Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD this morning was October. I called the Pasadena, CA location and spoke with a SA. I asked if there were any existing inventory and he said there was one that had all of my same specs in Arizona but it was $500 to transport it over. I called my wife and then I called back and secured it. Now I have a VIN. 240XXX.
I wished the SA I spoke to was that proactive. I got the response of we are at the mercy of the factory…and most of his clients are not denying/rejecting delivery and VIN assignments have been sent daily.

Reactions: Sophos
For those who ordered in May, we're saving $1,500 from the recent price increases ( $500 & $1000). I also noticed we're the ones who keep getting pushed out more and more, and now mine just says Oct when I ordered May 6th. I've noticed many people get their vins who paid the $500 increase, and I'm wondering if Tesla is hoping we give up, and our cars go to newer buyers who ordered with the $1,500 price increase? IDK anymore (conspiracy theories haha...I have a few though), it's just super frustrating with a family of 4 only have ONE car for the
Update-
Order date of 5/23-Specs in Signature.

After having my EDD change from 8/2-8/19 on Sunday to October yesterday, it has now changed to August 12th-September 1st.

I’m at the point where I’ll just have to wait and physically see the car in my driveway to believe a damn EDD lol. With that said, cheers to more days of waiting.
EDD is the biggest joke! Ugh .....my positive mood destroyer/ dream crusher reappeared and currently says August 6-26, Wtf ever that means

My local AS just called me without me reaching out to her, which was nice surprise. She told me to ignore the "October" EDD jump that was previously Aug 5-11 (previously Aug 1 - 11). She told me a large amount of MYLR were coming in with in a 1-2 weeks and I should be getting my vin really soon, and that I was on the top of the priority list (sure they say that to everyone). It was refreshing to hear at least, and I was happy she was proactive calling me, instead of me call her, especially being extremely frustrated since I order in the very beginning of May. So anyone who has the "October" EDD shocker, stay calm, that should change soon. Fingers cross!

My local AS just called me without me reaching out to her, which was nice surprise. She told me to ignore the "October" EDD jump that was previously Aug 5-11 (previously Aug 1 - 11). She told me a large amount of MYLR were coming in with in a 1-2 weeks and I should be getting my vin really soon, and that I was on the top of the priority list (sure they say that to everyone). It was refreshing to hear at least, and I was happy she was proactive calling me, instead of me call her, especially being extremely frustrated since I order in the very beginning of May. So anyone who has the "October" EDD shocker, stay calm, that should change soon. Fingers cross!
Don't believe in your SA until you got a vin#~! haha 🤣 🤣

7/9 modified order:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
8/3: 8/5 - 8/21 as of today!

Same as my MYP order that I finalized on 7/15. EDD is showing 8/5 - 8/25 for me, which was the same before the October fiasco.

EDD Updated to 9/2 - 9/22

Also the same as my MYLR order that I finalized on 2/21. EDD is showing 9/2 - 9/22 for me, which was the same before the October fiasco.

I have a feeling that my MYP order will be ready for delivery around mid-Aug, and my LR probably won't be ready until the middle or end of Sept (or possibly into Oct with the way things are going).

Same as my MYP order that I finalized on 7/15. EDD is showing 8/5 - 8/25 for me, which was the same before the October fiasco.

Also the same as my MYLR order that I finalized on 2/21. EDD is showing 9/2 - 9/22 for me, which was the same before the October fiasco.

I have a feeling that my MYP order will be ready for delivery around mid-Aug, and my LR probably won't be ready until the middle or end of Sept (or possibly into Oct with the way things are going).
Would be cool if we all got our vins and pick up the same time lol

Reactions: LSJR and Sophos
What's your config? I'm in Cbad too, waiting (forever) on MSM/black interior & everything else standard. Been without a car since early June 😢

I don't think we'll be intentionally getting cars from Shanghai win TX Giga is about to spin up their first test Y next week. They are planning production in a month, which should help all of us with end of September and now October deliveries. I'm guess in CA we will still be getting Freemont cars and the East Coast will be getting TX cars. Or are the moving all Y production to TX?
The indications are that Tesla Austin/Texas will make vehicles for the Midwest and East Coast (and Model Y, CyberTruck, and Model 3 a tad later). Tesla Fremont will continue to make West Coast vehicles (Model 3, Model Y), and apparently Fremont will be the only plant making Model S and Model X.

The sooner Texas comes on-line, the sooner that Fremont starts shipping exclusively to West Coast customers. We will know that Texas is getting close once Tesla applies for a plant code (factory code / plant of manufacture; character 11) for Austin, Texas. :D

On the VIN, in character 11, is the plant code: F=Fremont, C=Shanghai. 5YJ is Tesla USA's WMI, and LRW is Tesla Shanghai's WMI (world manufacturer identifier = WMI = first 3 characters of VIN).

The NHTSA VIN decoder for Tesla is located here (put Tesla over in the Name field, then hit ENTER, then sort by date to see the latest submission):

For example, here is the 2021 VIN letter from Tesla to NHTSA that includes Fremont (published Feb 18, 2021):

These kinds of VIN letters need to be submitted to NHTSA 60 days before vehicles; i.e. 60 days before Austin starts spitting out cars that are going to drive on public roadways, they need to submit a letter that says what the plant code is for Austin (perhaps "A", perhaps "T", perhaps something else; Tesla gets to pick). So that will be the indicator that Texas is getting close...

Scott

NHTSA = national highway traffic safety administration -- among many other cool things that they do, they are also the VIN arbiters.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

Last edited: