Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost option for Model Y available?

Would you buy the acceleration boost upgrade for your LR Model Y?

• Heck yeah! $2000 is fair, compared to $8000.

• Oh no, it's already plenty fast

• Yes, but only if they lowered the price to $1000 or less.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plus your lazy ass can do this upgrade from the couch instead of going to a shop and waiting for the installation.

Yes. The next consumer resistance hurdle Tesla needs to clear is two click Apple Pay for the purchase. Two clicks? What's the purpose of the second click? This egregious error in UI design thatTesla has introduce to the car upgrade experience needs to be rectified immediately.

Just like any vehicle, the harder you hit the pedal, the harder the hit to range. Otherwise, if you drive the same, you’ll have the same range.

if you’re that concerned about a few miles of range for whatever reason, this isn’t for you. It’s about fun factor. For the price, it can’t be beat.
Is there some data showing that driving the same with this upgrade would give you

• Disagree
Reactions: dale_cooper
It has zero impact on range if you drive the same. Nothing is mechanically or electrically different except the amount of peak power the motors are set to produce. Zero change in efficiency until you mash the gas pedal.

Exactly, if you acelerate at the same rate, you will use the same energy. But that may require being a little softer on the peddle...

Agree, me and my wife both prefer to drive on sport mode because we enjoy the pedal response but we dont race it all the time. Noticed that range is unchanged when compared to chill mode.

no, i doubt it. they never had a discount for model 3 boost. i am waiting to see what ingenext can do for the Y before deciding to go with them or just do the upgrade with tesla.
With Ingenext you are risking your money, unless you never want an upgrade or supercharging. Tesla has been deactivating Ingenext Modules with updates.

The problem of having another companies software on a car that is so closely connected through updates, operational reports back to Tesla, Supercharging etc., these software modifications could cause an issue within the Tesla System.

Thanks for this guidance! I just set all of that up...kinda convoluted...but I understand, since I can't add PayPal directly to my Tesla account.

Now I just need to decide this weekend whether I want both the acceleration boost upgrade and EAP, or just the boost :) Would get $300 cash back when purchasing both.

Just remember its only for the first $1500... still cool though.

Yes how are you getting $300 cash back? Discover caps it at the first $1500, but both the acceleration boost and EAP are $6000 - the maximum cash back you can get is $75.

Stop, please. You've literally posted this comment, said in a different way, at least 5 times in various threads. What are you not understanding? Personally - the upgrade isn't for you. Move along and stop posting the same thing.
Lol
Why would you want your actual range to stay the same if you buy this? Buy it to use it- I know I can put it in chill and find a route that gets me above 300miles- but that’s not what this is about
I’m having a blast with mine

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeHolliday
Lol
Why would you want your actual range to stay the same if you buy this? Buy it to use it- I know I can put it in chill and find a route that gets me above 300miles- but that’s not what this is about
I’m having a blast with mine
Now you're just making me jealous.... :( I keep looking for more posts with new 0-60's before I pull the trigger, trying to be patient and practical but I expect the "what the hell" side will win out soon.... :)

• Funny
Reactions: Mansley