Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel your pain. I entered my EDD of 12/8-12/31 yesterday. Had held steady for weeks. Wake up this morning and it has moved to….1/11-2/8. I’m now that guy who is more jealous than happy when I see people in my same area take orders they made a full 6 weeks after I did, many with similar configs.

Look, if it’s Tesla’s way of getting me a big tax rebate I’ll forgive them. But that looks far from certain.
I am waiting for a little rebate. They haven't filed the paperwork for 2022 models for the California rebate and that's worth 2k. I hope they do soon.

I find myself in an interesting position. I took delivery of my MYLR in September 2021. Enjoy the car, it's great. I invested in front PPF, front window tint and a few accessories.

Now I have a second MYLR MSM reservation (EDD 12/16-12/31) I had made for my parents (it was only $100), but they aren't sold on the EV movement just yet, so will likely back out. However I've received an offer of $63.5K from GMTV, which is great, about $5K over what I paid out the door just 2.5 months ago. But for me it won't be worth the hassle unless I take delivery in 2022. My 2022 MYLR MSM order is $62.1K out the door.

Crazy resale prices aside I'm very happy with my White/White MYLR. No significant panel issues, and the car's been great (never know what the next car may bring). If only I could convince the wife to take the MSM MYLR. ;)

Any thoughts? Any angles I may not be seeing?

Edit: The only reason I'm even considering the swap is a) too many damn White MY's on the road and b) if I can pocket $5K after EV credits.
If you had a white MYP you wouldn't see that many.

I should qualify that by stating I've seen a lot of MYPs other than white here in the SF Bay Area. I didn't pay extra because we wanted white. ;)

Ok I guess I’m ready to share my shame lol. My current EDD is Jan 5 - Feb 8 and here we go, I’ll try to keep it brief.

I called my delivery center this past Monday and spoke to a nice lady who agreed that it was “weird” that I still didn’t have a car. She asked me would I be ok with a December delivery and I said hell yes. Her exact words were let me contact the “internal team” to get you bumped up the queue. She asked me to hold tight and contact her on Friday(today)

I emailed her for an update and she advised that she spoke to the “internal team” and they told her the window for a 7 seater configuration is my current EDD. She apologized for the delay and thanked me for my patience.

So yeah no cutting the line, if there is a line.

🤦🏿‍♂️

Reactions: mdchen3
Regarding EDD frustration, I cope by remembering the following:

- Most people here receive their cars before their original EDD (from time of order)
- The sample size (TMC posts/spreadsheet) is extremely small compared to all orders
- There's a lot of selection bias because only certain types of people join TMC forums
- Confirmation bias is all over the place as people cherry-pick data to prove their theory (e.g. people still think they can spot "batches of <color> being made now!" just because people with that color are being assigned VINs...)
- Data fidelity is questionable — not everyone tells the truth on the internet
- Data is surely incomplete/out-of-date — many people fill out the spreadsheet but never update

Even though you might see the one person taking delivery before you with an earlier OD, given all of the above it's equally likely that they are an outlier, and orders from your month are flying out of the factory (but absent from the data). If you really want inner peace, just don't look! 😄😅😢😭
It has been said many, many, many times on this thread (there are 450+ pages, go back and look) that fixating on earlier delivery dates that were before your original delivery date at order is pointless. In fact, at least two were by me. However, the “don’t worry because you are an outlier” strikes me as…odd.

In this case, we are talking about people who Tesla told them they would get a car in Oct/Nov now being told they won’t get it until next year. They are frustrated specifically because they are an outlier.

The theories on color combos were that - theories. Mainly linked to questions of supply chain is linked to certain color ingredients. Not so far fetched, Tesla delivered cars without USB chargers for the same reason.

What do I think happened? Here’s a theory. Tesla stacked CA into an EOQ push as per usual, and then a new edict came down saying don’t rush out at EOQ, so CA deliveries took a pretty universal hosing.

Final point: you’re pretty new here, and zen. Everyone joins that way. You didn’t put OD/specs/EDD into your post or sig, which many do. But I guess I’ll ask you - if you are 3 months past when Tesla told you you’d get the car, coming to the end of a lease on another car and/or need the car for some reason, will you still be super zen? If so great, it’s a good way to live. But those are mainly the people posting frustration. We all knew EDDs would fluctuate, some would get theirs before us, etc. But I feel for the people who Tesla was so wildly off for and it’s put them in a tight spot.

