Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!! I have the exact same car on order… hoping for late sept early October. Post pics after pick up!
Finally got the car!!!!! Tesla drop off my model y in the driveway around 5:30 am, I'm surprised when I opened the door. Even don't know car is delivered...(they did sned the message). Hope you guys can get your Tesla SOON.

Attachments

• F70CE847-5DEB-44AF-BEE5-327C40D99F9C.jpg
    F70CE847-5DEB-44AF-BEE5-327C40D99F9C.jpg
    805.9 KB · Views: 50
Finally received my VIN: 254xxx. White MYLR 19'', OD: 6/16, VIN: 9/20. Is the VIN number too low? My SA said it was built 09/21. Thanks.

254xxx seems really low based on other recently reported VINs of 273xxx. Check the sticker on the B pillar (driver's side front door). It shows the month/year. I would question where this car has been for the past 20,000 vehicles -- perhaps a reworked vehicle?

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Reactions: ryneezy and DZMY
Thanks @johnc925 and @ZGGBMG. I switched my payment method to 'Cash' and planning to change it once a VIN is assigned. I'm guessing this means that the initial contract will be generated with 'Cash' as the method and once the payment method is changed, a new contract will be regenerated. Is that correct?
Yes that’s correct. There will be a final purchase agreement, and you can do whatever you want before signing that.

Yes the first three digits are manufacturer iirc

Attached is the 2021 Tesla VIN decoder. The 2022 version hasn't been released yet. For the 2022 model year, the Model Year Code (Digit 10) will change from "M" to "N". Likewise, when the new Austin Texas plant comes on-line they will add a Plant of Manufacture Code (Digit 11) for that; perhaps "A", or "T"...

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
ODD: November
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Attachments

• MY2021_VIN Decoder_S3XY - NA - 2.18.2021 (4).pdf
    187.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited: