Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dropped by the Costa Mesa SC today. There were 3 MY being delivered, Blue, Red and MSM. The white one in the pictures was a used MY. Boy, that Red with the Inductions sure looks beautiful.

Inside I asked about my delivery date. They pulled up my order and it showed that I was "soft matched" with a manufacturing date of 6/16 and delivery to Costa Mesa on 6/17. He said if these dates hold I should expect a call from the delivery team around 6/17.

Attachments

• IMG_4421s.JPG
    IMG_4421s.JPG
    575.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4422s.JPG
    IMG_4422s.JPG
    531.2 KB · Views: 43
Hey all,

04/19 order date. Received my VIN # 199XXX last Thurs. Just received a call from Burbank that my MY has a dent on the rear lift gate and they will be having it repaired prior to home delivery. Home delivery originally scheduled for tomorrow in the AM, but now tentatively scheduled for Sat in the AM. No other info on the dent in question but must have been ugly based on what their QC saw prior to delivery. I don't know if I should be happy or disappointed - happy that they found it prior to me having to deal with the SC delays, or disappointed at the infamous QC/shipping issues from Tesla.

• Love
Reactions: CupitCrew
Hey all,

04/19 order date. Received my VIN # 199XXX last Thurs. Just received a call from Burbank that my MY has a dent on the rear lift gate and they will be having it repaired prior to home delivery. Home delivery originally scheduled for tomorrow in the AM, but now tentatively scheduled for Sat in the AM. No other info on the dent in question but must have been ugly based on what their QC saw prior to delivery. I don't know if I should be happy or disappointed - happy that they found it prior to me having to deal with the SC delays, or disappointed at the infamous QC/shipping issues from Tesla.
Wow so cars from Burbank actually exist. o_O
Hopefully they repair it so that you don’t even see where the dent was. What’s your config?

Reactions: CupitCrew
I dropped by the Costa Mesa SC today. There were 3 MY being delivered, Blue, Red and MSM. The white one in the pictures was a used MY. Boy, that Red with the Inductions sure looks beautiful.

Inside I asked about my delivery date. They pulled up my order and it showed that I was "soft matched" with a manufacturing date of 6/16 and delivery to Costa Mesa on 6/17. He said if these dates hold I should expect a call from the delivery team around 6/17.
oooo that MSM matches my config!

So bummed! I had a VIN match yesterday with an EDD of June 3-9. Today it was gone, talked to the delivery center at Costa Mesa - he said the car just wasn't built yet and to expect delivery in the next week and a half. Something just wasn't sitting right so I called back just now and spoke to a SA who said he did a deep dive on my account and I had a VIN, but the factory decided to keep it and now I have a mfg date of June 25. I've tried to be so zen about this whole process, but I'm officially frustrated.

So bummed! I had a VIN match yesterday with an EDD of June 3-9. Today it was gone, talked to the delivery center at Costa Mesa - he said the car just wasn't built yet and to expect delivery in the next week and a half. Something just wasn't sitting right so I called back just now and spoke to a SA who said he did a deep dive on my account and I had a VIN, but the factory decided to keep it and now I have a mfg date of June 25. I've tried to be so zen about this whole process, but I'm officially frustrated.
Ughhh what a mind f***!

I wouldn't take what they told you seriously. What I would take seriously, is that you'll get your car by the end of the month. That's what all us April orders can hope for at this time.