Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any documentation from Tesla that states what "uncorking" actually does? Increased 0-60 time?...I'm sure the uncork procedure was unsuccessful and I plan to bring it back...
Max power and rate of change of power will both change, but are undocumented. How are you measuring 0-60? Call support and ask them to re-push the last software update to your car. Install it and let us know if it still feels sluggish.

Max power and rate of change of power will both change, but are undocumented. How are you measuring 0-60? Call support and ask them to re-push the last software update to your car. Install it and let us know if it still feels sluggish.

PowerTools

Tried calling all day after picking up my car and noticed the lack of improvement. Already stated what their response was. Was promised a call back by a tech and have no heard. Will try to physically stop by and see what comes of it.

There's a thread on about the Tesla API using a browser to get your vehicle state which has a Perf Config setting:

Tesla Owner API Tutorial (All you need is your browser)

My Model X 75D shows: "perf_config": "P3",

P3 supposedly means still corked and it should say P1 if it's uncorked.

Mine still shows P3 as the setting, but I'm scheduled for the uncorking next week so I can check the value after the visit at the local service center. Maybe someone that has theirs uncorked can check their perf_config value to confirm this.

There's a thread on about the Tesla API using a browser to get your vehicle state which has a Perf Config setting:

Mine still shows P3 as the setting, but I'm scheduled for the uncorking next week so I can check the value after the visit at the local service center. Maybe someone that has theirs uncorked can check their perf_config value to confirm this.

I followed the instructions and mine says P3 as well. Guess I'm bringing it back.

Very cool! Thanks for posting this. I watched the video and followed the steps and confirmed that my car had the line:

"perf_config": "P1",

This confirms that my MX was successfully uncorked :)

Tesla Service Center finished my SUV. More info to follow

Hint: check my signature for more info

3F91E654-A06D-4E27-9B91-42BA44789169.jpeg

Last edited:
It says “update configuration variable and vehicle firmware to increase 75D performance “. I hope that’s a typo!
It’s done

It says, “vehicle configuration and firmware updated for 100D performance”

Tesla’s executive escalation team confirmed it was eligible prior to making the appointment.

Also confirmed by text above in post #287

I just want to say this. All I did was ask nicely. I simply said I was wondering if mine qualified. I was disappointed my 100D was less quick than the 75Ds of similar age and if it could be done I’d greatly appreciate it. I got a phone call from a very nice gentleman from Fremont who confirmed it could be done. Then the manager of the service center called me and said he too confirmed it could be done. Exceptionally nice people, phenomenal service. Nothing short of 5 star! Hats off to Tesla I sincerely appreciate their excellent service.

Last edited:
Took it back to SC this morning, and had a nice conversation w/ the tech. I brought in my 0-60 log runs before and after the update (with zero delta), and the API values straight from the Tesla server (he was impressed, kept asking me how I got into the "mothership") showing my perf config as P3. He was still unsure what the problem was, but with the evidence I brought in he was convinced to look into it.

Picked up the car 4 hours later. He basically said, long story short, that I was right. They went through the process again, and now my perf config shows P1, and Vehicle status went from Standard to Uncorked. I did 0-60 log right after and time went down from 6 to 5 seconds. DONE.

Interestingly, he said there are two different uncorks for the 75D. One is the 1.1 second reduction in 0-60 time, and the other is .7 second reduction. I got the 1.1 second, I think it has to do w/ production date.

I can 100% confirm that for a 75D, the perf config should show P1 and vehicle status showing "uncorked," to know for sure uncorking procedure was performed correctly. Good to ask your SC to double check those settings since there seems to be a number of people like me who was not uncorked "correctly" the first time. Big thanks to everyone on the forum sharing all the essential info.

Took it back to SC this morning, and had a nice conversation w/ the tech. I brought in my 0-60 log runs before and after the update (with zero delta), and the API values straight from the Tesla server (he was impressed, kept asking me how I got into the "mothership") showing my perf config as P3. He was still unsure what the problem was, but with the evidence I brought in he was convinced to look into it.

Picked up the car 4 hours later. He basically said, long story short, that I was right. They went through the process again, and now my perf config shows P1, and Vehicle status went from Standard to Uncorked. I did 0-60 log right after and time went down from 6 to 5 seconds. DONE.

Interestingly, he said there are two different uncorks for the 75D. One is the 1.1 second reduction in 0-60 time, and the other is .7 second reduction. I got the 1.1 second, I think it has to do w/ production date.

I can 100% confirm that for a 75D, the perf config should show P1 and vehicle status showing "uncorked," to know for sure uncorking procedure was performed correctly. Good to ask your SC to double check those settings since there seems to be a number of people like me who was not uncorked "correctly" the first time. Big thanks to everyone on the forum sharing all the essential info.
Great info, thanks for sharing. I’m in the same boat as you. Mine was supposedly uncorked this past week, but it doesn’t look like it was done correctly. Will confirm via the Tesla API what my perf config is and bring it in next week during my SC appt. How do I ensure I get the 1.1s uncorking vs the slower one?

Great info, thanks for sharing. I’m in the same boat as you. Mine was supposedly uncorked this past week, but it doesn’t look like it was done correctly. Will confirm via the Tesla API what my perf config is and bring it in next week during my SC appt. How do I ensure I get the 1.1s uncorking vs the slower one?

Good question. I don't think it's an option, but rather based on what your car accepts? May be there is a hardware difference after all between older and newer cars? Mine is a June/2017 build. You can ask your SC and let us know. Good luck!

I copied this picture from another thread on here. This is a screen your tech can see. My tech confirmed that for 75D cars, perf config: p1 and perf add-on: uncorked is the only way to confirm uncorking was successful.
View attachment 256919

Thanks for this, rltsx. I think I can only get the Performance field in TeslaFi.com to show up. The Perf Add On field isn’t exposed in the API, so you definitely need a Tech to check it completely. It’s too bad because if both were available, it could end a lot of confusion about whether a Tesla was corked or uncorked.

I’m curious if some of the techs are just changing the Perf Add On setting and not the Performance parameter thinking it’s completed? Why else would there be numerous reports of the SC saying it was uncorked, when it really hasn’t?

I’m curious if some of the techs are just changing the Perf Add On setting and not the Performance parameter thinking it’s completed? Why else would there be numerous reports of the SC saying it was uncorked, when it really hasn’t?

I suspect there are a lot of steps (including a firmware redeploy once the new settings have been added), and also updating the config with the mothership, that are all likely required for an uncork to be successful and stick.