Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone have any good insurance recs in California? my existing policy is way expensive ($300+/mo). Tesla actually came in pretty reasonably (~$190/mo).
If you have Costco membership, go through them. Has been consistently the cheapest for my vehicles and very good service.

Pretty much this. I checked with multiple insurance companies and they're all within a few bucks of each other when you have same coverage amounts specified, even Tesla's insurance.

The insurance company that Costco uses (Connect) had the lowest rate quote by quite a bit, about 2/3 the cost of what everyone else was quoting me. Of course this may differ for others and also where you live, but if you're a member then it's definitely worth checking out.

My SA suggested me a Demo car with 300miles, $2000 higher in price, almost same config but adding tow hitch, I honestly don't know if I should wait or just take it. Because the estimated delivery when I set up the order was mid-late June per SA.
Ask your SA if you have a current build estimate. If he says he doesn't know then he's lying or doesn't know how to pull it and you should speak with the manager. While it's not set in stone, it would at least tell you if you're currently on track to receive by the end of this month.

Reactions: EvilGeniusWD
Ask your SA if you have a current build estimate. If he says he doesn't know then he's lying or doesn't know how to pull it and you should speak with the manager. While it's not set in stone, it would at least tell you if you're currently on track to receive by the end of this month.
Second this- even though I can't see a good date on my end (have a weeks range), the SA was able to say it looked like June XX when I'd get a VIN. She even punted the delivery day for the inventory vehicle I reserved as back up out another 3 days to give me the maximum time I could get to wait for the new vehicle. I think the SA's are exhausted right now, mine is great but I could tell she wishes she could just get things done quickly and move customers off her plate. Take whatever they say with that in mind, could be your SA just wants to be done with your order.

We missed the boat on e-tron's when they were going for ridiculous deals in March/April. Now inventory sucks and even the most aggressive dealers are not able to take much off MSRP.

I looked very seriously at the e-tron, and if it was March I would have probably gotten one. Great interior, the range difference seems huge but unlike Tesla, Audi's real world range is much closer to it's EPA range. Charging is very nice and aggressive right up to 80% SOC. If you're in an area with decent Charging infrastructure with Electrify America it's not bad. Though EA chargers are notoriously flaky, you can usually find one that works.
I almost pulled the trigger on an E-Tron a few months ago when Audi was blowing them out.

I eventually decided to get the MYP. But my neighbor got a crazy lease deal on the E-Tron. $500/mo, no money down, 12k miles per year on a $74k MSRP build. Too bad those deals are long gone.

Reactions: E-ProjexFinest
I also decided to be pesky and emailed the SC to check if my build date was today, as I was told earlier. Probably not....
Would recommend just calling them. My emails/texts have been unanswered thus far.

I called today to ask about my MYP 5/White/White/No FSD/No Tow and the representative mentioned he sees my model getting out of the factory by June 22nd. My EDD has been jumping around too but now steady at June 17-30. He mentioned I would have to go to Corte Madera but I ordered out of the Van Ness SF office. Hoping I dont have to Uber all the way out there.

I was in the area and did a quick drive-by of my SC. Saw a few matching configs behind the fence. I joked to my kids about the flatbed in front of me being on his way to pick up my car for delivery. He stopped in the road and sure enough said TESLA on the cab. He was picking something up..

Reactions: DJ99
Would recommend just calling them. My emails/texts have been unanswered thus far.

I called today to ask about my MYP 5/White/White/No FSD/No Tow and the representative mentioned he sees my model getting out of the factory by June 22nd. My EDD has been jumping around too but now steady at June 17-30. He mentioned I would have to go to Corte Madera but I ordered out of the Van Ness SF office. Hoping I dont have to Uber all the way out there.
They got back with me. Looks like I’m supposed to get my VIN in a couple of days.

My SA suggested me a Demo car with 300miles, $2000 higher in price, almost same config but adding tow hitch, I honestly don't know if I should wait or just take it. Because the estimated delivery when I set up the order was mid-late June per SA.

Maybe I'm not seeing the deal here, but your SA is offering you a demo car with 300 miles on it (it's been used) and at higher price of $2000 more than your current order? Even if it come with the tow hitch, that's only a $1000 upgrade.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you would have to pay an extra $1000 and get a demo (used IMO) car with miles on it if you want your car now, rather than waiting a few weeks or a couple of months for your new order built to your spec. Unless you absolutely need the car now, I'd wait.

Holy cow! We pay $1500/year for our 2020 Yukon Denali and that's an $80k+ car.
Yeah I was shocked. She said it's because Tesla parts are unique, and easier for Tesla direct insurance.. That's with multi car & multi policy. If I go with Tesla insurance I'll lose the multi car but it is still cheaper. Still getting additional quotes. I'm such a creature of habit, and I've been at AAA forever.