Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of you getting deliveries to Fresno LISTEN UP! Just drove by the Tesla center here to scope out any cars and there are a bunch! Heard an earlier report on here of a truck heading to the 99 from Los Banos loaded with Y's today so I had to check it out. We actually caught a truck (presumably the one seen near Los Banos) unloading Y's! I THINK I saw my Black Betty but it was a decent mix of different models and colors.

I think this confirmed for me that we will be getting our VIN once they're delivered to the centers not off the assemble line.

Sorry for the bad photos we looked sketchy in our creeper van and my spouse doesn't know how to take photos under pressure.

Let's hope for a VIN filled weekend ahead.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210625-224507.jpg
    Screenshot_20210625-224507.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20210625-224454.jpg
    Screenshot_20210625-224454.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Jryan3
Finally, got a VIN 11:50pm last night!! Got an email notification. Ordered 5/1, MYLR, Red/Black, 19", 5 seater, no tow, fsd, third party financing. Now, I am trying to get FSD removed. Hoping the new price will not kick in.
Got my car delivered home on 6/23. Thought I will give an update in case it is helpful to others.

Financing: I went with DCU financing at 1.24% for 65 months. I initially thought of getting a rate match through Tesla but DCU covered the entire amount including the sales tax and I liked their customer service quite a bit (one needs to hold on the phone for a long time though). I had a very short amount of time to get the finance arranged and DCU moved very quickly. I had a pre-approval from DCU from end of May but they needed MVPA to make progress.

I got the MVPA on 6/22 and uploaded it to DCU. I called them as soon as I uploaded it and they said it takes 24hrs for docusign link. They called me next day (6/23) that the MVPA had the total amount mentioned in downpayment line (line 5G in MVPA) instead of financed line (line 5D). Note you also need to have Tesla mention DCU in line 5D. DCU folks gave me some time to get that fixed but mentioned I need to get it to them by 1pm ET because last of their checks go out by 3:30 ET everyday. Got that fixed through Tesla within minutes - I found that calling the delivery center/department of local SC gets things done much faster than the general customer service number. I got a callback from DCU at the exact time they said and everything was approved and processed within an hour from that. Tesla needs the scan of the check and the tracking number to release the vehicle. DCU knows this process and they got that out to me as soon as the new MVPA was uploaded.

Delivery experience: My original delivery was scheduled for 6/24 but they called and asked if I want to take it earlier. So, we pushed it up to 6/23. Once I got the scanned check and fedex tracking number on 6/23, I had to send it to [email protected] and [email protected]. They proceeded with the delivery. They were very responsive and accommodative. The driver called me when he was close and delivered the vehicle. I had to accept the delivery on my account for the car to show up and for me to unlock the car. They left the keycard and registration documents in the car which I had to fedex after signing (they provide all the fedex tracking). Process was quite straightforward and simple.

Actual car condition: The car was in a great shape in general. Super clean. I think since it was a home delivery, the autopilot calibrated during the drive to my place. There were a few issues with the car. Most noticeable ones: The driver side mirror wouldn't unfold automatically at all when unlocking and wouldn't fold automatically most times. When autopilot comes to a full stop and restarts, there is a clear clicking noise. Some minor ones I wouldn't have noticed normally unless many checklists online were there: Trunk door is slightly misaligned (doesn't cause any issues in closing/opening), driver door has slight misalignment, small (very minor) scratch in trunk door, front and rear fenders. I have a service appointment 2 weeks from now. I don't know if there is a way to get these fixed sooner through a mobile service appointment or something.

Overall, I was really happy with the process and the car. When I initially ordered, they said they deliver only in the last month of the quarter and in my case it worked out. EDD moving around was not great but I guess we all know that doesn't provide any signal at all. I also did not like that all the Tesla support folks kept telling me that removing FSD will update my base price to the current price - the actual system did not update my base price which is intuitive to me because FSD is a software option - they need to understand their systems better. My original order did not have FSD and when I clicked the add FSD button it added without asking for any confirmation or indicating the change in price. It showed me the change in price after updating the config. I didn't know that it affects the sales tax and registration etc (I was also not intending to add FSD - just wanted to see what the process was).

