Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are people in other parts of the country getting VINs or deliveries in the past 24 hours or so?
Rather than kick off discussions about non-ca deliveries in this thread I suggest you simply go to the current delivery time thread on this forum

Reactions: Vin_L and ucsdsig
Order date, April 14. Completed all pre delivery steps right then.
My EDD just changed from 6/12-30 to "September".
Bay Area
MYLR, Blue/Black, 5 Seater, Tow, Gemini 19, No FSD

Will I ever see this car? September makes it near 6 months. Might as well cancel and order a Rivian at this rate.
I was frustrated after seeing 'September' couple of days ago, also created account here :) and emailed the SC and they said its suppose to build in next couple of week so still hoping to get it in June. I was thinking Rivian as well if they move it to Sep. Try emailing the Service Center

• Funny
Reactions: anka2021
MYLR5 Black/Black
I just spoke to a SA (and FYI - few times I've spoken to him he's been right on the money with his stuff) re: the September date.
He said that there was some sort of auto update to the site and for some reason it switched many people over to September when they should not have had that date change.

Looked into my order and said it is on track to be ready by end of next week (3rd week of the month). Said if I dont get a call/text from Tesla by next Friday to call him back.

Take it with a grain of salt if you like but for April orders or folks with September dates -- assume this applies to you all as well. Fingers crossed.
I can second this. My SA just called (Buena Park) and told me the September date is a glitch in the system. For the first time I was given a solid update- it should be rolling off the factory by June 25.

For those who can't see my signature:
MYLR, black/black, 19in wheels, no tow, no FSD

Order date, April 14. Completed all pre delivery steps right then.
My EDD just changed from 6/12-30 to "September".
Bay Area
MYLR, Blue/Black, 5 Seater, Tow, Gemini 19, No FSD

Will I ever see this car? September makes it near 6 months. Might as well cancel and order a Rivian at this rate.
It seems that Tesla will have a poor Q2 delivery due to the global supply chain shortage.

What do you mean? 2 MY7s got the car in CA last week and I sure hope for more next week
Just anecdotally it feels like the 7 seaters have a longer lead time. Whenever I see a delivery date in October it feels like more often than not the order is for a 7 seater. I think a good number of recent deliveries (from Order to VIN < 15 days) are inventory/demo vehicles.

I hope you do get your car soon! April orders should surely be filled by June (or July at the latest).

Reactions: anka2021
How obsessed am I? I'm writing a script that will refresh my account page every 5 minutes and if it detects a change in the EDD, it will notify me. I got everything working with the exception of the notification. Not sure if I should do simple email or use another notification engine. I actually have to get some jobby job work done but will hopefully finish tonight. Maybe the karma Gods will make this all for not and give me a VIN/delivery before I complete it. :p

This was by far the most horrible car buying express so far.
Ordered 04/20/21 and EDD = September
+1 to the worst car buying experience.

I am okay with the wait, as long as they tell me how long I have to wait. I have had estimated delivery dates of late april, early may, late may, early june, and now mid/late june. We have had to rent a car for a planned road trip since we sold our car based on these estimates. I really worry about the "customer service" we will experience when the car goes in for service.

Every few days I feel like throwing in the towel and mail dealers inquiring about ICE cars. Tempted to go and test drive some other SUVs over the weekend.

Last edited:
Called Fremont showroom. Answer is: based on your order date, you should get delivery in the last 2 weeks of June. Bottom line: we'll see.
I called Burlingame to see what another Showroom would say for my Model 3…

Answer: Based on a May 4 order date I’m in the “middle” for a goal of last week of June. With EDD showing July 18 - August 17 he said the website can be inaccurate, but is based on factory output.

Bottom line: +1 we’ll see