiu have selected cruise control. Reversed Warning, you have turned off cruise control. Warning you are trying to drive through a gap smaller than 7.5 feet. Warning my left camera is blinded, Warning you've steered when I was on autopilot and its confused me TAKE CONTROL IMMEDIATELY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

It means that (often, 'cos all the little "features" are random) the car is parked in the garage unlocked and I want something from it, I press the pax door handle, that doesn't present but the pax mirror unfolds. The driver's doesn't unfold.
sorry for the stupid question, but what does pax mean in this context? The only Pax I am aware of brings back very dark memories of being dragged around everyone's favourite Swedish furniture emporium that nearly ended my marriage!!