Hopefully, this helps others and here is a pic of my car :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 6.16.03 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 6.16.03 PM.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 43
View attachment 677822
Delivered today! No big issues that we could see. There was splatter of some sort on the side view mirrors that we couldn’t remove and one side view mirror had some scuffing around an edge. But other than that, beautiful! Taking the car for PPF, ceramic coating, and tint tomorrow, minus the mirrors because the earliest service appointment I could get was for July 7 and I want the car protected. Will bring the car back for mirror PPF and coating after they are fixed.

I had chosen to pick up when I ordered, but was told that they were only scheduling home deliveries when I spoke to my SA after I got my VIN. This was confirmed today by someone who called to confirm delivery this morning and by the driver as well. Both told me that the Fremont delivery center is being used to deliver MS, so M3 and MY are being taken to Dublin.

MYP ordered May 16 | 5 seater | with tow | no FSD | VIN 212XXX received on June 22 | delivered June 25

*Was wondering if I was getting someone’s “reject” with a 212XXX VIN, but it has a June 2021 build date. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also had 21 miles on it after delivery. I’m about 18 miles from the Tesla center in Dublin.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

View attachment 677823View attachment 677824

Where are you getting PPF & Tint at?
Looking to get mines done ASAP.

Reactions: Maxters
Now I’m really irritated! We went in and talked to them. The guy looked up my account and said our build isn’t scheduled until the 26th. I don’t really get the way they schedule these things. I was pretty hot and my husband was apologizing for me! 😂. I’m not usually like that but this process has driven me over the edge. He also did say they will probably be delivering it to my house
UPDATE: This morning -> Blue Button -> VIN -> Delivery to my office by
Saw a truckload of tesla model y on the us 101 south while I was in the 101 north this morning! There were mostly whites and life 1 red but couldn't really tell because I saw it too late. Makes me wonder where they're headed.
Wow I hope that my Red MY I have had a VIN for a week now. Maybe I’ll get a call in the morning.

Ever since I uploaded my current insurance policy as requested by my SA, the black sample card that would show the vin disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes, same for me...but the VIN is still listed right under my reservation number on my account page.

Tesla insurance was double the price that my current insurance quoted me...was really surprised by that, going into this process it seemed from comments I'd seen online that Tesla was often way cheaper than other insurance companies!

• Helpful
Reactions: Whitebeard
Model Y AWD | Red | Black Interior | 20" | No Hitch, No FSD

Now 28 days since the order placed:
5-22-21: EDD 4-12 weeks
5-29-21: EDD 6-19 to 6-30
6-05-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-12-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-19-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10

So just hit the start of my original 4-12 week window after 4 weeks. And it is now showing another 4-7 weeks to go. Seems about right. I sent an e-mail to a local employee who took me for a test drive last year on my birthday, and who asked me earlier this year if I wanted to order a Y. We'll see if he gats back to me. I mentioned that I was open to getting a demo vehicle, if he could find a red one like I ordered. I have looked a bit at the inventory list when posters state that "New inventory just released!!!", but haven't yet felt motivated to devote time to making that happen. Been pretty busy with other things.

A lady at the Tesla Pasadena office who I spoke with (yes, they did answer my call, first time I ever called the store) did suggest that I fill out the insurance information. So I sent a copy of my Tesla Insurance card to the website, and its now there. She said that not having that uplinked for the last 4 weeks wouldn't affect my delivery date. She said to just periodically check the site and I will be informed when we are ready for the next step.

Will see if Joshua gets back to me about the demo car possible purchase. I would imagine that once Tesla flushes (nasty term for something Model Y related :)) the demo cars out by 6-30 that there will be far fewer of those available as they restock (?) the stores with demos.

RT
Model Y AWD | Red | Black Interior | 20" | No Hitch, No FSD

Now 35 days since the order placed:
5-22-21: EDD 4-12 weeks
5-29-21: EDD 6-19 to 6-30
6-05-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-12-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-19-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10
6-26-21: EDD 7-16 to 8-5

Been looking at inventory cars for an exact match. Per one of the other threads, cars with less than 50 miles are new off the line. Just a question whether someone else rejected them, or the car shipped to a location and the prospective owner backed out. Probably more the latter I would think. I have a long driving trip planned starting on 7-11, so the next 15 days are going to be an interesting time. I would imagine that the number of inventory cars available will slow down quite a bit starting July 1st, but not drop to 0 since people are always going to back out for one reason or another. It probably depends on where Tesla is going to be shipping the Model Y's starting at the beginning of the third quarter.

RT

Reactions: Whitebeard