Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's happening:

(BTW I really like the recently improved camera video displays! They're easier to see what's happening and have less distraction from the side repeater turn signal lights. Looking forward to seeing the red "blind spot warning" added.)

It's happening;

IMG_0106.png

'Tis the week before Christmas, and all through the net,
Tesla owners are checking - Car updated yet?

Little patience have we, yet long is our wait
For features long promised, but such is our fate.
Yes Two Weeks have passed - again and again,
But fixes are coming, I'm sure by year end!

Now the rollout has started, online is the cry,
Release notes to read as I watch TeslaFi.
My network is humming and charging complete,
I think, surely next is my turn in the fleet!

The wife rolls her eyes and finally snaps,
Clear the dishes right now and stop checking that app!
I tell her how crucial these are, the improvements I share,
She nods as I speak, but little she cares.

On Parking! On Light-Show! Alt-Routing, Lane-Change!
Dashcam and Pillar, Goat screaming and Games!
So I run to the Forum, to seek friendship there,
Downloads to track and excitement to share!

But find little online, in page after page,
Dry-wipes and phantoms, and Recall outrage.
No matter to me, I'm determined to love
This Holiday Update - or a bug-fix thereof...

Awaiting the update I bid you good cheer,
Safe driving for Christmas, v12 soon next year!
Good fortune for TSLA, we'll talk more online,
May your download come soon (but no sooner than mine).

Last edited:
I've gotten where I dread updates because, while they may provide a new feature or fix something that I want fixed, they inevitably break something else. For example, I used my iPhone as a key flawlessly for a couple of years and then in 2020 got an update that made the iPhone key functionality almost useless. Took 8 months for them to fix it. In another instance, I got an update a couple of months ago that was supposed to have Spotify usability updates, but now I have to logout and log back on (or hard reboot the whole system) every time I get into my Model 3 if I want to listen to Spotify on the drive. For some drives, by the time I've done everything to be able to listen to Spotify, the drive is over. So I do a lot of drives now in silence (Spotify is my sole music service).

Everybody wants to convince us that being able to update the software OTA is such a great feature, but it certainly has its drawbacks. I drove my Acura MDX for 9 years before getting my Tesla and the features on the MDX worked perfectly the day I drove it off the lot until the day I gave it to my daughter. I think the capability of OTA updates provides the hope of new features to consumers, but it also causes Tesla developers to be lazy and release untested and buggy software.

'Tis the week before Christmas, and all through the net,
Tesla owners are checking - Car updated yet?

Little patience have we, yet long is our wait
For features long promised, but such is our fate.
Yes Two Weeks have passed - again and again,
But fixes are coming, I'm sure by year end!

Now the rollout has started, online is the cry,
Release notes to read as I watch TeslaFi.
My network is humming and charging complete,
I think, surely next is my turn in the fleet!

The wife rolls her eyes and finally snaps,
Clear the dishes right now and stop checking that app!
I tell her how crucial these are, the improvements I share,
She nods as I speak, but little she cares.

On Parking! On Light-Show! Alt-Routing, Lane-Change!
Dashcam and Pillar, Goat screaming and Games!
So I run to the Forum, to seek friendship there,
Downloads to track and excitement to share!

But find little online, in page after page,
Dry-wipes and phantoms, and Recall outrage.
No matter to me, I'm determined to love
This Holiday Update - or a bug-fix thereof...

Awaiting the update I bid you good cheer,
Safe driving for Christmas, v12 soon next year!
Good fortune for TSLA, we'll talk more online,
May your download come soon (but no sooner than mine).
So nice!

I appreciate a well crafted poem and good humor all the more now that ChatGPT and Bard can whip up lousy ones.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
I've gotten where I dread updates because, while they may provide a new feature or fix something that I want fixed, they inevitably break something else. For example, I used my iPhone as a key flawlessly for a couple of years and then in 2020 got an update that made the iPhone key functionality almost useless. Took 8 months for them to fix it. In another instance, I got an update a couple of months ago that was supposed to have Spotify usability updates, but now I have to logout and log back on (or hard reboot the whole system) every time I get into my Model 3 if I want to listen to Spotify on the drive. For some drives, by the time I've done everything to be able to listen to Spotify, the drive is over. So I do a lot of drives now in silence (Spotify is my sole music service).

Everybody wants to convince us that being able to update the software OTA is such a great feature, but it certainly has its drawbacks. I drove my Acura MDX for 9 years before getting my Tesla and the features on the MDX worked perfectly the day I drove it off the lot until the day I gave it to my daughter. I think the capability of OTA updates provides the hope of new features to consumers, but it also causes Tesla developers to be lazy and release untested and buggy software.
Biggest problem I'd have with OTA updates is that it enables risk-taking and pushing out unfinished products where manufacturers are treating cars like videogames, push it out the door to get revenue $$$ at the front end and then spend two years patching until things actually work the way they should have when the car was first delivered.

Though it's nice to think it would be nothing but beneficial for consumers

Apparently according to Teslascope, the update hasn't gone out to refresh S/X yet, still waiting here.
I CAN'T wait for the new map emojies stickers icons!! Maybe they'll add a tombstone one for when my car drives into the wrong "turn" lane and kills me!!

PS: Still waiting for wipers that work in rain and stop waving at the sun.

Apparently according to Teslascope, the update hasn't gone out to refresh S/X yet, still waiting here.
Any other uss x owner a scared hamster thinking they will disable our automatic doors when we get the new park assist feature?

I'm just saying, it's been missing in ussless x's and we've heard crickets about this feature returning. Unlike literally every other feature they remove.

Reactions: Cooker