I’ve been in the EDD window 4 times already and it has been pushed back each time after being 2-3 days into the window. Hopefully it’s not the same case for you, but don’t hold your breath.
Happened this morning. I joined the move of EDDs from Dec to Jan this morning, 2 days into window.

Frustrating that it happens once you’ve entered a window Tesla established.

Think I’ll avoid following this thread for a while. Nothing good happens from that other than the knowledge you’re not alone.

Happened this morning. I joined the move of EDDs from Dec to Jan this morning, 2 days into window.

Frustrating that it happens once you’ve entered a window Tesla established.

Think I’ll avoid following this thread for a while. Nothing good happens from that other than the knowledge you’re not alone.
Hey... look at it this way...

You just won a $7,500 lottery! (Maybe)

Congrats!!!

Oh... and you'll be getting a new car for 2022!

Reactions: dthuntley
Ok I guess I’m ready to share my shame lol. My current EDD is Jan 5 - Feb 8 and here we go, I’ll try to keep it brief.

I called my delivery center this past Monday and spoke to a nice lady who agreed that it was “weird” that I still didn’t have a car. She asked me would I be ok with a December delivery and I said hell yes. Her exact words were let me contact the “internal team” to get you bumped up the queue. She asked me to hold tight and contact her on Friday(today)

I emailed her for an update and she advised that she spoke to the “internal team” and they told her the window for a 7 seater configuration is my current EDD. She apologized for the delay and thanked me for my patience.

So yeah no cutting the line, if there is a line.

🤦🏿‍♂️
Had a similar conversation and was told I would have VIN on December 5. It is now December 11, no VIN, and my EDD just today got pushed to 01/01-01/29. So...????

Reactions: Naija King
Was supposed to pick up at 3pm at the Fremont location. Time got pushed to 5pm, got a text at 5:30 saying that the car is not ready and needs more time to prep and pass inspection and that new delivery date is 12/13. Anyone in Norcal with pickup in Fremont, experience the same today?

55258F07-E8B8-4F62-9AFC-C56D062FE468.jpeg

ODD11/11 MYP black on black tow and fsd
Edd was January
Moved to 12/20-12/31
Moved to 12/27-12/31
Moved to 12/12-12/23 on 12/10
No Vin Yet. Supposed to pick it up from Burbank. When do you guys think I’ll get that Vin?

I seem to be in the opposite position of a bunch of people here. I ordered a Model Y in Southern California in November.

OD: 11/14/21
Original EDD: June 2022
New EDD: 12/21-12/31

When i ordered, the EDD was June. I assumed it would come a couple of months earlier as the new factories start to ramp. But then last week it suddenly shifted to 12/21-12/31. No notice given, nor any VIN yet. Not only will I not be ready to take delivery, but I'm going to be out of town through mid January.

... so what's the best way of handling this? Do I ignore it until they give me notice that a VIN is assigned, assuming it'll shift further right, then ask for a delay then if its too early? Or am I better off reaching out and asking for a delay now? If I ask for a delay in either situation, does it put me at the back of the line, or can I just nudge it by a month?

I got my vin on Wednesday but no delivery date yet. I used to open the app once or twice a day before but now I’m refreshing every 30 mins and calling Tesla sales everyday. The vin to deliver wait is making me feel pathetic. I live less than 10 miles away from Fremont and I’m not sure what’s taking them so long.

Update: Now the app says EDD Dec 15-25. What non sense is this after i got the vin and made the payment.

Ugh…. I’m hoping for a January Delivery!! My EDD was first week of January and today it moved to December 17-27. Not sure I’ll take delivery but wait until after December 31st. Wondering what that’ll cost me in Dollars and delivery date?? Any ideas?

I seem to be in the opposite position of a bunch of people here. I ordered a Model Y in Southern California in November.

OD: 11/14/21
Original EDD: June 2022
New EDD: 12/21-12/31

When i ordered, the EDD was June. I assumed it would come a couple of months earlier as the new factories start to ramp. But then last week it suddenly shifted to 12/21-12/31. No notice given, nor any VIN yet. Not only will I not be ready to take delivery, but I'm going to be out of town through mid January.

... so what's the best way of handling this? Do I ignore it until they give me notice that a VIN is assigned, assuming it'll shift further right, then ask for a delay then if its too early? Or am I better off reaching out and asking for a delay now? If I ask for a delay in either situation, does it put me at the back of the line, or can I just nudge it by a month?
Wow! Did you order the Long Range??? That’s quick if you did!