Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How obsessed am I? I'm writing a script that will refresh my account page every 5 minutes and if it detects a change in the EDD, it will notify me. I got everything working with the exception of the notification. Not sure if I should do simple email or use another notification engine. I actually have to get some jobby job work done but will hopefully finish tonight. Maybe the karma Gods will make this all for not and give me a VIN/delivery before I complete it. :p
Telegram!! Their apis seem to be straight forward 😅

Reactions: fender4645
FWIW, I stopped by the Fremont factory this afternoon and they confirmed that the September EDD is BS. However, they mentioned that Bay Area deliveries will be at the end of the quarter (ie last week of June) and they were quite confident that my order will be delivered in June.
I spoke to a Burlingame SA and he said last week of June too. I asked about the July 18 - August 17 dates and he said in some way it’s connected to current factory output… but not that accurate.

Since my Model 3 order was May 4 he said it’s likely it’s end of quarter of early July if there are any delays.

Another April order with September EDD
Was doing errands and had a non-EDD question to also ask, so I stopped in the showroom and talked with an SA. After a little sweet-talking, they went ahead and looked up in their "production view" system (they said, "please don't tell anyone, I'll get in trouble" - so apparently some showrooms/regions have told SAs not to share). They tell me that my #teamblue MYLR should come off the line on June 19. 🤞

Was doing errands and had a non-EDD question to also ask, so I stopped in the showroom and talked with an SA. After a little sweet-talking, they went ahead and looked up in their "production view" system (they said, "please don't tell anyone, I'll get in trouble" - so apparently some showrooms/regions have told SAs not to share). They tell me that my #teamblue MYLR should come off the line on June 19. 🤞

Great update, I bet lots of deliveries to this area around 24th of June.

I was really hoping it was going to be sooner than that though.

Great sleuthing! And good job not telling anyone 😂

To give hope for those seeing September, I saw September earlier this week. The morning after, I got a narrower delivery date, then a text to schedule my delivery. My car is schedule to arrive tomorrow from the Burbank showroom. I love about 14 miles away from them.

Short version, the September date may be a good sign. I originally ordered 4/9
I like seeing posts like this. Gives me hope. Did you have an option for pick up from Burbank or just delivery only. Thank you and congrats.

Reactions: JustYNot
That's a bit on the low-ish side for a CA delivery. They're already up to 211 (according to the spreadsheet). I wonder if this was a declined/no-show delivery.
Talked to my SA and the build date was 6 June and it just made it today to the delivery center. They’re doing inspections tomorrow and I pick up on Sunday.

I'm picking up in Costa Mesa. Ordered a MYP/White/Black Int./No Tow in April and my dates just changed from June 13-30 to 2-10 weeks. Maybe that is a good sign?
The dates don’t mean much.. mine said September around 0600 am yesterday, refreshed and it said 19 -30 June. This morning it said 17-30 June. Then when I got the vin today around 10am, it said 11-14 June.

I was given 06/12/21 build date by SA which I spoke with her at beginning of May. I think she was not aware that they are not supposed to give us the build date just for the headache which may or may not cause them in the future. Well, tomorrow is 06/12/21, I will find out when I get a VIN tomorrow and soon enough will uncover the truth behind the logic board and yes I ordered in April and my EDD has turned into September this morning as well.