Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: my SC is sending mobile service to do the software update tomorrow. I asked if there was also a hardware update too he said no that it was showing I already had the hardware and only software update was needed. He told me it would be a hour not two like I was told. They told me two hours worst case scenario.

Update: my SC is sending mobile service to do the software update tomorrow. I asked if there was also a hardware update too he said no that it was showing I already had the hardware and only software update was needed. He told me it would be a hour not two like I was told. They told me two hours worst case scenario.
I asked for that too but I was told by the Service Manager at the SC that it would be better if it is "hard connected" or "wired" so I was told to bring the car into the shop. FYI.. ( I am sure it will fine but I am not taking any chances since they told me otherwise..)

I think the 75D owners deserve something like this. I like that the software update makes a much more expensive car faster than the Model 3...even the X was purchased a year ago! Very nice move, Tesla.

For those of us with the 100D, didn’t the speed upgrade in July also knock a half second off our 0-60 time? I wonder if 100Ds will be eligible for the software only speed upgrade too?
Pretty sure 100Ds only got a 1/10 of a second speed boost... Is it even worth asking?

More clarification from Corporate. I don't get the impression that any of the service centers outside of North America have been briefed yet.

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 (clarified Tuesday, October 24, 2017)​
  • This software update is only applicable to 75D (dual motor). The powertrain in RWD 75 Model S before June 19, 2017 was not designed to support the torque and current draw required to deliver the enhanced performance.
  • This update is focused exclusively on 75D. 60D and 70D customers need to pay for the range upgrade to 75D to even be eligible for uncorking as the enhanced performance update.
  • This was a global change, so Service teams in UK and Canada will have access to the same eligible VIN list. We are still rolling out the communication but I expect all teams to be caught up soon.
  • This update is best managed through a hardwired connection in Service…encourage those that want it to follow our recommended process.

Last edited:
Just heard from my SC that I'm not eligible. Do you think they may be looking at the wrong list or am I really not eligible?

I have a 2017 Model X 75D (Feb build). VIN 39XXX.

Looks like they were looking at the wrong list/system. I mentioned "WARP system" since I saw it on another thread and this morning, they confirmed that I am eligible and will be uncorking it for me since they already have my car at the SC.

More clarification from Corporate

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017​
  • This software update is only applicable to 75D (dual motor). The powertrain in RWD 75 Model S and X built before June 19, 2017 was not designed to support the torque and current draw required to deliver the enhanced performance.​
  • This was a global change, so Service teams in UK and Canada will have access to the same eligible VIN list. We are still rolling out the communication but I expect all teams to be caught up soon.​
  • This update is best managed through a hardwired connection in Service…encourage those that want it to follow our recommended process.​
Weird, there is no such thing a RWD Model-X. All X are AWD.

Yeah, I thought maybe my source meant The powertrain in RWD 75 built before June 19, 2017 as well as the powertrain in X built before June 19, 2017 was not designed...

Do we know of Xs with earlier manufacture dates getting uncorked?
I believe @Brandon332 in this thread mentioned his/her is eligible. It's a June 2016 build.

I think it's an oversight the message mentioned RWD X.

To all those that are wondering what criteria Tesla is using to qualify a car for uncorking vs not, I do believe that patience is
required.
When the 75's performance changed overnight on the Tesla website on July 1st, many people including myself called SC's, Fremont and many other customer service reps and started questioning. The difference and disparities with the answers from Tesla employees was almost a joke and completely not consistent.

This new uncorking event is only a few days old and many Tesla reps don't even know what the hell is going on...

Let this whole thing settle a bit and I am pretty sure more accurate answers will emerge as to which cars qualify, and so on.

-Fact- I just dropped off my car to get uncorked and the SA asked me if I had already paid for the upgrade?? When I told her that I thought
this was free when I made the appointment with the Service Manager, she said, "Oh, ok then"
Now imagine if she was the person picking up your call to answer questions you had about uncorking.

Just goes to prove that this whole thing is VERY , VERY new to all.

Hoping everyone is eligible to get Uncorked!