Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe because I woke up to an overcast LA morning, that seeing my EDD pushed another day (June 15-29) this morning is making me feel :mad:. Amazing what a difference of 3 months makes. I bought my M3 in January and it literally took a day. Ordered my MY in April and it's months. Ugh. And to top it off, I got rid of my ICE suv in anticipation of the Y being delivered. So now my family looks at me with scorn every morning because we have one car. Lol I know, I know, first world problems, but sheesh I'm ticked. Particularly when you see May orders getting vins and deliveries. Looks like I will be going to MDR again tomorrow and ask them in person, nicely of course ;), where the heck is my car! Ok, rant/vent over. Maybe I'll feel better when the sun comes out. Lol.

I know Tesla fulfills their CA orders last in each quarter, but it’s hard for me to have hope at this point. Placed order 4/3 in Burbank, immediately received a VIN the following Monday so I had the SA hold delivery. EDD has been moved from late May to early June, and it’s been moving back every few days, and it’s now June 20-30. No VIN yet. Fairly straightforward design (MYLR AWD, White, 20”, Black Interior, No Tow). The lease on my current car is up on the 24th, so looks like I gotta extend….

Reactions: Emmadiane
EDD changed from July 30 - Aug 19 yesterday to July 10 - July 30.

MYLR white, black interior, 19, no tow, AP. Los Angeles.

ordered March 28, completed profile on May 21st. I wonder if I’m not in the 2Q push.
Woke up with EDD jumping back to July 1st-21st. Ours are changing with the same trend and pace. Really want to know, if we still have chance getting it within June.

Pulled in by a few days. Was 6/17-6/30 now 6/14-6/30.

Wall connector was installed yesterday and looks great. Had my buddy come over with his MX to test it out. Electrician brought the wrong 60 amp breaker (got a GFCI not realizing the wall connector has built in GFCI protection) so kept the existing 50 amp for now. Not sure if it’s even worth replacing to get an extra 6mph charge. Right now it’s definitely not worth it cause I ain’t got nothing to charge!

Pulled in by a few days. Was 6/17-6/30 now 6/14-6/30.

Wall connector was installed yesterday and looks great. Had my buddy come over with his MX to test it out. Electrician brought the wrong 60 amp breaker (got a GFCI not realizing the wall connector has built in GFCI protection) so kept the existing 50 amp for now. Not sure if it’s even worth replacing to get an extra 6mph charge. Right now it’s definitely not worth it cause I ain’t got nothing to charge!
I feel like your 6/14 early date means that your car may be built today. A lot of us moved to a 6/15 early date, which I take to mean: It could happen any day, but not today. The next two weeks should be exciting!

has anyone done home delivery yet? if so, how does making the final payment work? I am financing with my credit union and they have issued me a check to give to tesla. How would I give the check to Tesla if my delivery is a "home delivery" and contactless?

I feel like your 6/14 early date means that your car may be built today. A lot of us moved to a 6/15 early date, which I take to mean: It could happen any day, but not today. The next two weeks should be exciting!
Been burned too many times with the “early date being tomorrow” but I appreciate your optimism and I will carry it throughout the day. ;)

As expected yesterday's "september" EDD didn't last, today I'm at June 17 - 30. (ordered 4/11)

I went to the Fremont factory showroom yesterday to ask what is happening with deliveries, and the guy there told me he expects everybody in bay area who ordered in April will get their VIN in the second half of June. He said the EDDs on the website change all the time but to not worry about that. We'll see...

Awesome. If you can get us a good deal, I’m in.
Nice. Can you reply in the thread below? Easier to keep track. Thanks!

July 17 to August 6 yesterday… July 7 to July 27 today. These EDDs are nonsense. Ordered on 5/18 with original EDD of June 21 to June 30. I’m not hopeful I’ll get it by the end of June. If not, does that actually mean I won’t receive it until September, with how they’re building their cars at Fremont?