Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heard from an SA that shanghai can produce all Aus allocations of model 3 in 9 hours of production.. and we are still waiting
Capacity of the Model 3 production line is around 2600 per day. Just shy of 4500 were delivered in Australia in Q1 and missed a bunch of orders. So 2 days of production isn't enough to fulfil the late orders. A full week of production would be a good start.

Reactions: trippa and rtvanda
Not too sure sorry. Just know that a guy in another group ordered 2, one in the morning and one in evening and they were a little over 9000 apart. I checked my order number with one placed 2 minutes earlier and there were 82 orders in that 2 minute period.
The order in between may not just for Australia. It may consist of orders from Japan and NZ. We may share the production batches with them as all RHS drive

Even if installed, Was it actually using the radar anymore though?
Tesla has revealed it has now transitioned both Model 3 and Model Y vehicles that are built from June 2022 for the Australian and New Zealand markets to its camera-based Tesla Vision.

Polestar ordering process doesn’t always go smoothly if this is anything to go by.
Honestly? 19 days is pretty much nothing compared to this here predicament. Plus several people below it stated that they had a fine experience. Could easily have been that this dude screwed up, never got his paperwork in order and pinned it on Polestar. And even when i bought my last car there were delivery issues once the car arrived. Same for the one before it with Ford. But at least the car was here and had even been built by the specified time. I.e. delivery was actually happening during the delivery window, albeit fraught. I would love if my current issue involved my Tesla being IN Australia.

That all said, my preference is still a Tesla but it's about how much abuse one can take before losing faith in the cult leader.

Reactions: rtvanda
Tesla has revealed it has now transitioned both Model 3 and Model Y vehicles that are built from June 2022 for the Australian and New Zealand markets to its camera-based Tesla Vision.

Would be interesting to see if the reassigned demo cars being delivered in the next couple of weeks have Tesla vision.

If they do, it's 100% Polestar time for me. Aint getting dragged into the whole sunk investment cult mentality.

I am actually turning it over in my mind currently. The earlier i order, the earlier I get a Polestar and can forget this dumpster fire of a delivery process.
I looked at the Atto 3 instead of a Tesla and when I saw the max charging rate of 80 kw I quickly passed. So what I am saying is check out everything and make sure it suits you. Also consider how you will charge the car, the charging network etc.

Last edited: