Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also order 4/12. When I ordered I had ZERO expectation for when I would get the car. It was Tesla’s own ridiculous EDD that started the false hopes. Then two SA’s that both told me my car would be here 6/2. That was two different SA’ s at two different locations so that obviously was what the system was telling them. Which is the point. The system sucks. Don’t tell me anything and I don’t care. I’ll wait all year but when everyday they give you dates that get closer and closer then suddenly change to weeks then back to specific dates then SA’a tell you more nonesense it creates a total roller coaster that gives you false hopes and ultimately makes the experience totally terrible.

So, here I am, still no dates and no VIN. Great…
Agreed, which is my point to the post. The “system” has no logical sense. We try to make sense of it based on color, options, or location but even that doesn’t work.

Reactions: Srleadjb
I also order 4/12. When I ordered I had ZERO expectation for when I would get the car. It was Tesla’s own ridiculous EDD that started the false hopes. Then two SA’s that both told me my car would be here 6/2. That was two different SA’ s at two different locations so that obviously was what the system was telling them. Which is the point. The system sucks. Don’t tell me anything and I don’t care. I’ll wait all year but when everyday they give you dates that get closer and closer then suddenly change to weeks then back to specific dates then SA’a tell you more nonesense it creates a total roller coaster that gives you false hopes and ultimately makes the experience totally terrible.

I honestly would start calling daily until someone gives you some answers. It looks like a little pressure is seemingly going a long way. I ordered 5/26 so I feel unworthy to even ask anyone yet but your wait has just been ridiculous.

I am right there with you. Ordered on 4/9, and 2 separate agents assured me I'll have it before the end of May. Here I sit at the end of May with no VIN or estimated date. With the removal of the radar and this delay, I am not as excited as I was when I placed the order. We had planned a road trip over Memorial day (back when the estimated delivery date was still end of April/early May), and had to do it in a rental car instead. Even my 5 year old has stopped asking me "when is our Tesla coming" every morning.

I am seriously considering putting the order on hold, and might go out to test drive some other cars this week.

F..........was supposed to take delivery today. Completed all paperwork and final payments and SA has told me that that my vehicle is throwing errors from final inspection before delivery. So low and behold my car is already in the shop before setting foot in it. Now im set to pick it up this Saturday. Fingers crossed

• Disagree
Reactions: CupitCrew

Yea, I ordered and had a similar experience to you. I ordered around 4/9 because I needed to get the car before 4/30 otherwise I'd lose 10,500 in incentives. They kept saying it'd be there before then but when it hit 4/19, I started losing hope and just started browsing current inventory and settled for the closest possible option which was a 7 seater. Glad I went my route even though it meant losing $100. Newer editions lose out on radar and now passenger side loses lumbar support. Sorry man, we probably have the same SA's since I took delivery in Burbank. Also, FWIW, they also gave me the spiel of "we've moved you up to priority delivery so for sure you'll get it before 4/30." Yea, I canceled my other order 5/2. So, no way were they ever going to make it.

Reactions: Srleadjb
Ordered 5-14 (completed profile 5-19) MY LR White on White on 20's from UTC in San Diego.
I had no EDD and called my SA last Wednesday 5-26 to see what was going on, I mentioned that I was READY to purchase YESTERDAY! (financing and down were dialed)
On Friday 5-28 morning I finally got an EDD of 6-15 to 6-30. By 6pm Friday night they said they would have my car ready 6-1!! I pick it up tomorrow from Carlsbad!! So beyond being super lucky and super stoked, What gives?!?
I’m heading to Carlsbad at 11am. Maybe we’ll bump into each other during pickup

Reactions: Chiu0nthls