Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.32 9ea02cb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, Tesla service confirmed this update breaks 4G Slacker. You will get nothing but failure to load for songs. Wifi works.

Hmmm, I believe my slacker worked fine on the LTE only when I had this version. Of course I only had it for four days until I was upgraded to 17.32.6ca28227

I also received another update notification on Friday while my car was at the SC, so I assume the next version is already queued up.

Not having received any of these updates, I'm wondering if they have decided not to push it to the whole fleet, but just debug the update with a subset of the fleet. Seems some have gotten multiple updates now, I haven't seen any. That tells me that some of you are on the guinea pig list (which perhaps is random?).

I guess I should be happy. (But I always want it *now*! ;-) )

Not having received any of these updates, I'm wondering if they have decided not to push it to the whole fleet, but just debug the update with a subset of the fleet. Seems some have gotten multiple updates now, I haven't seen any. That tells me that some of you are on the guinea pig list (which perhaps is random?).

Have you tried rebooting your big screen and instrument cluster computers from the steering wheel. I've noticed it speeding things up sometimes. Also swapping to 3G or to Wi-fi has seemed to help at times.

Usually, those who have gotten one update in the series will get the next set of updates too. Indeed, as you mentioned, most likely they are guinea pigging with the ones who won the upgrade lottery, and the rest of us will get the update eventually (or a newer version thereof).

Don't feel bad though -- TeslaFi still has 40% of the AP2 fleet on 2017.28 (the original). So you're not alone if you haven't gotten the update yet.

Usually, those who have gotten one update in the series will get the next set of updates too. Indeed, as you mentioned, most likely they are guinea pigging with the ones who won the upgrade lottery, and the rest of us will get the update eventually (or a newer version thereof).

Don't feel bad though -- TeslaFi still has 40% of the AP2 fleet on 2017.28 (the original). So you're not alone if you haven't gotten the update yet.
According to this article ( Tesla finally unleashes full power of Ludicrous performance cars after customer complaints ), the rest of the fleet should be getting 2017.32 by the end of the week. That said, this may only pertain to those with the P90DL cars with V2 & V3 batteries. It's all in your interpretation....

Depends how you interpret 17.32. :) As the family or the release? With the new numbering, it appears there's a 'primary' release for a week, and then they release others 'off' that week's branch. We believe this fix is really in 17.32.6 (omitting all the 7 character hash codes at the end, since they don't mean anything). The original 17.32 (and forget the 20, we know what century we are in.. :) ) seems to have finished rolling out, 17.32.6 was going full speed as a result of the court case that sparked the software fix for this 'full power' issue.

And now, that release is tailing off and we are starting to get (slowly) 17.32.17. No info so far (I don't think anyone has reported release notes?) as to what is in it.

You maybe can assume anything 17.32.6 and later has the performance fix for the P90D cars. (And, yes, do you need L also? I've lost track when L became standard...)

upload_2017-8-28_16-5-25.png

I received "2017.32 9ea02cb" . back on August 17th. I connect to Wi-Fi daily, but never received the others from 17.32. The performance fix only applies to cars with Ludicrous. Ludicrous was never standard on the P90D (that became standard with the P100D). I'm guessing I didn't get pushed 17.32.6 because I have a V1 battery, and the fix only applies to V2 & V3 batteries (us V1 guys could never output more than 1500A).

Reactions: boaterva
On my AP1 90D model S, I am seeing an improvement in Autopilot with 2017.32 over 2017.28. Less sudden jerks on the highway and more like it was prior to the 2017 software releases.

2017.32 also seems to be slightly improved in "seeing the lane" when approaching the peak of a hill on a highway, which has always been a problem. So perhaps the AP engineering team is back on track with incremental improvements.

Still seems like the update rollout is paused…. I'm still on 2017.28, TeslaFi showing 40.6% of AP2 on 2017.28, but only 3.3% of the AP1 fleet.

Would suspect that they're doing some sort of AP2-related bugfix.
You could assume they were rolling out the 'P90D' fix to all of them, and found something for everyone else they had to fix, but recently, NO release has had a widespread/general release. It's really weird.

Only one before 17.32.6 (the P90D fix) to hit 'a lot' of cars was your 17.28 and then back to 17.26.76.... (Even if we call all the subbranches in the new naming scheme one release, still doesn't add up to much (meaning 17.32 and 17.32.6 and 17.32.....). The 17.28.x branche does add up to the 600 or so...

There are 1400 cars on ev-fw.... unless some aren't getting updates and 650 or so is a full population now, this is very strange...

upload_2017-8-28_18-7-35.png

Reactions: chillaban
@boonedocks By the way, I called in about the ping-ponging I was having on this build and, after discussing with the main service line and the service center, they had me try doing a full restart(going into controls and hitting the "power off" button, letting the car be off for 2 minutes, and then hitting the brake to turn it back on). After that, I also received an OTA update to 2017.32.6 ca28227(unfortunately, I applied before being able to try AS again, so I can't disentangle which had the effect) and, after that my issues with AS are solved. If I pay really close attention, I can feel a slight motion left and right in the lane, but it's not enough to bother me at all(and my wife and daughter slept comfortably for ~1 1/2 hours with AS going the whole way, 0 disengagements).

If I had to guess, I'd say the restart fixed it, so might be worth a try if you're still having issues.

Reactions: boonedocks
@boonedocks By the way, I called in about the ping-ponging I was having on this build and, after discussing with the main service line and the service center, they had me try doing a full restart(going into controls and hitting the "power off" button, letting the car be off for 2 minutes, and then hitting the brake to turn it back on). After that, I also received an OTA update to 2017.32.6 ca28227(unfortunately, I applied before being able to try AS again, so I can't disentangle which had the effect) and, after that my issues with AS are solved. If I pay really close attention, I can feel a slight motion left and right in the lane, but it's not enough to bother me at all(and my wife and daughter slept comfortably for ~1 1/2 hours with AS going the whole way, 0 disengagements).

If I had to guess, I'd say the restart fixed it, so might be worth a try if you're still having issues.

I will absolutely try that. Have done numerous standard resets as of late but no “power off” resets.

Btw still on 17.28 as well.

I will absolutely try that. Have done numerous standard resets as of late but no “power off” resets.

Btw still on 17.28 as well.

FWIW: according to the service tech I was talking to, the standard reset just resets the CID; it won't have any impact on autopilot systems. Not sure how accurate that is(perhaps @verygreen or someone can comment)

FWIW: according to the service tech I was talking to, the standard reset just resets the CID; it won't have any impact on autopilot systems. Not sure how accurate that is(perhaps @verygreen or someone can comment)

That's accurate, it's been discussed before. If you're attentive (and not dying of heat stroke attempting to Power Off the car), you'll hear some fans near the glovebox spin loudly about 2 minutes after you hit Power Off. That's actually when the AP2 ECU shuts off.