Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi friends! I also received my VIN today. My EDD is unchanged from last night (6/9-6/21)
It looks like they are updating dates as well. My dates changed to 6/9 - 6/13 within the past few hours. (for reference, I ordered this on 3/26)

• Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

For LA folks, I just went to the Marina del Rey location and went inside to talk to anyone who could give me more info on my order (ordered 4/23 MY LR Blue/White 5 seat, 19 gemini, no tow, no FSD). My EDD keeps slipping by one day on the front end, now June 11-27. Nice guy but wouldn't give me any soft build dates. Just said it should be "soon". That "they're trying to get as many cars delivered as possible by the end of the month". Also that I should receive a VIN as soon as it rolls off the line. I told him that when I originally ordered it was for MDR pickup but they changed it to home delivery. He said that home delivery is even more expedient for Tesla because "you don't even have to be at home"! Oh and btw, there were just four cars getting ready for pickup. One black M3, two gray MY and one white MY. No blues for us team blue. 😣

For LA folks, I just went to the Marina del Rey location and went inside to talk to anyone who could give me more info on my order (ordered 4/23 MY LR Blue/White 5 seat, 19 gemini, no tow, no FSD). My EDD keeps slipping by one day on the front end, now June 11-27. Nice guy but wouldn't give me any soft build dates. Just said it should be "soon". That "they're trying to get as many cars delivered as possible by the end of the month". Also that I should receive a VIN as soon as it rolls off the line. I told him that when I originally ordered it was for MDR pickup but they changed it to home delivery. He said that home delivery is even more expedient for Tesla because "you don't even have to be at home"! Oh and btw, there were just four cars getting ready for pickup. One black M3, two gray MY and one white MY. No blues for us team blue. 😣

see Im having a tough time believing this though. Ive had my VIN for a week, delivering to MDR, and the only status I’ve gotten is it’s “still in production”. 🧐

Maybe mine failed final inspection I guess...

Thanks for going down there! This whole process is a mess.

I haven't heard much about MDR at all. With my EDD suddenly slipping into July now (order date 4/24), I don't know if I can wait that long.

Reactions: CarpeDiem12
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking for quite some time. I too am carless - turned my lease in, in hopes of getting the MY soon. I attempted to exercise some patience with this convoluted process until today when I received EDD dates into July (before it showed EDD by the end of June). Hoping this is a glitch or a joke. 😫

Including my order details --
MYLR AWD White
20" Induction
White Interior
5 Seat
No Tow, No FSD
Order Date: 4/24/21, Pickup Location Marina Del Rey
Current EDD: June 30-July 20
I ordered same config as you on the same date for Burbank pickup. Current EDD is 06/11-06/27 and was told build/delivery around the 17th. Someone else with similar config in SoCal was given similar date so I’m sure yours will be around then too. Can’t see why yours would be so far out with similar order dates and config. Hopefully your EDD is just wrong and you get yours this month.

To give a little more clarity to the process here, the order should be that you receive a phone call to schedule a delivery and THEN you receive a VIN. You can't really start your insurance policy without knowing when you'll have the vehicle. It seems that in order to meet their end of quarter numbers they're pushing those VINs out a little prematurely.

If you did receive a VIN, what this probably means is that you are in the books for a delivery this quarter. If your VIN disappears, it likely just means that your vehicle wasn't produced yet, but the plans say that a vehicle with that VIN will be built and when it is then it will be assigned to you (again).

Don't be disparaged if you've received a VIN and then it disappeared, it will either be back or you'll receive a new one. The true "big blue button" is that phone call or text scheduling your delivery.

Reactions: JustYNot
I ordered same config as you on the same date for Burbank pickup. Current EDD is 06/11-06/27 and was told build/delivery around the 17th. Someone else with similar config in SoCal was given similar date so I’m sure yours will be around then too. Can’t see why yours would be so far out with similar order dates and config. Hopefully your EDD is just wrong and you get yours this month.
I hope so too - crossing my fingers! So frustrating that people with the same builds and order dates have such vastly different dates. There is clearly no rhyme or reason to this. Tesla, oh Tesla....🤬

To give a little more clarity to the process here, the order should be that you receive a phone call to schedule a delivery and THEN you receive a VIN. You can't really start your insurance policy without knowing when you'll have the vehicle. It seems that in order to meet their end of quarter numbers they're pushing those VINs out a little prematurely.

If you did receive a VIN, what this probably means is that you are in the books for a delivery this quarter. If your VIN disappears, it likely just means that your vehicle wasn't produced yet, but the plans say that a vehicle with that VIN will be built and when it is then it will be assigned to you (again).

Don't be disparaged if you've received a VIN and then it disappeared, it will either be back or you'll receive a new one. The true "big blue button" is that phone call or text scheduling your delivery.
Yeah, I am definitely still cautious since I've received my VIN but no delivery text since others here have seen their VINs disappear.

To give a little more clarity to the process here, the order should be that you receive a phone call to schedule a delivery and THEN you receive a VIN. You can't really start your insurance policy without knowing when you'll have the vehicle.
Because CA requires an insurance grace period for purchasing a new car, I wouldn't even contact your insurance until you have the car delivered (provided of course you have an active policy)

I was told today by my SA today, that they expect my vehicle to be delivered around the 17th in Temecula. Hopefully that's true and I get a VIN later this week 🤞 Current EDD: June 13 - June 30