Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you received your VIN yet? I got my edd updated this morning from 5/16-5/30. Just curious how long after you fall into the 2 week window does the VIN come.
I have had two 14-day windows within the past three months, and both times I went to a one-month window as soon as I got close to my EDD (currently in a one-month window as you can tell by my EDD history). Pretty sure I've read other people getting at least three 14-day windows before they got good news. I believe once you get a 10-day window then be on the lookout. Otherwise, maintain reserved optimism. :)

What rate are people getting with Tesla financing? I am retired and had planned to pull funds from my IRA but the market is brutal right now and having to pay income taxes in addition to hit in the market is much more than the savings in the price increase from my 11/6 order.

My EDD is currently in the late July/August timeframe and I sure hope things improve by then.

I have had two 14-day windows within the past three months, and both times I went to a one-month window as soon as I got close to my EDD (currently in a one-month window as you can tell by my EDD history). Pretty sure I've read other people getting at least three 14-day windows before they got good news. I believe once you get a 10-day window then be on the lookout. Otherwise, maintain reserved optimism. :)
That’s the first I have heard about multiple 14 day windows. Guess I will have to wait and see. Thank you for your information, there is lots of info going around makes my head spin.

What rate are people getting with Tesla financing? I am retired and had planned to pull funds from my IRA but the market is brutal right now and having to pay income taxes in addition to hit in the market is much more than the savings in the price increase from my 11/6 order.

My EDD is currently in the late July/August timeframe and I sure hope things improve by then.
I believe the latest word is 3.24% (starting %).

That’s the first I have heard about multiple 14 day windows. Guess I will have to wait and see. Thank you for your information, there is lots of info going around makes my head spin.
Isn't there?! Looking for, and joining these Waiting Room threads was the worst life choice I've made so far in 2022, LoL.

I'm doing better about not scrutinizing every EDD info I find on the web in hopes of finding meaning with my own EDD. First step in recovery is recognizing I have a problem...

I believe the latest word is 3.24% (starting %).

Isn't there?! Looking for, and joining these Waiting Room threads was the worst life choice I've made so far in 2022, LoL.

I'm doing better about not scrutinizing every EDD info I find on the web in hopes of finding meaning with my own EDD. First step in recovery is recognizing I have a problem...
Probably should follow your advice 👍😂

Reactions: PeteOC

Hi rlzalusky, I locked in at 2.74.

Reactions: rlzalusky
To add to the data:

Got my VIN today
F440749

Model Y Performance
Blue with Black Interior
No Tow
No FSD

Closest SC: Camarillo, CA
EDD: May 10-14

OD as Long Range: October 10, 2021
Changed to Performance: April 22, 2022

Good luck to all of you with EDDs coming up!
Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊. I had to track you down. To see if you got your Vin. 😆 Put it in your signature. When you have time. F###.

Reactions: Winning Guy
When did you order and when did you lock in (order / delivery / vin)?
The order was put in back in November but was not placed active until April 1st, per my request, since I would not be ready until around now. I received my first edd back in April, which I recall expected delivery would be May. Received a few changes with edd, but delivery stayed in the month of May. So, today I received my VIN F436XXX, and edd May 9 - May 15.

The order was put in back in November but was not placed active until April 1st, per my request, since I would not be ready until around now. I received my first edd back in April, which I recall expected delivery would be May. Received a few changes with edd, but delivery stayed in the month of May. So, today I received my VIN F436XXX, and edd May 9 - May 15.
I am assuming you ordered MYP to get it now. I am also surprised you could keep the order in an inactive state that long and keep the November pricing. I thought they were cracking down on that. When you say you locked in the rate did that happen on April 1st?

Am I also correct to assume there are no prepayment / rule of 78 penalties if you paid off the loan early?

I am assuming you ordered MYP to get it now. I am also surprised you could keep the order in an inactive state that long and keep the November pricing. I thought they were cracking down on that. When you say you locked in the rate did that happen on April 1st?

Am I also correct to assume there are no prepayment / rule of 78 penalties if you paid off the loan early?
Yes, I have planned to get it around this time. Yes, the stipulation was that I would not place my order only if I could postpone it, and sure enough, it was postponed until April 1st, when I received the text on March 31st that it was going to be ordered.

The rate was locked in around the 2nd week or 3rd week of April, cannot remember exactly, but around that time. Financed through Tesla, BMO and there are no prepayment fees.

Reactions: rlzalusky