Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yacht Floor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's too bad Model S's are such a small market: even if you figure 50,000 of these out there, multiplied by the percentage that would want to modify, it leaves a pretty small market for 3rd parties to sell stuff at a competitive price.

I'm surprised at how much the yacht floor costs for what is presumably a flat insert, but hopes for a cheaper third party option are probably slim.

Teslaaccessories.com, for example, probably needs to charge a premium for their center console insert, but might be put out of business of Tesla's own console comes in at a similar or lower price. It'd be great if teslaaccessories.com makes a yacht floor alternative since they are already sourcing inserts to match the trim and have already made careful engineering measurements of the center console.

I have to admit I'm honestly considering doing this. I don't care anything about a center console, but have also always thought that the black carpet in the middle section is fairly cheap and tacky looking. This yacht floor looks like a really nice replacement that will look far more at home in my ridiculously expensive car. $500 seems like a pittance compared to how much I saved by buying my car three months ago (versus the new options).

I am truly on the fence between the forthcoming center console and the yacht flooring. I am Definately doing one or the other. The carpet has to go. Plus my wife spilled her cafe late on it and it has not been the same ever since ;-). The most useless waste of money either way, but sometimes you just need what you need.

I'm fairly certain the yacht floor won't make any difference to the appearance.
Centre_console_jerry.jpg

I'm starting to think about getting this. But I'm a sucker for Tesla accessories - I bet if the car had originally come with the yacht floor and they just released a new "carpet floor option" for $500, I'd be thinking about getting that!

I'm starting to think about getting this. But I'm a sucker for Tesla accessories - I bet if the car had originally come with the yacht floor and they just released a new "carpet floor option" for $500, I'd be thinking about getting that!

This has to be a prize-winning TMC comment! But sadly I know just what you mean...I was even considering the Yacht Floor as an improved (if invisible) lining under my CCI!

I am truly on the fence between the forthcoming center console and the yacht flooring. I am Definately doing one or the other. The carpet has to go. Plus my wife spilled her cafe late on it and it has not been the same ever since ;-). The most useless waste of money either way, but sometimes you just need what you need.

Speeeling/grammer treasure trove ...

Repeat after me - definitely, no capitalization needed

How late did the wife spill the cafe?

I do believe that the late cafe won't be the same after the wife spilled it ... It'll be much more flat

Big grins