Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The people that know I bought a new car (boyfriend, close family) all think I’m nuts when they ask when the car is coming and I say I have no idea hopefully soon.

Normally I’d be excited to see what June 1 brings but I’m dreading being disappointed again tomorrow morning.
I told my brother we had just bought a Tesla and he told me to text him a photo when we left the lot. I was like oh, it doesn't work like that.. Probably get it in a month or two. 😫

Update

05/17/21: June 5 - June 25
05/19/21: June 3 - June 23
05/21/21: June 6 - June 26
05/22/21: June 9 - June 29
05/28/21: May 30 - June 16
05/29/21: May 31 - June 18
05/30/21: 3 to 13 weeks
06/01/21: June 10 - June 30

MY: MSM-BLK Inter-20" Induction.
Order date: 04/20/21

From what I understand, VIN’s aren’t assigned until your car has at least started the production process. And since cars pretty much come out of the factory and directly to a truck for delivery, I’m thinking there’s going to be very little time between the time us Californian’s get assigned a VIN and when we get actual delivery. I live in the Bay Area and my SA told me it’s only going to be a day or two between the time my car finishes production and when it will be delivered.
Any update on your order? I am from Bay area also and no VIN until now. We placed our order on 4/17 and EDD disappeared and was changed to 2-13 weeks from order date. Our SA told us our car maybe ready by 6/2 or latest end of June but since we have no VIN yet I doubt that our delivery date will be sooner. it's frustrating that Bay Area customers are placed at the end of the line for delivery.

From what I understand, VIN’s aren’t assigned until your car has at least started the production process. And since cars pretty much come out of the factory and directly to a truck for delivery, I’m thinking there’s going to be very little time between the time us Californian’s get assigned a VIN and when we get actual delivery. I live in the Bay Area and my SA told me it’s only going to be a day or two between the time my car finishes production and when it will be delivered.
Any update on your order? I am from Bay area also and no VIN until now. We placed our order on 4/17 and EDD disappeared and was changed to 2-13 weeks from order date. Our SA told us our car maybe ready by 6/2 or latest end of June but since we have no VIN yet I doubt that our delivery date will be sooner. it's frustrating that Bay Area customers are placed at the end of the line for delivery.

Ordered: 4/7
Model Y LR
MSM
20in Wheels
No Tow
FSD
Black Interior
5 Seat
San Francisco

EDD: June 20th - June 30th (Sunday was June 19th, and the day before June 18th. NO VIN)

The no VIN part is a bummer as I can't seem to get any financing offers until I have it. I'm worried - after seeing some other posts, that I will get the VIN and have to pick up in 3 days which leaves no room for a third party to deliver a check. Not to mention when I originally ordered it was 4 - 8 weeks; now I'm sitting here on Week 8 with no updates or communication. I don't have a car either and my Uber bill is piling up as surge is more and more often now /rant

My SA called me this am after I emailed him yesterday. Im in N Cal - Sacramento and ordered 4/22 He said everything is on track and I will have a car this month for sure. I should expect to hear something by the middle of this month and take delivery soon thereafter. New EDD is showing as 6/9-29

Like most others, got the 3-13 weeks and now I’m 6/8-6/30. My SA told me Sunday that I’m still on track for delivery between 6/4 and 6/11. It is super frustrating that you’re penalized for ordering early in the quarter and live close to Fremont. But I’m still within the range that my SA told me when I ordered so I can’t be too mad.

Reactions: Greg007
Ordered: 4/7
Model Y LR
MSM
20in Wheels
No Tow
FSD
Black Interior
5 Seat
San Francisco

EDD: June 20th - June 30th (Sunday was June 19th, and the day before June 18th. NO VIN)

The no VIN part is a bummer as I can't seem to get any financing offers until I have it. I'm worried - after seeing some other posts, that I will get the VIN and have to pick up in 3 days which leaves no room for a third party to deliver a check. Not to mention when I originally ordered it was 4 - 8 weeks; now I'm sitting here on Week 8 with no updates or communication. I don't have a car either and my Uber bill is piling up as surge is more and more often now /rant
You should be able to get offers without a VIN. They just won’t cut you a check or send payment till you have one. But I understand your concern. I had an offer lined up through my CU (Patelco) but after a few email exchanges with them, I had zero confidence they would be able to act fast when I needed them to so I had my SA change to Tesla financing. Got a rate .2% lower and eliminated a potential bottleneck.

Like most others, got the 3-13 weeks and now I’m 6/8-6/30. My SA told me Sunday that I’m still on track for delivery between 6/4 and 6/11. It is super frustrating that you’re penalized for ordering early in the quarter and live close to Fremont. But I’m still within the range that my SA told me when I ordered so I can’t be too mad.
Same boat as you. Ordered from Santana Row. My SA returns my emails, but it’s just the same generic email response every time. I guess it’s my fault I’m frustrated because he did tell me end of June when I ordered. But when you see others who ordered in May receiving the same configuration as you it crushes you. What’s even worse is I’m so close to Fremont that if I wanted to I could drive down there to see if there are vehicles staged and ready to be delivered like all these other SC. But with being at the factory I’m sure they have them tucked away in he back somewhere out of view.