Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got a little bit more info from the corporate.

Based on your current car's configuration, if you upgrade to the 75D you will be eligible for the uncorking. You will be eligible as soon as you pay for the 75D upgrade, but your service center won't be notified.

If your service center asks you how you knew that you should be eligible after upgrading, you can show them this and let them know it's because Engineering said that the "PT_BMS_ISENSORPROTOCOLNUMBER" has to be greater than 3, and yours is a 5 in CarLogs.

Thank you for your time and loyalty to the company!

Then I asked if Tesla will lower the price for upgrade. Here is the response,

Unfortunately, as of last week Tesla is not planning on lowering this upgrade or matching it to the Model S upgrade price. We have definitely mentioned the price difference to the executive team, but for full transparency, as of now, they are not planning on lowering them.

For those TL/DR, I talked to my local service team today. The service advisor noted that they’ve upgraded at least a dozen 75Ds (mostly inventory).

The failure of the update has to do with the upgrade not finalizing correctly. If done correctly, you’ll get a notification on your phone that the car was updated successfully. Then, of course, the p1 and uncorked will appear in the settings.

They confirmed they needed to hook up a computer to the car and it cannot be done via OTA update. All info that has been reported many times in this thread.

Not all 75Ds are eligible.... however, all 2017 MX 75D are eligible for the upgrade. 90D/100D are not eligible because they’re already configured at the same output. Their 0-60 is roughly the same as the upgraded 75D (417hp).

This is fantastic goodwill on Tesla’s part!

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: pakman00
Cross posting here in case anyone in this thread finds this useful for identifying their car's eligibility or has more info:

Alright, so did a little bit of CAN logging to see if I could find the PT_BMS_iSensorProtocolNumber signal on the powertrain bus.

Looks like it is message ID 532, and the values are static:

Byte Number:
0: PT_BMS_iSensorMajorVersion
1: PT_BMS_iSensorMinorVersion
2: PT_BMS_iSensorProtocolNumber
3: PT_BMS_iSensorReleaseVersion
4-6: PT_BMS_iSensorSerialNumber

Should be possible to read this value from your car using TMSpy or similar CAN logging app and appropriate cable/dongle.

If the above referenced support emails are to be believed, this is the magical component that makes some 75D cars eligible/not eligible for uncorking (a PT_BMS_iSensorProtocolNumber greater than 3 is required for uncorking).

Does anyone know what part this actually is on the car? Perhaps a current sensor somewhere?

• Love
Reactions: scottf200
@DHG., can you send a run log to @Krash so he can add your stats to the chart here:

Upgraded performance Metrics Summary

Thanks!
Sure gotta pry my wife’s X from her maybe this weekend. We were talking about testing it but couldn’t think of a good flat piece of straight asphalt where we can legally go 60. All of our freeway on ramps are up hill. :confused: I’ll figure it out and post it to the link.

For those TL/DR, I talked to my local service team today. The service advisor noted that they’ve upgraded at least a dozen 75Ds (mostly inventory).

The failure of the update has to do with the upgrade not finalizing correctly. If done correctly, you’ll get a notification on your phone that the car was updated successfully. Then, of course, the p1 and uncorked will appear in the settings.

They confirmed they needed to hook up a computer to the car and it cannot be done via OTA update. All info that has been reported many times in this thread.

Not all 75Ds are eligible.... however, all 2017 MX 75D are eligible for the upgrade. 90D/100D are not eligible because they’re already configured at the same output. Their 0-60 is roughly the same as the upgraded 75D (417hp).

This is fantastic goodwill on Tesla’s part!

The eligibility is what I heard as well, but I find it odd. I saw someone on the forums post a 2016 8XXX vin that was uncorked. I wonder how far back you'd have to go to get a different hardware version that isn't uncorkable.

The Service Center called me yesterday and asked if I wanted it done while it was down there. I had no idea it was even available, but my response was “hell yes!”. Can’t wait to get it back! Took delivery in October of last year, btw.

Sent X100D logs to @Krash came back showing 410kw of power far in excess of its previous uncorking. 0-60 remains unchanged Service Center working on why. Will update when I know more.

Same situation as DHG and same result from Krash (who is awesome for doing this by the way - MASSIVE KUDOS for the efforts on behalf of all 75D and 100D owners!). And props to DHG who was the one who uncovered the 100D capability for uncorking!

I’m going back into the SC on Wednesday to see if they can figure it out. The kw and overall hp seem right (above 400 and 600 respectively), but the 0-60 speed isn’t any faster. Maybe the equivalent of what some 75D members above reported where the Performance is at “P1” but Perf Add In is still in “Uncorked” state? It would be weird because my X was in P1 state before uncorking, as I think most 100Ds are.

More to come but thanks for the great members on this forum for helping so many of us! What a great community.

Hi All. Thanks for the helpful contributions here.

My X100D, which is non-P (some people conflate the P and non-P models) had a protocol number of 5. It was built and delivered in March 2017. I got the uncorking done and didn't notice any improvement in 0-60. However, I hand-timed my runs so it's possible that any improvement is under the limit of my timing sensitivity. My corked range was 0.2s across 4 runs (4.93-5.10), so I'd expect to be able to detect a 0.4s improvement. However, I already averaged 5.0s (+/-0.1s) when my specs would have predicted 5.2s, so maybe I'm not seeing a difference from 5.0 to 4,8. I'm pretty good with a stopwatch, but I can't be sure I'm not affected by any incline, state of charge, wind, or other variables. Anyway, I was hoping I would go from 5.2 to 4.7, but seemingly no luck.

Still, been a lot of fun trying. Sorry, neighbors!

• Love
Reactions: scottf200