Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's like how 50% of people posting in here will create a thread about "real world range" thread with concerns about their battery 2 days after driving it. Just ignore the EDD, and put your car to % asap.
The problem with this is that the EDD is more than just a date when you hope you get your new car. There are many folks who have other things that depend on it (financing, old car sale, etc.). I sold my old car on 5/1, mainly because the registration was expiring. But I'm lucky because we have another car that we can share and I'm still WFH. Not everyone is in that same boat. Also, the idea of ordering a car and waiting for it is mostly a new thing for people. I've bought 7 new cars in my lifetime and it's always been "find one on the lot, purchase it, and drive it off the lot that same day."

View attachment 674417
Hello darkness my old friend / wake me up when September ends.

:mad: End of June dates, then Sept, then July 5-25, then Sept. They should give a $100 gift card to people as appreciation.

🔮

Hey Dublin - Walnut Creek - Vallejo peeps... Any (recent) suggestions with experience for TINTING and/or PPF in the area with pricing .

Reactions: fender4645
:mad: End of June dates, then Sept, then July 5-25, then Sept. They should give a $100 gift card to people as appreciation.

🔮

Hey Dublin - Walnut Creek - Vallejo peeps... Any (recent) suggestions with experience for TINTING and/or PPF in the area with pricing .

I've never tinted or PPF'd a car before but I may be interested if someone finds a good deal in the area.

EDD has been holding fairly steady, last couple weeks in June. Last weekend, went to July, then back to June, earlier this week got the September EDD, next day back to June, now got EDD September once again. Other than sharing these EDD's, I just don't what to make about them.

Nope, no shift. Same as you -- June 17-30. My SA told me Monday that it was scheduled to finish building on the 19th so right now that's what I'm anticipating. Hopefully we're both in the same boat.
Mid-April order, also stayed at June 17 - 30 today. First time I’ve been inside the EDD window! Let’s hope the SA-who-must-not-be-named is right and our cars come off the line this Saturday. 🤞

Ordered 5/27, completed profile on 5/28
Sacramento
MYLR, White/Black, 7 Seats, Gemini, No tow, FSD

EDD:
5/28 - 3-13 weeks
6/4 - July 24 - Aug 13
6/8 - July 8 - 28
6/9 - July 22 - Aug 11
6/10 - July 8 - 28
6/11 - June 18 - 30
6/12 - June 14 - 30
6/13 - June 15 - 30
6/14 - June 16 - 30
6/15 - June 16 - 30
6/16 - June 18 - 30
6/17 - June 18 - 30

Assuming tomorrow it will move forward two days to June 20-30 since that's the latest pattern. We'll see. 🙄

Reactions: Greg007
Same here. Since I need a car by Aug, I've been looking at e-tron as an alternative.

We missed the boat on e-tron's when they were going for ridiculous deals in March/April. Now inventory sucks and even the most aggressive dealers are not able to take much off MSRP.

I looked very seriously at the e-tron, and if it was March I would have probably gotten one. Great interior, the range difference seems huge but unlike Tesla, Audi's real world range is much closer to it's EPA range. Charging is very nice and aggressive right up to 80% SOC. If you're in an area with decent Charging infrastructure with Electrify America it's not bad. Though EA chargers are notoriously flaky, you can usually find one that works.

Same issue for me. Two weeks ago my window was June 13 - 30, then June 14 - 30, then June 15 - 30....whammo September! Then yesterday it went back to July 04 - 30....then today back to September...ugh. Not getting any replies from SA either. My order date was May 16.