Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll also point out that Carlsbad likely has better info than the smaller sales centers.

UTC signature was “UTC leadership”

Carlsbad signature is “Tesla San Diego Delivery”
Similar situation in LA. My SA works out of the Sherman Oaks mall which is just a showroom. In one of the few times we actually corresponded, he told me to let HIM know when I got my VIN so that he could help me with delivery. lol Super nice guy but I'd believe it if he and I were working with the exact same info.

So I received a text that my car had been dropped off in my driveway ... no calls, no people to meet. Wild. Race out front and there she is ... beauty. Didn't tell my wife I got white interior haha so it was a shock to her. But it's my car ;) ... I immediately upgraded to Premium Connectivity at $9.99 (what's another app subscription, right?). The only issue I had was figuring out the A/C ... took roughly 5 mins to get it cooling properly. Total human error, for sure.
I thought you get a 1yr free trial of Premium Connectivity. Did you not get that?

I thought you get a 1yr free trial of Premium Connectivity. Did you not get that?

My understanding - and I stand to be corrected - is you get some connectivity features but not all; thus, my upgrading so I can get
Navigation
Live Traffic Visualization
Satellite-View Maps
Video Streaming
Caraoke
Music Streaming
Internet Browser

Make sense?

Again, stand to be corrected here.

1622232950341.png

1622232967541.png

I'm figuring there's zero way SAs do not know about this forum and search for their service centers once in a while to see what's being said about them. So, hello if you're reading this. ;) Anyway, I emailed burbank_ordersupport:

Hello, I have a Model Y on order (RNXXX) and I am supposed to pick up at Burbank, however I am hearing from a couple people that it might end up being a home delivery. Can you confirm either way? I'd also really appreciate if there is anymore detailed information about my estimated delivery, as my dates changed this morning to a generic 3-13 weeks which is somewhat disappointing.
Thank you in advance!
Mae

...and got this reply:

That is correct. The car will be delivered to your address at [😎REDACTED😎]. Regarding delivery timing, I anticipate we'll be able to deliver your Model Y between the middle and the end of June. We'll be able to give you a more accurate timing once we have a VIN number assigned to your account and we'll give you a call to schedule your appointment once your vehicle is making its way to our delivery center.

+++

SOooooo...I guess I am getting a home delivery, and tbh that's fine with me. My June calendar is filling up really quick and I've been stressing about carving out a half a day to get over to Burbank.

Reactions: 3rob16 and jgd108
For the folks getting home delivery, do you have to "accept delivery" sight unseen (ie sign the paperwork and pay) before they drop off the car?

I wanted to at least do a cursory check of the quality in case I get unlucky and be able to refuse delivery and wait for another car - hoping that is still possible.

Similar situation in LA. My SA works out of the Sherman Oaks mall which is just a showroom. In one of the few times we actually corresponded, he told me to let HIM know when I got my VIN so that he could help me with delivery. lol Super nice guy but I'd believe it if he and I were working with the exact same info.
I ordered from the same place. My SA has been great even though I'm not happy with the current outcome. I got an email back from this morning saying "she would see what she can do".....😔

For the folks getting home delivery, do you have to "accept delivery" sight unseen (ie sign the paperwork and pay) before they drop off the car?

I wanted to at least do a cursory check of the quality in case I get unlucky and be able to refuse delivery and wait for another car - hoping that is still possible.
I've heard a few different accounts. Sometimes they drop it off and bolt, other times they stick around and let you ask questions. It probably depends on what kind of mood your driver is in.

I have my own delivery checklist that was broken up by "at the delivery site" and "at home" so I'm kind of relieved I can just do it all at home.

FRIENDS! In a span of 3 days I went from June 15-30 all the way to getting it delivered tomorrow! Paid and immediately contacting the SC to schedule a drop off. I am beyond excited and hope this is a precursor for everyone else to receive theirs!
Wow, Great! I order on 4/28 and I saw you ordered on 4/29, so I am hoping to hear the good news soon!