Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My theory is that any time a car doesn't have a real EDD, it defaults to the current baseline EDD for that config (which is September right now for MYLR). At this point, looks like Fremont only has White cars scheduled for manufacturing in the next few days. The exact manufacturing dates for the other colors in June has currently not been finalized. As a result, White cars have a real EDDs, and other colors default to September.
How do you know what is scheduled for production? I ordered white, and my EDD jumped closer, so I like the way you're talking..

My theory is that any time a car doesn't have a real EDD, it defaults to the current baseline EDD for that config (which is September right now for MYLR). At this point, looks like Fremont only has White cars scheduled for manufacturing in the next few days. The exact manufacturing dates for the other colors in June has currently not been finalized. As a result, White cars have a real EDDs, and other colors default to September.

My order is for white, and it changed from the June window to September.

Reactions: ankit
My car is white and I was moved to September

Reactions: Bucksnrt
I just spoke to a SA (and FYI - few times I've spoken to him he's been right on the money with his stuff) re: the September date.
He said that there was some sort of auto update to the site and for some reason it switched many people over to September when they should not have had that date change.

Looked into my order and said it is on track to be ready by end of next week (3rd week of the month). Said if I dont get a call/text from Tesla by next Friday to call him back.

Take it with a grain of salt if you like but for April orders or folks with September dates -- assume this applies to you all as well. Fingers crossed.

I just spoke to a SA (and FYI - few times I've spoken to him he's been right on the money with his stuff) re: the September date.
He said that there was some sort of auto update to the site and for some reason it switched many people over to September when they should not have had that date change.

Looked into my order and said it is on track to be ready by end of next week (3rd week of the month). Said if I dont get a call/text from Tesla by next Friday to call him back.

Take it with a grain of salt if you like but for April orders or folks with September dates -- assume this applies to you all as well. Fingers crossed.
My SA said the same exact thing. Call him in a week and a half if were are not assigned a VIN by next Friday.

I have a white on black MYLR ordered 4/12 financing completed 4/26 and it shows September now. Was 6/11-6/30 yesterday.

Reactions: ankit
Hey please update your SIGNATURE with any updates...

And for the rest of us fill out the GDOC Spreadsheet if you have not already done so...

"BAY AREA" people put what city is your distribution center out of.. It's to general of a term!

Here's for hoping for a VIN in the next week.

Reactions: JustYNot
Looking at the posts from this morning, looks like April orders are the ones with the September EDD. Hoping the system does this before they assign a VIN! 🤞🏻
Anyone who has picked up recently, has this happened to you?
Yes, I went to September earlier this week (wed). Then VIN came in a day later. Delivery scheduled for tomorrow now. Apr 3 order for MY LR 7 white/white tow gemini.

Last edited: